Menu

September 3, 2019 Photocall, Premiere

The one person who I was very excited to see at Venice Film Festival was Timothée Chalamet, who joined Lily-Rose Depp for both the photocall and premiere of Netflix’s ‘The King’ on Monday (September 2).

In a very short space of time Timothée Chalamet is regarded as one of the best dressed actors in Hollywood, and upon looking at both of these Haider Ackermann outings, I would strongly agree.

‘The King’ Venice Film Festival Photocall:   The photocall look feels decidedly laid-back yet considered, and appropriate for the event.  The colour-blocking gave this a cool touch, while the Berluti boots ground the look.

‘The King’ Venice Film Festival Premiere:  The second look from the Spring 2020 collection was bold, fashion forward and gender fluid (thanks to silk the blouse).  I  can see this ranking highly in my BDMOTY, as much as I can see this look worn by Tilda Swinton, who is another devotee of Haider Ackermann.

So what’s my ever so slight issue?

The looks feel similar.

I wish he had opted for two different colours, but I do love that he’s not afraid to experiment with silhouettes, and texture.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , , ,

Diane Kruger's Metallic Fall Outing For The 'IT Chapter Two' London Premiere

Diane Kruger’s Metallic Fall Outing For The ‘IT Chapter Two’ London Premiere

Alessandra Mastronardi In Etro - 'Martin Eden' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Alessandra Mastronardi In Etro – ‘Martin Eden’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

25 Responses to Timothée Chalamet In Haider Ackermann – ‘The King’ Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

1. Guest September 5, 2019 at 12:39 am #

hate the way his pants are rolled — looks messy and thoughtless. other than that like the looks just fine although can’t imagine they rank anywhere close to my BDMOTY list

2. Phee phee September 4, 2019 at 4:06 am #

I like them both. I dont mind the color theme here.
    The first feels photocall appropriate. I like the pop of color.
    The second is fun, and intriguing. he looks so suave but its strikingly different than the usual suit looks.

3. Guest September 4, 2019 at 1:42 am #

I totally agree with James Mackay. I am not getting the adoration for the second look. It is a LOL costume and with the pose Timothée looks like he is playing the captain standing on deck staring dramatically into space in an over the top space comedy.

4. Jess Mara September 4, 2019 at 12:46 am #

The King of Mens Dressing!!
    Saw his premier look on another site and fell in love with it. I dont mind that he went for the same tonal pallet for both looks as he carries them both with such class and confidence. The premier look is so modern and swoon- worthy.

….

5. JasLinds September 4, 2019 at 12:39 am #

Absolutely love both looks, especially the Premier one – he is WORKING it. I can’t think of many (any?) other men that could pull off what he does.

6. Guest September 3, 2019 at 11:29 pm #

He’s the best dressed male actor for our time, hands down. Love everything he wears. Wish others would have as much fun with fashion as he does.

7. Guest September 3, 2019 at 10:37 pm #

Killer. The end.

8. lmkw September 3, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

LOVE the first look. I think the second would be better without the cummerbund. I love how fashion forward he always is and willing to take chances. Just delightful.

9. Guest September 3, 2019 at 7:53 pm #

Ugh I love him so much. Both of these are amazing and his confidence is so appealing! He’s the most stylish male celebrity right now IMO

10. Guest September 3, 2019 at 7:12 pm #

this is mastery. biggest sign … appearing to do the same thing (and being aware of that inevitable appearance), and making defining, unique statements anyway. #awe

11. Paola102 September 3, 2019 at 2:52 pm #

Such a commanding presence. He is so self-confident. I love the first look. Wouldn’t change a thing. I commend him on the second one, it’s avant-garde and experimental. But I would change the shirt.

12. Guest September 3, 2019 at 1:48 pm #

I don’t like the fabric much but I do like the premiere look because of the finally mixing it up cut wise from his usual slim fit and the blouse was an interesting alternative to a shirt. The photocall look works but I keep thinking of Chairman Mao when I look at it.

13. ? September 3, 2019 at 12:40 pm #

I really like both looks a lot! Especially the pop of the baby blue shirt underneath at the first look, is such a soft yet interesting detail.
    I would probably only change the top underneath the second suit, and make it maybe something from a more stiff fabric and on a different colour (maybe white?) for a little bit of contrast.
    Always a delight to see him on the red carpet.

anonymous as always

14. Guest September 3, 2019 at 12:18 pm #

He really is a beautiful man. Love the first look. The second one looks like a space suit

15. Dominos September 3, 2019 at 12:17 pm #

This is the year of men’s fashion which is entering a phase when its on par if not more exciting than women’s fashion. He looks sensational.

16. Guest September 3, 2019 at 12:14 pm #

Timothee Chalamet is my long time hunky crush, and this proves why he’s a male style icon in the making. Haider Ackermann is definitely doing him favors as he looks nothing short of spectacular and that badass SWAGGER is EVERYTHING!! Long live King Timothee, and may his glorious reign last for eternity!! I shall be his faithful servant bowing down in front of his majestic aura, SWOON baby SWOON!!

17. James Mackay September 3, 2019 at 12:13 pm #

I love the 1st look. The tailoring is amazing! Grey is a fantastic colour for porcelain skin. The second look is atrocious and comical in a Charlie Chaplin’s way.

18. Guest September 3, 2019 at 11:06 am #

Sorry but, NO. I don’t like any of these. I like his style but this is just bad. The color, the material, the creasing…

19. Sharon M September 3, 2019 at 10:47 am #

I absolutely love the first look. Not thrilled with the second, although I know others love it. I don’t like the rolled up cuffs, and the silk blouse is not my favorite. A black shirt without the drape and sheen would have been better, in my opinion. Would have provided some contrast as well.

20. _Hannah_ September 3, 2019 at 10:42 am #

WOW! He looks so modern, so sleek, so interesting. Love his style.

21. MissCoco September 3, 2019 at 10:40 am #

I think his confidence made the clothes look spectacular. I’m so here for modern tailoring! This is modern, bold, age appropriate and timeless at the same time.

• Theresa4 September 5, 2019 at 11:26 am #

Making extra $23 on..easyjob50.com

22. Guest September 3, 2019 at 10:37 am #

I can only look at him and swooning

23. CharlotteLG September 3, 2019 at 9:58 am #

I like both looks, minus the shoes, but not on him. I don’t think he has the stature to pull it off.

24. SarahS95 September 3, 2019 at 9:51 am #

The title of the film is very apt. Bow down to the King!

The trousers of the second look with the boots took me a minute to warm up to but each time I see a picture of it I like it even more!