Menu

September 25, 2019

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex’s South Africa Tour Continues With Three More Looks

Meghan Markle in Martin Grant South Africa Royal Tour

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex stepped out last night serving up her first evening look of her South Africa tour.

The Duchess rewore the striped Martin Grant dress she debuted during last year’s royal tour when she visited to Bondi Beach.

Looking the other guests, this did seem like a very informal event, yet I was still hoping for something a bit more glam.

What did I love? Her hair once again, and natural makeup.

Meghan Markle in Club Monaco South Africa Royal Tour

Introducing baby Archie to the Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Leah Tutu in Cape Town earlier today (September 25), Meghan wore a blue and white patterned Club Monaco dress for the occasion.

I did like the vibrant print, the navy pumps, and how she was in-sync with baby Archie who was wearing blue and white stripes.

This was a very simple and chic day time look.

Meghan Markle in Everlane South Africa Royal Tour

For her meeting with female entrepreneurs and tech investors at UK-South Africa tech hub, the Woodstock Exchange, Meghan kept things simple wearing a black Everlane jumpsuit.

Would it be wrong of me to point at that this is probably her best look yet?

Gas Bijoux gold earrings, and Manolo Blahnik pumps completed her  first solo event on the tour.

Credit: Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , , , , , , ,

Dame Helen Mirren Was Looking Regal In Chalayan For The 'Catherine The Great' London Premiere

Dame Helen Mirren Was Looking Regal In Chalayan For The ‘Catherine The Great’ London Premiere

Juliette Binoche Wears Chloe's Aquatic Florals To  'La Verite' San Sebastian Film Festival Premiere

Juliette Binoche Wears Chloe’s Aquatic Florals To ‘La Verite’ San Sebastian Film Festival Premiere

23 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex’s South Africa Tour Continues With Three More Looks

1. Guest September 29, 2019 at 8:13 am #

She looks vibrant and happy!
    I love the hair and jewelry in the third look …
    Overall, very, very good!

2. Guest September 26, 2019 at 8:53 pm #

Her make-up and hair look amazing in all three. I love the jumpsuit, she looks very chic and modern. I also really like that Club Monaco dress, the first look is a no for me.

3. KseniaBradner September 26, 2019 at 2:59 pm #

Martin Grant is a much better designer and there are so many better Martin Grant pieces for her to wear than this ugly clunky dress.

4. MissHebble September 26, 2019 at 6:22 am #

The third look is lovely. The other two are nice and event appropriate.

5. JasLinds September 26, 2019 at 4:51 am #

Has she got a new hair stylist and makeup artist? They’re finally getting it right! No fly-aways and toned down bronzer.
    Love all the outfits, but the jumpsuit is my favourite. None of them are blowing me away fashion-wise but true to her office-chic style. She looks good.

6. Noor September 26, 2019 at 2:57 am #

My personal choice would be the first. It feels so comfortable.

On the Duchess, I like the third. It has always been a hard thing for her to make others satisfy with her outings. After so many negative comments, this’s how you take all the attention eventually. She’s good looking, simple styling yet gorgeous. I wish to see her more like this.

7. Guest September 26, 2019 at 1:41 am #

3 forgettable looks. Not sure why she thought a maxi dress was appropriate for a reception at the British High Commission.

• Guest September 26, 2019 at 5:04 am #

If you look at pictures from this event you will see she is not overdressed, so it was appropiate, imo.

8. Jess Mara September 26, 2019 at 1:27 am #

Now I know that you love a good jumpsuit Catherine so I am glad that you are onboard with the third look!! I also love that she is actually doing something different with her hair – as you said she’s got a hair stylist in tow which is a good idea.

9. Guest September 25, 2019 at 11:26 pm #

I like all of these looks on the Duchess. They are not exciting but all are event and location appropriate. I am glad that she did not offer up a bit more glam in a setting where everyone else was informal. The anti-Meghans would have had a field day. The second look is my favorite but her hair and jewelry in the third are wonderful.

• Guest September 26, 2019 at 9:08 am #

What you said, word for word. Also would like to point out the coordination of the cognac stripes of her first look with Harry’s cognac belt and shoes, nice.

• Dominos September 26, 2019 at 6:21 pm #

I loved that about the first look as well. Her jewellery is also always fantastic and enviable.

• Paola102 September 26, 2019 at 8:37 pm #

The second dress was beautiful in motion.

10. Guest September 25, 2019 at 10:28 pm #

Why did she wear a dress that is too small on her? The first dress looks like it is about to burst it seams. Just no. Her second dress is more flattering, but nothing to write home about it. Her last look I think it is her only good look from this tour so far. It flatters her body shape. Also, her updo is so much more flattering than her messy her. I would say this is the best outfit she has worn this whole year. Well, it is hard to go wrong with a black jumpsuit.

11. Guest September 25, 2019 at 10:26 pm #

I think she looks lovely. Archie is so freaking cute.

12. Guest September 25, 2019 at 9:57 pm #

The first dress looks like an oversized apron, so no.
    The second look is very pretty and charming.
    The second is simple but the fit is so much than 90% of her outfits since becoming royalty and the earrings jazz the look up.

13. Etude September 25, 2019 at 9:37 pm #

I like all the outfit choices. The first dress has a resemblance to the South African flag in its pattern which is really interesting. I love the softness of the dress, which resembles ocean waves to me that’s she’s wearing with cutie pie Archie and the black jumpsuit with those great earrings and shoes is very professional but comfortable too.

14. Guest September 25, 2019 at 9:26 pm #

Why why why? For the first outfit, it does nothing for her except make her hips look even wider. My eyes zeroed in on her hips and I’m thinking why would she wear something like this?

The second and the third outfit looks better – a lot more polished and fits better

• Guest September 25, 2019 at 9:32 pm #

Why is it a problem if she has relatively wider hips? How wide hips she should have? Should she hide her hips? If yes above what widthness?
      So many burning questions…

• Guest September 25, 2019 at 10:34 pm #

Heaven forbid a woman who just had a baby should have some hips.

• Guest September 25, 2019 at 11:04 pm #

Oh FFS, I don’t have a problem with her hips, it’s what she’s wearing that’s bothering me. It cuts her off in the wrong place. There are a lot of styles out there that’s more flattering on her lovely figure and I’ve seen it. Her clothing choices are not highlighting that. Of course you’re going to only read that part about what I said about her hips.

• Guest September 26, 2019 at 3:31 am #

Maybe you should refrain from making reference to women’s body parts and stick to the clothes. If you believe it’s unflattering cool but to point out a specific body part is tacky.

Anyway I think she looks beautiful and relaxed. Go Duchess!

• Guest September 26, 2019 at 10:45 am #

God forbid somebody says something bad about the duchess. She looks beautiful, but her clothes she wears are still not right for her. She could do better. But hey, she’s Meghan – and she could never do wrong. Take off your blinders.