Menu

September 3, 2019 Premiere

Alessandra Mastronardi In Etro – ‘Martin Eden’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Alessandra Mastronardi attended the ‘Martin Eden’ premiere during the 2019 Venice Film Festival held at Sala Grande on Monday (September 2) in Italy.

As the god mother of the ceremony, I have been looking to her to set the standard.

But in all honesty, the only look that has really moved me was her Armani Prive gown from the opening ceremony.

What my issue with this Etro wrap dress embroidered with micro black and blue sequins and a deep V neckline?

The fit.

Just look how baggy it top half is, and that’s with shoulder pads.

I don’t get the black satin cummerbund, and the transition from blue to black is too abrupt.

The only thing that did work for me was the styling. Earrings, clutch and shoes were all on point.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , , ,

Timothée Chalamet In Haider Ackermann - ‘The King’ Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Timothée Chalamet In Haider Ackermann – ‘The King’ Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Bill Skarsgård Channels Connery’s Bond For The London Premiere Of 'IT Chapter Two'

Bill Skarsgård Channels Connery’s Bond For The London Premiere Of ‘IT Chapter Two’

8 Responses to Alessandra Mastronardi In Etro – ‘Martin Eden’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

1. Guest September 4, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

I guess I’m in minority, but I have to say that I adore this look. She is so pretty, and that color is breathtaking on her. I don’t know if the fit really is that poor, maybe it looks like that on pictures. For me this is a definite BDOTW contender.

2. Guest September 4, 2019 at 7:10 am #

Could have been a perfect look, but the fit of the top half ruins it…

3. Jess Mara September 4, 2019 at 4:14 am #

Such a shame about the fit because the styling is beautiful and the color looks great on her.

4. Phee phee September 4, 2019 at 4:02 am #

hmmm, that saggy top is rather unfortunate and impossible to bypass. sadly.
    I like the rest of the dress though, it had potential.
    But I LOVE her earrings and shoes. Gorgeous.

5. Guest September 4, 2019 at 1:43 am #

Agree that the fit is pretty bad. It’s a shame because this dress could have been a contender.

6. Guest September 3, 2019 at 8:33 pm #

Other than the Prive it’s been a disappointing run of red carpet looks with blah gowns such as this. Way below par of the year Rebecca Hall’s goosebump inducing Venice Jury service.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards September 3, 2019 at 11:09 pm #

Rebecca Hall is still the gold standard at this festival. The was an amazing run.

7. Guest September 3, 2019 at 8:03 pm #

It’s such a shame about the fit because the dress is quite original and the colours are beautiful on her. Great accessories.