Menu

November 5, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

There was plenty of colour, pattern and even some dazzling metallics with the menswear looks this week as gents attended the 2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala on Saturday (November 2) in Los Angeles followed by the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards on Monday (November 4) in New York City.

Donald Glover: He carries off colour and pattern with ease and that was evident in this floral Gucci blazer with cropped trousers at the 2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala.

Ben Platt: It was interesting to see his interpretation of this graphic Victor Glemaud Resort 2020 sweater with Christian Louboutin ‘Roadie’ black leather Chelsea boots and tapered trousers at the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards.

Jared Leto: In Gucci with his long black hair at the 2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala, the actor does seem to be morphing into Alessandro Michele.

Victor Glemaud Resort 2020
Gucci Spring 2020

Finneas: Also at the gala, the singer’s Gucci Resort 2020 look had interesting details at every turn from the salmon silk shirt to his printed socks. And there’s no forgetting the floral blazer.

Lil Nas X: In Off White Spring 2020, he cut a cool, futuristic figure at the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards.

John Legend: The crooner oozed dapper gentleman in Gucci Pre-Fall 2019 at the 2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala. The burgundy velvet brought out his colouring.

Gucci Resort 2020
Off-White Spring 2020

Ricky Martin: He also looked incredibly dapper at the event in Gucci. Like John, his bowtie was slightly askew for a quirky element.

Tan France: The ‘Queer Eye’ star shone bright in Private Policy at the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards. The pants presented a more formal finish than the shorts from the runway.

Anderson .Paak: The rapper brought vintage swagger in muted pastel Gucci to the 2019 LACMA Art + Film Gala.

Private Policy Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com, Gucci & Getty

, , ,

2019 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

2019 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

'Let It Snow' LA Premiere

‘Let It Snow’ LA Premiere

12 Responses to Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

1. Guest November 12, 2019 at 6:01 pm #

I would have loved Lil Nas X suit if it fit! Needed someone like on the runway who filled the suit out.

2. Los_NGLS November 7, 2019 at 3:33 pm #

I will accept this as an apology from Donald for his last Gucci outing (and I’ll forever love that handsome af face.)

I like Ben’s sweater, but I don’t think I’d be able to look at it for more than 2 and 3/4 hours.

I’ve come to appreciate Jared Leto’s glamrock LA jesus aesthetic. “Like” might be too strong of a word, but definitely appreciate.

Is Ricky just gonna be beautiful forever???

3. Guest November 7, 2019 at 1:30 pm #

Absolutely in LOVE with Donald look. Elegant yet playful. Also LOVE Anderson shirt.

4. Guest November 6, 2019 at 3:48 am #

John Legend and Ricky Martin FTW – with honourable mention to Tan. Ben Platt looks like a Star Trek cast member.

5. JasLinds November 6, 2019 at 1:44 am #

John Legend and Ricky – just goes to show that classic always wins.

Ben Platt is fine but bit casual.

I really hate Jared Leto’s style.

Donald and Finneas – I’m just not sure the pussy bow works, but only Donald can really carry this off.

Everyone else is pretty terrible

6. KseniaBradner November 6, 2019 at 1:02 am #

With any Jared Leto look, it’s a matter of how much he contains the Douche, because that man oozes douche oil from every single pore; it’s not a style vibe or character, it’s truly who he is, which makes it worse. Every Jared Leto interview and outfit I have to contain vomit. Love the blazer, pants and shoes.

I think Anderson did a good job, he nailed the vibe he was going for, I love the pastel colors with the hat. Finneas’ outfit really suits his earnest, honest personality, so he totally pulls it off. Donald and Ben nailing it as usual. Love Tan’s outfit. I fear the day he wears something off the mark because it’s his job to get it right lol. Every John Legend look rolls into one but that’s not a bad thing because he always looks great.

7. Guest November 6, 2019 at 12:06 am #

What a fun post! My favs are Donald Glover (that jacket!) and John Legend but I like several of the others even though not all are to my taste.

8. Guest November 5, 2019 at 10:10 pm #

Is Ben going to audition for a role in Star Trek?

9. Catarina_M November 5, 2019 at 10:00 pm #

Jonh and Ricky for the classy ones and Donald and Jared for the fashion forward ones.

10. Guest November 5, 2019 at 9:32 pm #

Donald and Ben are my favourites here. Ricky too for the impeccable fit.

11. Phee phee November 5, 2019 at 9:19 pm #

I adore Donalds and Andersons retro cool looks. Love the looks.
    Jared looks cool too. Its a coherent look at least. I enjoy it.
    John and Ricky look sharp, but it feels pretty standard here. Kinda boring when mixed with the others….
    Nas’ shoes are awful.

12. Guest November 5, 2019 at 9:08 pm #

John Legend is the only decent one. They are all too “edgy ” for me. I like men who are fashion forward like Chadwick Bosman or even Timothy Chalamet but this is way out there for my taste.