Fergie In Jean Paul Gaultier Couture – 2012 Grammy Awards

Fergie left little to the imagination at the 2012 Grammy Awards which were held in LA tonight.

The singer wore a sheer lace Jean Paul Gaultier Couture Spring 2012 gown which was shown in Paris just two weeks ago.

The always-bold Fergie didn’t opt to line the orange-lace gown, as many celebrities would have done; instead she wore the gown as presented on the runway with a black bra and panties to replace the runway thong.

When asked by Ryan Seacrest how she prepared for such a dress, Fergie admitted to trying out a juice cleanse.

Based on tonight’s look we can see that it’s working.

An embellished Judith Leiber clutch and gold Neil Lane jewelry, including a cuff and large hooped earrings, provided the finishing touches.

Many will despise this look, but this is the Grammys.

If you’re not gonna wear a look like this to the Grammys, where are you going to wear it?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Carrie Underwood In Gomez-Gracia - 2012 Grammy Awards

Carrie Underwood In Gomez-Gracia – 2012 Grammy Awards

Katy Perry In Elie Saab Couture - 2012 Grammy Awards

Katy Perry In Elie Saab Couture – 2012 Grammy Awards

40 Responses to Fergie In Jean Paul Gaultier Couture – 2012 Grammy Awards

1. EmmaWoodhouse February 13, 2012 at 01:56 #

Well, I am most definitely in the DESPISE group. This look is horrendous! Tacky orange lace over underwear? Frankly this is one of the worst dresses I’ve ever seen in my life!

2. molly February 13, 2012 at 01:59 #

I dont hate it, but it could be improved. Firstly, the color is doing nothing for her, mostly because it is the same color as her skin. Secondly, the accessories take this from couture and send it straight to taky-town. This outfit is begging for some diamonds.

3. Jessica February 13, 2012 at 02:00 #

I think I could have liked it if she did something different than the runway version and opted for something besides the black undergarments. The stark contrast of orange and black reminds me of halloween!

• Pati February 13, 2012 at 19:50 #

I agree. While I love the dress and applaud her for not lining it, the black underwear does´t work for me. Maybe some vintage inspired nudes or surprising red? I also agree with the comments about her skin color- this would work better either on someone very pale or someone considerably darker… But I give her kudos for trying something different than the regular tight, shiny and with girls on display look… And definitely for not lining it- I always regret when celbs do that as the detail always gets lost- if you don´t dare to wear a look like that, pick something else.. There are so many beautiful looks to choose from.

4. Bec February 13, 2012 at 02:06 #

I love this!!! and I’m not a Fergie fan at all!!!

5. Martin February 13, 2012 at 02:06 #

I don’t despise this gown per se, but I do have an incredible dislike for it on Fergie. She needs to leave the Jean Paul Gaultier couture to Dita von Teese. Hoop earrings and an oversized cuff with this dress? Seriously.

• gabis February 13, 2012 at 02:54 #

Agreed. Not to mention the ugly uneven hair extension…
      I’m starting to run out of words to describe my distaste for Fergie’s style.

6. AW February 13, 2012 at 02:07 #

i don’t hate the dress for the grammys I guess, it just seems a bit desperate on her. It’s not exactly aging gracefully.

7. Hannah February 13, 2012 at 02:08 #

I really don’t like it. For starters it reminds me so much of the dress Melissa Leo wore ot the Oscars last year, sounds ranodm, but the lace & the silhouette.
    Also, it’s isn’t so much the dress itself, just that I don’t like it on Fergie, it accentuates are broader torso and shoulders, and hte hair and jewellery do not work fo rme on any level.

8. Fromchi-town February 13, 2012 at 02:09 #

The color is super gorgeous and I think she pulled this risky look off. Her body looks fabulous. I dont like her earrings, but otherwise liked the look.

9. frommdq February 13, 2012 at 02:17 #

She looks ready for grammys, almost as great as mili schmoll on the runway!

10. Katey February 13, 2012 at 02:17 #

When I saw this dress tonight for the first time I was like “OMG? what is this mess? what did she think when she choose this one? she looks like a giant slushy orange!”

But now I think she’s looking good and radiant. I don’t what’s behind my mind-changing. But It’s not the worst. I like her hair and the fact she chose gold accesories.

• Fashion Critic February 13, 2012 at 02:45 #

That was my same reaction. I went from hating it to liking it within minutes

• Linda February 13, 2012 at 03:21 #

Me too. Then I saw a picture from the back and that started to change my mind and then I looked at the front again. Normally I don’t like anything she wears. I think the colour and shape of the dress combined with the gold accessories saves it from looking trashy. I should hate it according to my usual taste, but she makes it work.

