Menu

January 20, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Kathryn Newton In Valentino – 2020 SAG Awards

Kathryn Newton In Valentino - 2020 SAG Awards

Kathryn Newton lit up the red carpet at the 2020 Screen Actors Guild Awards on Sunday (January 19) in Los Angeles.

While not everyone can pull off neon orange, Kathryn does not shy away from saturated colors on the carpet, and the highlighter hued gown from Valentino Spring 2020 did not disappoint.

Tiers of citrus fluttered around the ‘Big Little Lies’ actress, embodying her youthful energy.

The deep v neckline and equally exposed back elevated the smock dress design, yet the best feature may as well be the pockets.

Kathryn made good use of them, twirling and fluffing her dress with the aid of her hands in the pockets.

Looking like a modern Cinderella, she proved today’s modern princess wants her ball gown in neon and with pockets too.

Pairing the look with a simple low bun and drop earrings, Kathryn found the right hair and accessories to compliment —not interfere—with the dress. Sometimes you have to let a color speak for itself.

Valentino Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Dakota Fanning In Valentino - 2020 SAG Awards

Dakota Fanning In Valentino – 2020 SAG Awards

Lupita Nyong'o In Louis Vuitton - 2020 SAG Awards

Lupita Nyong’o In Louis Vuitton – 2020 SAG Awards

11 Responses to Kathryn Newton In Valentino – 2020 SAG Awards

1. Guest January 25, 2020 at 4:20 pm #

See, I was going to discard this attempt of a look for the flat-chested-ness, but frankly it doesn’t look better with boobage, sooooo, nopety-nope-nope.

2. Guest January 21, 2020 at 4:12 pm #

This was another one of my favorites! It’s a bummer that not many are on-board, but I thought she looked great! It’s a lot of dress, and she carried it off wonderfully!

3. Paola102 January 20, 2020 at 2:35 pm #

I love a good billowy dress. Love the colour and the style. But the V is too low and too wide….not flattering at all.

4. Catarina_M January 20, 2020 at 9:05 am #

This is refreshing, I like it. Probably she should have closed the neckline a bit but besides that this is a fresh and fun look.

5. Guest January 20, 2020 at 7:51 am #

Ugh! Other than the color, hate this look. The exaggerated sleeves look like butterfly wings in a bad way. And the tiers of the skirt remind me of bad/dated 1970s fashion.

6. Guest January 20, 2020 at 3:09 am #

The neckline is too wide and it reminds me of that gigantic pink dress that Gemma Chan wore last year. I hated that one and I hate this one for all the same reasons.

7. KseniaBradner January 20, 2020 at 1:25 am #

Lovely, don’t care that it’s winter. Always in the mood for sunshine.

8. Guest January 20, 2020 at 12:47 am #

I like this! I think the wide neckline is necessary, otherwise it would be too stuffy a dress with all that fabric.

9. Guest January 20, 2020 at 12:43 am #

I like the sunny color, but the neckline is awful and unflattering, the shape does nothing for her, and the sleeves are kinda cheap-looking.

10. Phee phee January 20, 2020 at 12:41 am #

the color is lovely but I really dislike the huge wide v neckline. it looks like she has the dress on backwards ( on the runway too)
    Neck up, is pretty. But the dress is not that great.

11. Guest January 20, 2020 at 12:39 am #

Love love love.

Orange is turning out to be the colour of 2020 instead of blue like everyone predicted.