Menu

March 2, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Had it not been for Elle Fanning, Helen Mirren and Cate Blanchett, this year’s Berlinale International Film Festival would’ve probably completely passed me by.

Big names do attract me to these events, and so do beautiful stand out dresses, but the latter was massively lacking unfortunately.

The closing ceremony took place on Saturday (February 29) in Germany, with jury member Berenice Bejo hitting the red carpet.

When I saw her in this Valentino Spring 2020 Haute Couture dress, it kinda summed up my feeling about this whole event….disappointing.

A Mia Goth, Zoey Deutch and potentially Gal Gadot could’ve sold this dress to me, but Berenice doesn’t have the alternative, fashion forward presence to make this work for me.

Valentino Spring 2020 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , ,

Tika Sumpter Wore  Temperley London To The SCAD aTVfest 2020

Tika Sumpter Wore Temperley London To The SCAD aTVfest 2020

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Wore Catherine Walker & Alessandra Rich For Ireland Visit

13 Responses to Berenice Bejo Wore Valentino Haute Couture To The Berlinale Film Festival Closing Ceremony

1. JessHarps March 3, 2020 at 1:12 pm #

The bodice bothers me. If it was a solid colour it would be far superior. As it is, it gives off a Star Trek vibe (especially with that pin) and the hazy grey colour is unpleasant with the yellow. I’m sad cause I love Valentino!

2. Sharon M March 3, 2020 at 12:17 pm #

That dress is awful. The top is unattractive, but the sleeves and gloves are just terrible.

3. Guest March 3, 2020 at 12:00 pm #

Just say no to “gleeves”.

4. Guest March 3, 2020 at 9:50 am #

I actually like the dresses minus the sleeves. The model sells it better though. The skirt and the yellow are lovely.

5. CharlotteLG March 3, 2020 at 8:14 am #

The top is pretty ugly, the bag doesn’t work with the color of the belt, her hairstyle is pretty dull… not a good look for sure.

6. Guest March 3, 2020 at 12:12 am #

Mia Goth and Chloe Sevigny are a few people that would have sold this but on Bérénice this looks like a random ice skating costume top.

7. KseniaBradner March 2, 2020 at 11:42 pm #

The top is trendy assery but the skirt is a well-done Couture version of a boring black pleated sequin skirt. The skirt with that stunning crystal application shouldn’t be wasted on such a tryhard trendy top.

8. Fiona23 March 2, 2020 at 11:31 pm #

I don’t think anyone could have sold this look. The skirt is nice but the top – no…..

9. Guest March 2, 2020 at 11:29 pm #

I generally love Valentino but this is not good. Even without the gloves and sleeves, it still would’ve been an ugly dress IMO

10. Guest March 2, 2020 at 9:31 pm #

Not much a fan of these types of “gloves” but I don’t mind them with this outfit. But….I like it on the model but on Berenice, it looks kinda cheap.

11. Guest March 2, 2020 at 9:16 pm #

“Gloved sleeves” seems like an emerging trend, and I have to say I’m actually intrigued by it, I’d gladly try it in a regular every day setting, I think it will look cool, trendy, and practical. As for this look, I’m not quite sold on it on her either. I can also think maybe Diane Kruger here.

12. Phee phee March 2, 2020 at 8:50 pm #

Those sleeves and gloves ruin the look totally and no one could of saved it.

13. Guest March 2, 2020 at 8:45 pm #

I don’t know who could sell me an outfit that looks like the wearer has on full arm white latex surgical gloves. It looks like she is about to reach deeply into something very messy.