20.05.12

Gucci and Vanity Fair Cannes Dinner Party

Gucci and Vanity Fair hosted a dinner party at the Hotel du Cap followed by a party to celebrate the world restoration premiere of Sergio Leone’s ‘Once Upon a Time in America’ during Cannes Film Festival yesterday evening.

Salma Hayek, Naomi Watts and Gemma Arterton were joined by the following attendees:

Li Bingbing: The Chinese actress looked beautiful wearing a one of a kind pale blush kimono sleeved gown with black beaded sash belt. Her look was accessorized with a black Gucci clutch and Gucci jewels. An elegant updo and blush lip colour to match her dress completed her look.

Frida Giannini: The Gucci designer opted for a one of a kind black strapless silk crepe gown inspired by the Fall 2012 collection. With a black velvet waistband accenting her dress and a chiffon overlay, we got a pop of colour via her red nail.

Natasha Poly: The blonde beauty looked stunning again, wearing a one of a kind Gucci pale pink beaded halter neck gown with an open back and plunging neckline. Working a supermodel pose, she opted for kohl-rimmed eyes and a nude lip colour. A Gucci satin box clutch and champagne Gucci sandals completed her look.

Jennifer Connelly: The actress wore a shimmering emerald green Gucci one of a kind short sleeved cocktail dress. Her paillettes-covered dress was styled with a small Gucci gold box clutch, and black velvet peep toe Gucci ‘Delphine’ sandals from the Spring 2012 collection.

Bérénice Béjo: Where was this dress yesterday when Bérénice needed it? The actress wore a Gucci Pre-Fall 2012 gown which differs from the look book version which is sleeveless. Her much improved gown has a plunging neckline and emerald beaded embroidery around the waist. Emerald Chopard jewels and a wavy updo perfectly complemented her look.

Charlotte Casiraghi: With a chic updo, the princess looked stunning wearing a Gucci Fall 2012 burgundy floral embroidered silk crepe long sleeved cocktail dress which was accented with a velvet belt. Cartier fringed earrings and Gucci accessories completed her look.

Bella Heathcote: The Australian actress wore her second Gucci look of Cannes. On this occasion she wore a white tuxedo jacket, a gold short sleeved top, black pants with gold button detailing and Gucci Spring 2012 heels. She returned to her blunt cut bangs hair style and opted for a dark lip colour, which continues to be a huge red carpet beauty trend.

Credit: Courtesy of Getty Images for Gucci

Gemma Arterton In Gucci - Gucci and Vanity Fair Dinner Party

Gemma Arterton In Gucci – Gucci and Vanity Fair Dinner Party

Milla Jovovich In Atelier Versace - Life Ball 2012

Milla Jovovich In Atelier Versace – Life Ball 2012

20 Responses to Gucci and Vanity Fair Cannes Dinner Party

1. holly May 20, 2012 at 17:59 #

Li Bingbing looks DIVINE. I ADORE her look.
    Jennifer Connolly never ages and it makes me hate/love her.
    I love everything about Bella Heathcote’s look except the harsh lip. It has worked in the past but I personally think it’s way too dark for this particular ensemble, especially with the white jacket.

2. Emi May 20, 2012 at 18:10 #

Li Bingbing looked stunning and so chic, I love her from head to toe. J. Connelly looked amazing, too, it’s incredible she gave birth few months ago… Frida Giannini is such a smart woman, she managed to dress many movie stars.

3. Ramsay May 20, 2012 at 18:18 #

Oh Charlotte you are ooze class

4. Vanny May 20, 2012 at 18:24 #

Bella Heathcote: a new promisse to us!

5. noo May 20, 2012 at 18:39 #

i love li’s look :D
    natasha i like more this outing :D

6. EmmaWoodhouse May 20, 2012 at 19:44 #

Li Bing Bing–simply stunning. My favorite here.
    Frida: OK but a bit dated. Those sheer puffy black sleeves feel like they’ve been done one too many times.
    Natasha: love the hair, not the overt dress.
    Jennifer: that dress looks like a shapeless, sparkly shirt.
    Berenice: meh
    Charlotte: actually quite good, if a little dark. I wish she looked more comfortable/personable in photos
    Bella: wow, she looks like she just stepped off a runway!

7. Mol May 20, 2012 at 20:47 #

Li Bingbing and Bella Heathcote are my favorites here – Bella actually would be my singular favorite except that I’m finding the lips much too intense….

8. Yeliz May 20, 2012 at 21:32 #

Li Bingbing looks amazing. What an effortlessly gorgeous look. She is my favorite too.

Bella Heathcote is my runner-up. I love this look. Although I’m not a fan of the dark lip colour trend, I have to admit it looks good here. And she kinda reminds of Rooney Mara on this occasion but fortunately she gives us more color than black and white so far.

Charlotte Casiraghi is my third favorite. I liked her previous Gucci dress but I love this one.

9. Beta May 20, 2012 at 21:58 #

Li Bingbing looks amazing. I love the class and elegance she oozes. BDOTW contender for me :)

10. Amy May 20, 2012 at 21:59 #

Berenice and Charlotte look amazing!

11. Nat39 May 20, 2012 at 22:05 #

Can someone please tell Natasha Polly to relax a bit, she keeps striking these ott modelesque poses, it’s not a photoshoot.

12. Riley May 20, 2012 at 23:11 #

They all are meh to me. No one is stunning here. I wanted to say Natasha the best dresses but

• Riley May 20, 2012 at 23:12 #

I don’t like her clutch or cuff. I wanted to say Jennifer Connley, as I love her dress, but her meh shoes didn’t work with such a sexy dress.

Charlotte is so meh it hurts. I don’t like how she changed her belt to be black from the runway’s plum color.

13. Hannah May 21, 2012 at 00:28 #

Natasha si easiyl my best dressed here, even though I hate how the clutch & the dress are clashing. I also think that it might look a little over the top in this photo for this event, but had she not posing it woudl fi tin well with the other dresses. After that I adored Bella’s look, but the lipstick ruins it completely.

14. pavement frippery May 21, 2012 at 09:31 #

Charlotte always seems to look better in candid shots, especially when riding (taken by paps hiding in haystacks, no doubt). She just doesn’t seem comfortable on the red carpet IMO.

15. d May 21, 2012 at 09:32 #

li bingbing is gorgeous!

16. Chick Dresses May 21, 2012 at 16:09 #

Jennifer Connelly is looking stunning in this dress

17. Alina May 21, 2012 at 17:48 #

Natasha was my favourite at this event. Stunning!

18. Katie May 21, 2012 at 19:12 #

Where is Jennifer Connelly in her Gucci dress from the Once Upon a Time premiere? I can’t find it here.

Is it me or has Charlotte looked high in all her pictures? She looks like she’s on something.

19. jsshan November 10, 2012 at 07:16 #

Well dresses event. I especially love the silver dress