Meryl Streep In Vivienne Westwood – 2012 BAFTA Awards

Meryl Streep showed off a sexier, more daring side on the red carpet at the 2012 BAFTA Awards in London this evening.

Perhaps as an ode to the British award ceremony and character she played in ‘The Iron Lady’, Meryl chose to wear a look by legendary British designer, Vivienne Westwood.

Meryl teamed her signature Westwood strapless black gown with a lightly embellished corset belt and a bolero with the same sparkling details.

This is a considerably revealing ensemble for the ‘Best Actress’ nominee, who we tend to see covered up and looking drab on the red carpet.

Despite her windswept hair, which is terribly aging, unfortunately, I do love this look for Meryl.

It’s her best look so far as it actually looks like she made a real effort on this occasion.

Gold hooped earrings and a bejewelled Anya Hindmarch clutch completed her look.

Credit: Getty

19 thoughts on “Meryl Streep In Vivienne Westwood – 2012 BAFTA Awards

1. REGINA

I really don’t think the hairdo ages her, I think it’s very age appropriate. She looks fab and look at that creamy skin!!

1. Linda

I agree completely. The hair is lovely and she looks happy and elegant and sexy. It really is departure for her.

2. EmmaWoodhouse

I like the hair but the dress/bolero doesn’t do it for me. It’s not her typical drab style but it feels sort of over-the-top

3. robbie

did she steal that bolera from dynasty could totally see joan collins character wearing that. other than that the look is pretty hot.

4. Dhppy

I can’t believe Meryl has finally done it! How many times has this icon walked down a red carpet in seemingly afterthought scattershot concoctions and now, finally it happens. She looks glamorous… and she knows it!

5. curson

This is the best I have ever seen Meryl look at an event, really ravishing, polished and sexy but age appropriate, those Westwood boned bodices are just so structured and flattering on any woman of any age or body shape.

6. Jess2

Meryl looks radiant and as beautiful as ever, this has to be her best look in a long while and it is a bit risque for her which makes it even better. I don’t think the hair is aging her I think it works so well this this look. BDOTW contender for me