Menu

January 20, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Dakota Fanning In Valentino – 2020 SAG Awards

Dakota Fanning In Valentino - 2020 SAG Awards

Dakota Fanning was also one of the early arrivals on the red carpet of the 2020 SAG Awards on Sunday (January 19) in LA.

While she opted for a girly, princess look at the 2020 Golden Globes a few weeks ago, tonight she went from girlishness to a glitzed-up glamour in a Valentino Pre-Fall 2020 gown.

I love that she matched her earrings to the crystallized, keyhole that was a lovely shade of pastel green.

On this occasion, I feel like the additional lining for the skirt served the look well compared to the original design on the runway.

Fred Leighton jewels completed her look.

Valentino Pre-Fall 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , ,

Millie Bobby Brown In Louis Vuitton - 2020 SAG Awards

Millie Bobby Brown In Louis Vuitton – 2020 SAG Awards

Kathryn Newton In Valentino - 2020 SAG Awards

Kathryn Newton In Valentino – 2020 SAG Awards

16 Responses to Dakota Fanning In Valentino – 2020 SAG Awards

1. Noor January 28, 2020 at 2:39 am #

I’m glad she saved a lining. It’s pretty, charming on her. Reminds me of Amanda Seyfried.

2. Originalmeme January 20, 2020 at 3:27 pm #

Lovely and thankfully she had it lined. I was so happy not to see naked gowns at the SAGS

3. ? January 20, 2020 at 12:03 pm #

I like the look, love the colour and the overall dreaminess of the dress and styling, but unfortunately for me she doesn’t bring much life to it.

anonymous as always

4. MissHebble January 20, 2020 at 9:53 am #

I’m so happy this is lined! I’m not keen on the cut out but I like the colour.

5. Catarina_M January 20, 2020 at 9:03 am #

I don’t like the keyhole, ignoring that and she looks good.

6. Guest January 20, 2020 at 7:44 am #

While I like the keyhole opening and the extra lining (don’t care to see the underpinnings of a garment – too distracting), the light color washes her out. Like others have pointed out, her cheeks were overdone with the orange color.

7. Guest January 20, 2020 at 6:05 am #

I love this. One of my best-dressed of the night . Love the colour.

8. Isabela January 20, 2020 at 6:02 am #

I loved it when i saw her earlier, but now that i’m looking better, there’s something wrong going on with her make up, her cheeks look orange.

9. Guest January 20, 2020 at 3:08 am #

She is 0 for 2 so far this year for me. This dress looks cheap and the color is not great in her. And, her makeup is a bit harsh with the blush/cheeks.

10. Guest January 20, 2020 at 2:41 am #

I welcome this change! Ok well maybe not soo much with her usual color palette but at least she’s serving a bit of sexy with the peek on her midsection and giving us Hollywood 1950’s siren hair with the waves. I’ll take it!!

11. JasLinds January 20, 2020 at 1:44 am #

It’s too dull for her. I wonder if it’s the lining that isn’t quite right because the lookbook model has similar complexion and it looks great on her. It might have actually been more effective left slightly sheer (gasp).

12. KseniaBradner January 20, 2020 at 1:23 am #

This would be divine on Thomasin Mackenzie or Eleanor Tomlinson; Dakota’s never-changing hair sucks the life out of everything she wears. She doesn’t respect the clothes enough to go out of her comfort zone to do the clothes justice.

13. Phee phee January 20, 2020 at 12:32 am #

I dont know if its the best color for her. But she insists on keeping to the pastel shades..
    Also really dont like the cutout.
    The hairstyle however might be a personal best from her. Usually its so limp and lanky.

14. Guest January 20, 2020 at 12:30 am #

Her last name is “fanning ” so she definitely gonna appear on the best dressed list.

• Guest January 20, 2020 at 12:49 am #

15. Guest January 20, 2020 at 12:27 am #

I’m not a fan of the cut-out on the stomach or how the pastel green brings out the yellowishness in her hair, otherwise it’s a lovely look