• Shaina February 13, 2012 at 03:16 #

Same for me, I’m still a little hesitant but I do really like this on Fergie.

• Alina February 13, 2012 at 13:08 #

I had the same reaction too.
      I should hate it, but I actually like it.

11. Anni February 13, 2012 at 02:21 #

Love the hair, make-up and accesories. The dress fit perfectly on her and this is the perfect ocassion to wear it. She’s my best! Love it!

12. Lucy February 13, 2012 at 02:25 #

She knows how to rock it. What I love the most it’s that she doesn’t lookk trashy or cheap, looks funny and sexy! BTOTW

13. TeaAtTwo February 13, 2012 at 02:26 #

I would have love it if she had worn nude or even matching orange underwear.

• TeaAtTwo February 13, 2012 at 03:22 #

I would have liked not love this look with the changes.

• Jones19 February 13, 2012 at 13:09 #

Me too. The black is just too stark.

14. Andrew February 13, 2012 at 02:33 #

this reminds me of when Maggie Gyllenhaal wore a similar Jean paul gaultier look in 2009 when promoting the dark knight. I liked that look better.

15. JC February 13, 2012 at 02:37 #

This is the trasiest dress! It is so horrible! I can’t believe anyone will wear this tacky thing!

16. mm February 13, 2012 at 02:53 #

Not feeling the hair or those earring.

17. jas February 13, 2012 at 02:58 #

nope this is terrible. maybe in another colour

• Fashion Critic February 13, 2012 at 03:50 #

Thanks for your comments, but we have to remove all your links

18. bee7 February 13, 2012 at 03:32 #

i cant say i love this collection, IMO most of the models didnt manage to pull it off on the runway. only someone like Dita can, without looking tacky and cheap.

19. Tisha Loves Dress For Less February 13, 2012 at 03:35 #

It takes a gutsy woman to wear a see-through lace dress in public but for me, it looks more like something I would wear to bed and not to the Grammy’s but I give you kudos Fergie!

20. Leo February 13, 2012 at 03:36 #

Love that she didn’t opt to line it. It’s bold, it’s quirky, it’s Grammys! She has the guts to pull this off. The earings are bad, the bracelet is bad. But I do love the hair.

21. Giuseppi Giraffe February 13, 2012 at 03:48 #

“If you’re not gonna wear a look like this to the Grammy’s, where are you going to wear it?”
    My first reaction was “You don’t. You turn the other way and never look back.” But then it started growing on me. After a few minutes I hate it less, but that’s probably the best opinion I’m gonna have of it.

22. Eve February 13, 2012 at 04:21 #

The dress on her is okay by itself, even though the color matches her skin almost perfectly (and that is NOT a compliment). What destroyed this look for me was her extremely cheap looking earrings and cuff.

23. Ariel February 13, 2012 at 04:23 #

How I wish it was lined!

24. Jennesia February 13, 2012 at 04:32 #

I could have liked it…if I was buzzed but sadly I am sober and the heinousness of this look is to hard to ignore. Orange and Black has never done it for me, but the pronunced shoulders is turning me of…moreso than the unfortuante color combo. She is a bit top heavy and it just looks so unflattering when she draws attention to those broad shoulders! Damn you Fergie you ruined my night!

25. Jess2 February 13, 2012 at 08:30 #

I think this is a very cool risk to take and it definitely suits the Grammys but I would have liked to see this on someone else. It feels a bit try hard and big gold hoop earrings are a bit trashy and dated.

26. Slash February 13, 2012 at 11:46 #

She should’ve toned down the tan and shortened the dress, cause I really like the idea of this-it’s fun, it’s Grammy’s.

27. mary beth February 13, 2012 at 13:57 #

on blake lively I could’ve loved this look but fergie’s styling doesn’t make it classy. it’s a strong look but not on her. maybe not halloween colors either? I don’t know

28. kiwi February 13, 2012 at 14:55 #

Nope-not working

29. Mia February 13, 2012 at 14:55 #

another bad choice on the carpet….
    the lace dress is fine, but who came up with the brilliant idea to wear black underwear? It ruined everything.

30. Parvati February 13, 2012 at 20:57 #

Although it was originally presented with the black underwear, I can’t like it here, on the red carpet. She should have either have it lined, or worn orange underwear, to blend with the dress.

31. Jacqu February 14, 2012 at 11:04 #

She looks like a pumpkin, a lovely pumpkin