Menu

May 20, 2012 Runway To Red Carpet

Milla Jovovich In Atelier Versace – Life Ball 2012

Milla Jovovich looked stunning on the red carpet attending the Life Ball 2012 AIDS charity fundraiser at City Hall in Vienna, Austria, yesterday evening.

It appears to be Atelier Versace week as Milla became the fourth star to wear a look from the Spring 2012 collection, following Jane Fonda, Freida Pinto and Jada Pinkett Smith.

This lime green fully-beaded one shoulder gown with deep cutouts and Swarovski details was made for someone with as much attitude as Milla.

She worked that gown, and split, like no other could.

A Versace light gold leather clutch and gold Gucci sandals adorned with a gilded tiger head ornament from the spring 2012 collection completed her BDOTW worthy look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Gucci and Vanity Fair Cannes Dinner Party

Gucci and Vanity Fair Cannes Dinner Party

Erin Wasson In Antonio Berardi - 'Amour' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Erin Wasson In Antonio Berardi – ‘Amour’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

26 Responses to Milla Jovovich In Atelier Versace – Life Ball 2012

1. Alina May 21, 2012 at 5:40 pm #

I think she looks gorgeous.

2. Tom Kolovos May 21, 2012 at 12:22 pm #

H-I-D-E-O-U-S. AREN’T WE ALL getting a little tired of mostly talentless people modeling free clothes that aren’t even flattering?????

3. Sean Garrette May 21, 2012 at 4:52 am #

She looks WIDE and BLOATED. would’ve preferred to see it on someone else.

4. What Is The New Black May 21, 2012 at 1:39 am #

Absolutely stunning!

5. Jess2 May 21, 2012 at 1:14 am #

I love those shoes but I do not like this dress on Mila. It makes her look very boxy and just doesn’t seem to fit right. I am not a huge fan of the dress on the model but on Mila it looks even worse. I do like her styling though and she certainly was working it and I did like the pictures that were taken of her back.

6. Hannah May 21, 2012 at 12:22 am #

The blance of this dress was so delicate that Milla has completely ruined it for me. Only very few people could have worn this dress & gotten away with it, I had it mentally reserved for Blake, because she hasn’t done sexy in ages. I think that the fit is totally off on Milla, especially the bodice, I also find it very unflattering on her, and her posture is bizarre. Had she been stood up straight it would have looked a lot more elegant. The hair is bad as well.

7. Riley May 20, 2012 at 10:31 pm #

Hey FC at the end of the year, maybe you could do FC’s Adjectival Awards. I mean, you already do this on big award shows, but what about a massive list at the end of each year? For example:

Fan Bing Bing wins the Priceless Perfection Award
    Diane Kruger wins the Failure Is Not An Option Award
    Milla Jovovich wins the Werk It Award
    Jada Pinkett Smith wins the Comeback Kid Award
    Dakota Fanning wins the *Le Sigh* Award
    Catherine Duchess of Cambridge wins the Packham Princess Award
    Olivia Wilde wins the Shrug Award

• Fashion Critic May 20, 2012 at 10:58 pm #

Ok.

• Joy May 21, 2012 at 9:08 pm #

And a “what was she thinking award” though the list would be waaaay too long.

8. Yeliz May 20, 2012 at 9:37 pm #

I agree with everyone who said that it’s very ill fitting. Besides this was my least favorite gown from this collection so from the 4 ladies who wore Versace this week, this is the worst one IMO.

9. Jess May 20, 2012 at 8:29 pm #

hideous dress, and as if that isn’t bad enough, it’s really badly fitted

10. Sabreena May 20, 2012 at 7:39 pm #

I love the gown.But I agree with others,the gown makes her midriff look kinda boxy.

11. olivia May 20, 2012 at 7:18 pm #

I loved this dress on the runway, but on Milla, somethings off, it seem ill fitted, like it’s too big for her. Sorry to say it, but it’s a big no from me

12. robbie May 20, 2012 at 7:05 pm #

she manages to make such a tacky dress look classy.

• Riley May 20, 2012 at 10:34 pm #

I agree Robbie.

This look on Jennifer Lopez, Cheryl Cole, Katy Perry or Rihanna would be so tacky and cheap but on A-List actress and supermodel Milla Jovovich, it’s classic Versace perfection.

FC got it so right- Milla works whatever she wears.

I say even more so than Blake Lively or Christina Ricci. Milla makes their posing look like Julia Robert’s frumpy hunched Praying In Church Poses.

13. Shaina May 20, 2012 at 6:54 pm #

The fit is off but other than that she looks stunning! I love that color and she is really working that gown.

14. Johann May 20, 2012 at 6:50 pm #

WAW… I hate it. I dont like the color, the shape, the everything (i remember her amazing Prada dress from last year and i cry).

15. Christine May 20, 2012 at 6:47 pm #

It makes her look boxy, too wide.

16. marie May 20, 2012 at 6:35 pm #

it does look like the gown is too big for her..too bad because she looked super gorge!

• firien May 20, 2012 at 6:51 pm #

My thoughts exactly. It makes her look boxy.

• marie May 20, 2012 at 7:13 pm #

the question running in my head? why on earth would Versace allow her to wear this gown without doing an actual fitting? was this the only gown left?

17. Ninja May 20, 2012 at 6:28 pm #

I find the gown incredibly tacky. The heels however I love!

• EmmaWoodhouse May 20, 2012 at 7:45 pm #

Totally agree on both counts. Great shoes, but a tacky gown that looks terrible on her–so boxy and revealing.

18. Rebecca Z May 20, 2012 at 6:15 pm #

It is a gorgeous dress and she certainly has the attitude to carry it off, but I am thinking it is too big for her because you can see the superstructure of the dress around her midriff, on her back an at her shoulder in some of the pictures. Too bad–it is a knockout

• noo May 20, 2012 at 6:37 pm #

i think you’re right! something’s off…

• manja May 21, 2012 at 10:04 am #

+1 something is very off with the fit,to the point it looks strange&akward on her.cld’ve been nice but as it is it’s not.too bad.