Menu

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Roksanda & Martin Grant – Australia Tour Day 4

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Roksanda & Martin Grant - Australia Tour Day 4

So here we have it.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex finally flying the flag for British fashion wearing a dress from Roksanda’s Pre-Fall 2018 for her visit to the Macarthur Girls High School on Friday (October 19).

Yes, it’s navy, again, but at least this ‘Athena’ dress, with its sweet ’50s inspired silhouette, is in two shades of blue, which in this case feels ground-breaking.

Of all the navy dresses she has worn in recent times, this is my favourite.

Since the girls uniform was navy and light blue, I thought this was a nice touch and well thought out.

Roksanda Athena Pleated Two-Tone Dress
NET-A-PORTER and Harrods

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Roksanda & Martin Grant - Australia Tour Day 4

Earlier in the day, Meghan and Harry headed to South Bondi Beach in Sydney, Australia to talk to members of OneWave, an awareness group for mental health and wellbeing.

Giving us some serious holiday wardrobe inspo, she wore an olive and brown, striped maxi dress from Martin Grant. All this dress – with its bold graphic nature – needed, was a pair of Castañer Carina canvas wedge espadrilles.

If you are wondering why the sudden fascination with Martin Grant, the designer is originally from Melbourne, Australia, however, he now lives and designs in Paris, France.

Castañer Carina Canvas Wedge Espadrilles

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Rachel Weisz In Alexander McQueen - 'The Favourite' London Film Festival Premiere

Rachel Weisz In Alexander McQueen – ‘The Favourite’ London Film Festival Premiere

Katy Perry In Alexis Mabille Haute Couture - amfAR Los Angeles 2018

Katy Perry In Alexis Mabille Haute Couture – amfAR Los Angeles 2018

11 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Roksanda & Martin Grant – Australia Tour Day 4

1. TeaAtTwo October 19, 2018 at 10:38 pm #

I like both dresses. I don’t like espadrilles but i get why they were selected.

2. JHH October 19, 2018 at 4:36 pm #

These are two good looks — nothing amazing but good and sometimes good is all you need.

3. brat October 19, 2018 at 4:16 pm #

I love olive green and earth tones and I love a good maxi even more, but this color scheme is borderline hideous to me. The model wore it much better.

4. brat October 19, 2018 at 4:14 pm #

It’s another boring navy dress and nothing special but surprisingly this time, I think her styling elevates it. I love her hair like that.

5. meme October 19, 2018 at 2:37 pm #

I just love her style. She looks great in both dresses. Love the Bardot hair!

6. justme October 19, 2018 at 2:31 pm #

The Brigitte Bardot-esque hairstyle elevates the otherwise simple Roksanda dress. I agree that it’s lovely that she’s matching the girls uniforms.

I’m not a fan of olive green but she looked adorable at the beach.

7. Vizual Ninja October 19, 2018 at 1:26 pm #

The Martin Grant is such a different look for her which I like, wish it was hemmed a bit but overall looks good. The Roksanda is polished and it’s nice that she matched the girl uniforms; I hope people are now satisfied that she represented a British designer, I’m sure it won’t be her last.

8. CreoleLady October 19, 2018 at 12:35 pm #

The sleeveless fit and flare is a good silhouette for her. Nice that it echoes the girls’ school uniforms. My fave navy dress is the Roland Mouret she wore prior to the wedding. Want those espadrillles.

9. Lux October 19, 2018 at 12:33 pm #

Isn’t the Roksanda the same one Elizabeth Debicki wore promoting Peter Rabbit but in green?

10. Sarah October 19, 2018 at 12:10 pm #

I think the Martin Grant dress is my favourite of the tour so far. Olive is really a good colour on her (Prince Louis’ christening). The Roksanda look is a bit boring. I do like how she styled her hair, though.