Menu

March 2, 2020

Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2020

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2020

Valentino presented their Fall 2020 collection during Paris Fashion Week on Sunday (March 1) in France.

Caitriona Balfe:  The actress presented a classic silhouette characterized by the rich cloque fabric.  I think one branded accessory would’ve sufficed here.  What do you think?

Angela Bassett:  I was so happy to see Angela in the front row at this event. The front rows are pretty much full of the same people each time, which has made them a lot less interesting to cover, so Angela’s presence feels as refreshing as her summery Valentino shirt dress.   I adore those feather accented sandals.

Zoey Deutch:  The lady who kick started the yellow suit trend, swerved the classic Valentino look for something edgier in this PVC red look, which I love from the knee caps up.

Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2020

Jessica Kahawaty:  The socialite was certainty the most colourful in this Valentino Spring 2020 zestful jungle print dress.  I’m unsure if the earrings were overkill here.

Maggie Rogers:  The singer rocked a china blue print Valentino Pre-Fall 2020 look, which I’m sure will get a lot of PJ comparisons.

Janelle Monae:   As fun as this look is, I’m more intrigued by the dress underneath.

Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2020

Naomi Ackie:  The British actress presented the classic A-line skirt and shirt Valentino combo.  l love how both are enriched by floral embellishments and print.

Izabel Goulart:  Even that gorgeous embroidered Valentino Spring 2020 coat can’t distract us from those gorgeous legs.

Alexa Chung: This puffy polka dot Valentino dress couldn’t be more perfectly suited to Alexa’s aesthetic.

Credit: Valentino/SGPItalia

Dua Lipa Performed In GCDS  For The 2020 Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras

Dua Lipa Performed In GCDS For The 2020 Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras

Tika Sumpter Wore  Temperley London To The SCAD aTVfest 2020

Tika Sumpter Wore Temperley London To The SCAD aTVfest 2020

8 Responses to Front Row @ Valentino Fall 2020

1. JasLinds March 3, 2020 at 1:06 am #

Hate all the accessories with the huge V on them. I think it looks cheap. I like Jessica and Alexa (despite the bags).

2. Guest March 3, 2020 at 12:05 am #

Jessica’s dress and Maggie’s suit and Naomi’s outfit are my favourites here. I swear Angela looks younger and more fabulous every year.

3. lmkw March 2, 2020 at 11:59 pm #

All of these are lots ‘o fun. Angela, Naomi, and Alexa are my faves.

4. Guest March 2, 2020 at 11:48 pm #

Caitriona and the two Naomis are the only ones who are doing the brand proud. The rest are either whatever (Alexa, whose job is still to be a size 0 apparently despite having her own line) or awkwardly out of place (Maggie’s boots need to burned and show she doesn’t have good styling instincts when given too much sway) and Jessica’s blue clutch was clearly an item the house wanted displayed regardless of the loaned outfit. Mess. Izabel looks great but that’s not a Valentino look, even if her clothes are indeed Valentino. These front row appearances are to epitomize the brand. This is also just a bad showing for Valentino shoes: four of the shoes need to be burned.

5. ? March 2, 2020 at 9:23 pm #

I actually like Jessica’s and Naomi’s looks. Alexa’s is right up her alley. Janelle is enjoyable and pleasant to watch as always. I really like Maggie’s look too, sans the boots. It would have been such a lovely look paired with a hot pink, marigold or green sandal.

anonymous as always

6. Guest March 2, 2020 at 8:23 pm #

I am not a big fan of the “heavy weight championship title belt” that Valentino is showing but even so Catriona and Angela look great. Love Izabel’s look as well as Naomi’s. Naomi’s look is so very wearable and relatable though I do wish the shirt had a slightly slimmer silhouette.

7. Paola102 March 2, 2020 at 8:20 pm #

I like Caitriona’s dress, as well as Angela’s. I don’t like her bangs though.
    And I love Naomi’s look….beautiful prints mix!

8. Guest March 2, 2020 at 8:03 pm #

Had to do a double take at Angela B’s photo, for a second I thought it was you F.C.! X