Menu

September 24, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

After Gwendoline Christie amazed everyone with her Gucci ‘Jesus’ gown at the 2019 Emmy Awards, the actress opted for a more relaxed look at HBO’s Emmy Awards After Party (September 22).

The actress who is beloved for her role in ‘Game of Thrones’ – which had just won for best drama that night – was dressed ready to celebrate the accomplishment.

She transformed into a tailored power suit directly from the Dior Men Spring 2020 runway.

Giving us a proud pop of colour, her look was fitting for the good mood.

As much as I love the suit, the silky wrap scarf does not look quite right.

I would have preferred to see her without it. It looks awkward.

Although it translated well on the runway, on Gwendoline feels like her arm was in a sling, and she removed it just for this photo op.

As we know from David Beckham’s recent look, these Dior Men’s suits and Dior sneakers seem to be the required combo.

Did Gwendoline sell this look to you?

Dior Men Spring 2020

, , , , , ,

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2019 Emmy Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2019 Emmy Awards?

Zendaya Coleman Channels Elegance In Alexandre Vauthier Haute Couture At The HBO Emmy Awards After Party

12 Responses to Gwendoline Christie Celebrates Emmy Success In Dior Men At The HBO Emmy Awards After Party

1. Guest September 30, 2019 at 11:59 pm #

I’m not sure if I love this but I love that she took a huge risk!

2. Guest September 25, 2019 at 2:51 pm #

Not feeling this look much

3. KseniaBradner September 25, 2019 at 1:59 am #

Gwendoline and her stylist are AMAZING, particularly this year.

4. Jess Mara September 25, 2019 at 12:59 am #

Very cool look but I too have issues with the scarf? She looks so awkward with it – and what is she supposed to do once she’s finished posing for the cameras – tuck it in your pocket – rip it off so you can go dancing??
    I also would have loved to see her in the blue version inside of the pink.

5. Guest September 24, 2019 at 4:50 pm #

It looked good when Nicholas Hoult did it at the Oscars but here this sash looks randam as anything. The suit looks really good on her though and I prefer the sneakers being paired with it than when Beckham did.

6. Guest September 24, 2019 at 4:01 pm #

I love it…..but the question begs, what happens what the photo op is over? Do you just nonchalantly slung the silk over your shoulder or is there a more pragmatic way?

7. Guest September 24, 2019 at 3:46 pm #

BDOTW nominee

Out of all the female tuxedos and suits we’ve seen this year, I think this is the coolest.

8. Guest September 24, 2019 at 3:29 pm #

She does not sell this look to me. The whie looks like a bandage and just makes no sense. Maybe in a darker non-bandage color this could work. The fit of the jacket is doing her no favors. I do like the sneakers though but with jeans and a t-shirt.

9. Noor September 24, 2019 at 3:18 pm #

Remembering a similar Moschino suit which Ranveer Singh (Deepika Padukone’s husband) has worn to IIFA. He had it tailored better when comparing. Pink is a lovely colour for Gwendoline. But the loose style doesn’t have the feminine touch.

10. Catarina_M September 24, 2019 at 3:00 pm #

I’m just glad that´s not black and white or she could have been easily mistaken for an waiter.

11. Guest September 24, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

This is so cool! lLove the mix of colours.

12. _Hannah_ September 24, 2019 at 2:17 pm #

I think I’d prefer to see her in different colour. The runway look is pretty cool. She doesn’t sell it for me, unfortunately.