Nicole Kidman In Gucci – Tropfest 2012

Nicole Kidman helped judge the Tropfest 2012 short film festival held on Sunday in Sydney, Australia.

The Australian native wore a Gucci Spring 2012 black and white silk cady t-shirt dress with jacquard waistband.

The mod dress was accessorized with Manolo Blahnik heels and an Omega Ladymatic watch.

I love this black and white look on Nicole, but I’m not sold on her blah hair and makeup.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Kelly Clarkson's Jimmy Choo Sepia Two Tone Leather Pumps

Kelly Clarkson’s Jimmy Choo Sepia Two Tone Leather Pumps

20 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Gucci – Tropfest 2012

1. Esu February 22, 2012 at 06:29 #

I think her hair looks just fine? But then I like it when she wears it more natural and curly.

The dress is fabulous. Very chic. She certainly looked better than Cate Blanchett and Toni Collette (the other judges). I think Nicole struck the right note since while the festival is a more laid back event there’s still a red carpet to walk and this dress really appropriate for such an occasion. Comfortable and easy.

• Jones19 February 22, 2012 at 11:47 #

She was by far the best dressed at this event. The only thing that’s bothering me is the heels because they disappear into the carpet but other than that she looks beautiful.

2. Errun February 22, 2012 at 06:43 #

she took the steam out of the dress!! The dress had some potential but she killed it!!

• Carolina February 22, 2012 at 14:19 #

I agree. Part of that is how she’s most definitely not working it… she looks as if she’s ready to run away.

3. Paulo February 22, 2012 at 07:22 #

I definitely like it better on Nicole! Also, Cate wore Lanvin(?) sneakers to the event so maybe that explains why Nicole’s hair and makeup wasn’t done? :)

4. Sea February 22, 2012 at 07:30 #

actually imho her face hasn’t looked this great in a long time… i used to love her and think she was so stunningly beautiful, but in the past a few years her face looked really odd. now it seems to be the old, beautiful nicole again… :)

5. Emi February 22, 2012 at 07:45 #

She looks like she went out without having the time to style her hair and put make up on. The dress is very chic.

6. msd February 22, 2012 at 11:02 #

This is quite dressed up for a short film festival in a park (yeah, Cate Blanchett was wearing trainers) but I like it on her. She looks chic but still relaxed.

• TigerNueng February 22, 2012 at 17:01 #

I agree with you

7. Andrea February 22, 2012 at 11:42 #

She looks great. Re the hair and makeup, in Nicole’s defeence, it’s incredibly humid in Sydney at the moment. Everyone’s hair is frizzy and no one’s makeup is staying put.

8. Alina February 22, 2012 at 14:24 #

I think she looked beautiful.

9. dee February 22, 2012 at 14:27 #

Looks better on the model.

10. EmmaWoodhouse February 22, 2012 at 14:33 #

Simple, cute outfit–nothing astounding. She looks a bit tired.

11. Selena February 22, 2012 at 15:29 #

So predictable that you would find something to nitpick on. Do some fact-finding on that event. It was hot and humid when it started. Less than an hour later, it was pouring rain.

• Fashion Critic February 22, 2012 at 15:48 #

You do know that we don’t attend these events. Right?

What a ridiculous comment. Lauren was right to pick up on the hair.

Whether it was raining doesn’t matter. We are not going to check the weather every time someone’s hair is a mess.

Really. I don’t know what you were thinking when you wrote this comment

• andrea February 24, 2012 at 07:31 #

If it was so hot and humid, why wear black? Why not something sleeveless? You cannot use the weather as an argument when Nicole clearly did not dress appropriately for the temperatures.

12. bm February 22, 2012 at 15:51 #

I always like Gucci SS 12. But, like Hilary Swank’s case last year, the gorgeous dress let down by bad styling. Nicole look like she took a nap before.

13. firien February 22, 2012 at 17:48 #

I love the dress but I can’t really get this look from the neck up. She looks like the old witch-like villain from some scary movie.

14. Guen February 22, 2012 at 23:39 #

Oh, my God! The outfit is beautiful, but it seems she ran from her Hair-stylist saloon ’till there and she arrived with the hairdo totally ruined and her face sweat!

15. Snowlion February 23, 2012 at 11:17 #

I think this would have worked better with her natural pale skin like the model, the fake tan is awful.