Menu

September 21, 2020

Yara Shahidi Wore Prada To The 2020 Emmy Awards

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Yara Shahidi Wore Prada To The 2020 Emmy Awards

Yara Shahidi joined her on-screen mom Tracee Ellis Ross for the 2020 Emmy Awards on Sunday (September 20), before showing her fans on Instagram her step-by-step routine of getting ready for an awards show, which included bleaching her upper lip hair

You have to love the realness.

And it looked like the glam paid off, as she was glowing while striking a pose in her Prada light pink crystal embroidered jeweled net gown.

I’ve glanced at this several times, and I can’t figure out if the black velvet ribbons and black ostrich feathers are a help or a hindrance to this piece.

On the one hand it prevents the dress feeling like a run-of-the-mill embellished dress.

But on the other it looks a tad out of place that I wish it has been tonal instead of black because from this angle is looks like could’ve been her hair.

The vision becomes more apparant when I see the look in motion on Yara’s Instagram when the goddess vibes were oozing from my screen.

So this was a hesitant yes, turned into a full yes.

Credit: Instagram

Shira Haas Wore Chanel Haute Couture To The 2020 Emmy Awards

Shira Haas Wore Chanel Haute Couture To The 2020 Emmy Awards

2020 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Roundup

2020 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Roundup

8 Responses to Yara Shahidi Wore Prada To The 2020 Emmy Awards

1. Hailey September 23, 2020 at 6:25 pm #

The dress is pretty but her hair ruins the look for me. To overwhelming and distracting to the gown.

2. TeaAtTwo September 21, 2020 at 11:28 pm #

I thought it the feathers were part of her hair. Seeing this in different angles makes me like it more though I think I would have liked it even more if the feathers were tonal.

• Catherine Kallon September 22, 2020 at 2:12 pm #

I was very confused at first too

3. Ruth September 21, 2020 at 10:40 pm #

MEH.
    Her style is always bad.

4. phee September 21, 2020 at 10:35 pm #

Ha! I totally assumed it was her hair in braids and poof on the bottoms. Im sure I would of liked that better.
    She looks like a doll (in the best sense fo the word). very pretty!

• Catherine Kallon September 22, 2020 at 2:12 pm #

Had I not read the description of the dress I would’ve thought the same

5. Chris September 21, 2020 at 7:52 pm #

On this picture, I’m not that sure about the feathers either, but I also saw other pictures and videos on social media that make me come to the conclusion I really do love this look as well.

• Catherine Kallon September 21, 2020 at 9:20 pm #

Yes. You have to see this at the right angle