Shailene Woodley In Valentino Couture – Oscars

During her first awards circuit for her star-making role in ‘The Descendants,’ Shailene Woodley has had a bumpy red carpet road, but at least it has never been dull.

I wish the same could be said for her final destination, at tonight’s 2012 Oscars in Hollywood.

Shailene chose a long-sleeved Valentino Spring 2012 Couture gown, in one of the night’s most popular colours: white.

Like Berenice Bejo, Shailene seems to hit all of this season’s biggest trends, creating a pretty, but forgettable look.

A sleek bun and smoky eyes add to this aging look for the young star.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Frugal Friday

Frugal Friday

Meryl Streep In Lanvin - 2012 Oscars

Meryl Streep In Lanvin – 2012 Oscars

26 Responses to Shailene Woodley In Valentino Couture – Oscars

1. Luiza February 27, 2012 at 00:41 #

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. One of my best dressed, alongside Jessica Chastain and Emma Stone

2. Jones19 February 27, 2012 at 00:42 #

It’s very nice but very forgettable.

• SilentVisitor February 27, 2012 at 00:59 #

3. Shaina February 27, 2012 at 00:43 #

Thats the first thing I thought of when I saw this: aging. Thats all I have to say.

4. molly February 27, 2012 at 00:44 #

At least she did something with her hair! She looks beautiful but very forgettable.

5. Raquel February 27, 2012 at 00:44 #

Biggest problem with this look is that the pannel only work with flatted chest girls. But she looked happy and sweet on TV.

• Leti February 27, 2012 at 01:39 #

Agreed. It looks much better on the runway model. Gwyneth could have rocked this on the red carpet. In addition, I don’t think the hair is really matching the flavor of this dress.

6. EmmaWoodhouse February 27, 2012 at 00:45 #

I’m divided about this look. On one hand (I’m assuming that the perforated patterned bodice is lined) it’s a sweet, demure look. On the other hand, it’s a bit blah and matronly. I was hope that Shai might go for a dramatic, youthful look. I don’t think this is Oscar appropriate–where’s the glam factor?

7. Mahima February 27, 2012 at 00:47 #

I really like it though. I think it is age appropriate.

8. mm February 27, 2012 at 00:48 #

I agree this looked aged her. She said she this dress was true to her personality. She loved the long sleeves and the simplicity. Not your typical 20 year old for sure. The dress didnt have the glamour for the awards

9. Hannah February 27, 2012 at 00:51 #

I really love her, but I just want to forget, not that it will be hard, her awards season run.
    Thsi si boring, her hair i better than usual, but I don’t like the look.
    It is not a great dress, imo, to begin with, but it is just especailly old & boring looking on her.
    I get that she loves simple, but I wish that she had done like Jennfier Lawrence last year, simple but stunning.

10. A. February 27, 2012 at 00:55 #

LESS IS MORE. her look is refreshing, not too crowded and very enlivening. I think she should be on the BDOTW this week

11. rena February 27, 2012 at 00:56 #

nice but nothing special. all in all good job for a non-nominee

12. pipsqueak February 27, 2012 at 00:57 #

Beautiful! Fresh and elegant, just like Shaileen.

13. robbie February 27, 2012 at 00:58 #

looks like something helen mirren should wear, this really ages shailene.

• noo February 27, 2012 at 04:22 #

even helen mirren doesn’t dress this old! this look is just quite matronly. shailene crushed all my hopes of her!

14. Ramsay February 27, 2012 at 00:59 #

That’s okay – competition is too tough for her to shine tonight- anyone seen Gwyneth? I think we have the winner already

15. Emerico February 27, 2012 at 00:59 #

Young, beautiful, famous and at the Oscars…yet styled in the frumpiest way possible. I weep for the wasted opportunity.

16. bm February 27, 2012 at 03:25 #

She is the most gorgeous young guns out there. It is so refreshing, age appropriate, so elegant.

17. chisyelda Tan February 27, 2012 at 12:37 #

this really boring. i think this kinda dress would look great on someone’s meryl age. such a waste.

18. Suz February 27, 2012 at 15:07 #

Just want to throw in my support for Shailene in this Valentino dress. I think she looks beautiful. The dress, in my opinion, is very modern and artistic, and I think it’s perfect for a young woman who wants to do something different from the standard young Hollywood sparkly/ruffled gown crowd. Love it.

19. Camille February 27, 2012 at 18:00 #

I don’t hate this and it is definitely different, not the usual prom dress/super sparkly type gown. However it is almost too understated for the Academy Awards, perhaps some jewelry would have added that bit of flare or drama that the biggest award show of the year, and possibly her life, merits. She does seem very comfortable and confident and the dress is really beautiful and unique. I just wish she’d had more pizzaz for this event. BTW it is definitely a dress that would work on a more mature woman and thus tends to be aging.

20. andrea February 27, 2012 at 21:50 #

It doesnt get more boring that this, I’m afraid. And her boobs are sagging

21. BH February 27, 2012 at 23:48 #

Um… is that panel see-through? So much for modesty. It looks like I can see her bra through it.

22. Alina February 28, 2012 at 13:43 #

This dress for the Oscars? Really?

23. Parvati February 29, 2012 at 23:10 #

I really like this look from Shailene. It might be a bit too conservative for a young girl like her, but it’s a very flattering design and she pulls it off so well.