Menu

November 15, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Time 100 Next Gala Red Carpet Roundup

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Here’s a roundup of the other ladies who attended the TIME 100 Next event, which is an expansion of the TIME 100 list of the most influential people in the world, held at Pier 17 on Thursday (November 14) in New York City.

Awkwafina: The ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ star joined fellow honorees Keke Palmer and Camila Cabello on the red carpet wearing a signature Missoni zig zag print dress.  This picture proves that Awkwafina should smile more often.

Lili Reinhart: The actress is on a bit of a roll with Rodarte.  This Fall 2019 tiered dress with a multitude of contrasting bows sits very much in her girlie girl wheelhouse. Lili isn’t trying to reinvent the wheel, and she’s not looking to cause a stir.  She knows what works for her and she’s sticking with it.

Maggie Rogers:  I have to give kudos to Maggie for stepping out in this Prada dress, which doesn’t have runway, hanger or real-life appeal.  Perhaps she saw how Carey Mulligan managed to make her version work on the runway at the 2019 Met Gala and saw things working out the same way. Sadly, not even the great Cate could make this version work.

Rodarte Fall 2019
Prada Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Tracee Ellis Ross' Oversized Suit For The ‘Queen & Slim’ LA Premiere

Tracee Ellis Ross’ Oversized Suit For The ‘Queen & Slim’ LA Premiere

Zendaya Coleman Spotlights Imane Ayissi At The ‘Queen & Slim’ LA Premiere

Zendaya Coleman Spotlights Imane Ayissi At The ‘Queen & Slim’ LA Premiere

9 Responses to Time 100 Next Gala Red Carpet Roundup

1. MissHebble November 18, 2019 at 10:40 am #

If I ever tried to make a dress I have to imagine it’d look like the Prada.

2. Guest November 16, 2019 at 8:13 pm #

Maggie’s Prada dress looks like garbage bags. Literally horrible, a WDOTY contender.

3. Guest November 16, 2019 at 2:08 pm #

That Rodarte is a mess. Project Runway run amok.

4. Guest November 16, 2019 at 3:24 am #

I like Awkwafina’s smile but that dress looks bland on her. Lili suits the Rodarte dress and it’s quite pretty. The Prada dress is just awful and looks like a bad home ec project.

5. KseniaBradner November 16, 2019 at 2:05 am #

The Prada is a terrible design and not even Maggie’s style. Lili is very lovely in that Rodarte. She should really wear that brand as often as possible, it’s totally her vibe. Awkwafina looks nice.

• Vu0n9 November 16, 2019 at 5:02 pm #

So glad I am not the only one to think Lili looks lovely. That Rodarte dress fits her perfectly.

6. Guest November 16, 2019 at 12:41 am #

Awkwafina is glowing here! She looks really soft & pretty! I love Lili’s whole look. The Prada dress is crazy.

7. Phee phee November 15, 2019 at 11:25 pm #

Awkwafina looks ok. its nothing exciting but it works fine.
    Lilis I cant stand. I think it looks dorky. I think its all the bows. its just so cutesy blech. I also find the color not that great for her.
    Maggies is just a mess. it didn’t work on Carey either.
    I forgot how many good looks there were for the Met Gala. Am going through them all again now!

8. Vizual Ninja November 15, 2019 at 11:17 pm #

I wish Gugu opted for this Rodarte instead, the retro isn’t as strong with this one and Lili looks cute. Awkwafina looks nice but needed a brighter lip colour, she looks a tad washed out. That’s a mess of a dress on Maggie.