Menu

March 23, 2020 Best Of

Which Was Your Favourite Cynthia Erivo Awards Season Look?

Cynthia Erivo had the most colourful, and entertaining looks when it came to the 2020 edition of awards season.

Yes she had a lot of gowns, but she had a varied amount of gown when ti came to their style (not all one shouldered for example), plus she also scored the most looks notching up twelve outings.

But were they all successful? For the most part, I would say yes.

Versace may have been her go-to designer during the season, with a tally of four, but my favourite moments from Cynthia came in the two Schiaparelli Haute Couture looks, with the SAG Awards pink and red gown ever so slightly in front, and her Atelier Versace Vanity Oscar party dress a close third place.

The one thing we admired about Cynthia during awards season, and her promo tour for ‘Harriet,’ is that no gown was too big.

She lived by the moto “go bold, go big, or go home,” and we couldn’t get enough of it.

At 5ft 1′ she was not to be denied some of the grandest Haute Couture gowns to hit the runways of Milan and Paris.

Dries Van Noten Fall 2020 Red Carpet Wish List

Dries Van Noten Fall 2020 Red Carpet Wish List

Jasmine Tookes Embraces Neutral Tones For The Senreve Brunch

Jasmine Tookes Embraces Neutral Tones For The Senreve Brunch

12 Responses to Which Was Your Favourite Cynthia Erivo Awards Season Look?

1. TeaAtTwo March 24, 2020 at 4:17 pm #

Voted for the Fendi Couture, it was so interesting and difficult to pull off but she did it with panache.
    So gutted about the Prabal Gurung poor fit and it losing the magic it had on the runway, they should have waited a few events to get it altered for frame rather than rushing to be so quick to get it from the runway and it ending up looking so bad.
    The Oscar night Versace looks were disappointing especially the awards one as it felt so mainstream safe.

2. JOYITA March 24, 2020 at 3:25 pm #

Vanity Fair Oscar, one of my favourites of the award season.

3. Martijn March 24, 2020 at 10:33 am #

I think both Schiaparelli looks suit her the best, specially the one from Palm Springs. Glad she showed variety and it’s always up to take risks, but not sure about the whole Awards Season from her, there always seems to be an issue with the looks.

4. pheephee March 24, 2020 at 4:28 am #

She looks like a clown in most of them. the giant floofy dresses she just gets lost in.
    And she has poor styling taste for a lot of it.
    She looks far superior, far stronger, in the sleek simple looks like the 1st two dresses and the last dress.

5. SarahS95 March 24, 2020 at 1:53 am #

What a run!! It was an excitement every time to see her on the red carpet and that’s the way it should be! Petite Power award for sure

6. Catarina_M March 23, 2020 at 10:18 pm #

The Fendi for me.

7. CN March 23, 2020 at 9:43 pm #

To me, she was the star of the awards season. I love the Versace she wore at the HFA.

• Catherine Kallon March 23, 2020 at 11:09 pm #

I agree with this statement 100%

8. Ksenia Bradner March 23, 2020 at 9:29 pm #

Cynthia still is a shoe-in for the Petite Power Aware. These looks are quite the range. I’d like to see Cynthia in more Thom Browne and Valentino Couture. I don’t trust Versace or Schiaparelli to get it right for Cynthia.

9. alvarospain March 23, 2020 at 8:55 pm #

Atelier Versace at Vanity Fair Oscar Party for me.

10. Nat39 March 23, 2020 at 8:07 pm #

Overall, I did enjoy her run, although I found always something a bit of here and there. My fave was her Schiaparelli Haute Couture at Palm Springs, followed by her last Atelier Versace. at American Black Film Festival Honors Ceremony. At the end of the day It’s the simple silhouette that suited and flattered her the most.

• Nat39 March 23, 2020 at 8:20 pm #

*a bit off here and there