Menu

July 15, 2019 Premiere

Beyonce Knowles Glows In Gold For ‘The Lion King’ London Premiere

Following the LA premiere with daughter Blue Ivy, Beyonce Knowles was in London for the premiere of ‘The Lion King’, which was held in Leicester Square on Sunday (July 14).

Glitz was the M.O. of the LA premiere, while glam was high on the cards for this royal occasion.

The singer stepped out in a gold gown featuring a very high leg slit which was custom-made by Cong Tri.

If I was to change two things it would be the keyhole detail by removing it entirely, and lessen the length of the slit, only because it leaves you thinking of Bey is wearing underwear.

Lorraine Schwartz earrings and diamonds rings completed her look.

This was an incredible moment for the up-and-coming designer, who is swiftly making a name for himself after already dressing the likes of Kate Bosworth, Gabrielle Union and Skai Jackson, to name a few.

It’s fair to say you strongly disliked Beyonce’s Alexander McQueen look, so how does this look fare?

Embed from Getty Images

Credit: Getty

, , , , , ,

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's Summer Glam For The 'Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw' LA Premiere

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s Summer Glam For The ‘Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw’ LA Premiere

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Wears Baby Blue To The Wimbledon Men's Final

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Wears Baby Blue To The Wimbledon Men’s Final

39 Responses to Beyonce Knowles Glows In Gold For ‘The Lion King’ London Premiere

1. Guest July 21, 2019 at 8:22 pm #

EVERYTHING is wrong with it: from over-the-top ‘look-at-me-I’m-black-and-richer-than-God-so-I’m-rubbing-it-in-your-face’ attitude all over again , through just a very bad dress to the fact that she has no figure for it, especially not the legs. Will she ever stop? This is pathetic. What is she trying to prove looking tackier and tackier every time? Yes, we know you are rich, so what? Do you know you need a stylist? Or is Kanye West dressing you too?

2. Guest July 21, 2019 at 1:22 am #

I love the color, she looked absolutely divine on TV. Stunning woman. But the slit is ridiculous, and the skirt doesn’t translate well. Too much fabric. Not her best .

3. Guest July 16, 2019 at 11:40 pm #

I agree with your comments above. The need for a big style for big occasions clouds how the actual design comes off. Something isn’t right maybe with the stylist but perhaps it is hard to argue with someone who has strong opinions themselves about how they want to present themselves.

4. Sharon M July 16, 2019 at 11:18 am #

I agree that the almost waist-high slit is terrible. Why does she think she has to wear such a revealing dress? She isn’t on stage here.

5. Guest July 16, 2019 at 10:16 am #

I find this dress tacky and unflattering, most of all in the chest area.
    The fabric reminds of something used for theatrical costumes.
    I don’t like anything about it.

6. Jess Mara July 16, 2019 at 5:48 am #

For some reason I dont find this flattering at all on Bey, and she’s such a stunning woman. I love the colour and the fabric but why the keyhole boobs and the too high slit??? COuld have been a winner but as it stands it goes into the tacky pile

• lelaid July 16, 2019 at 10:52 am #

Agreed. The cut on top makes her look boxy (which we all know she isn’t) and the color combined with her skin and lighter hair color is all kind of one note and washes her out.

7. Guest July 16, 2019 at 4:10 am #

Beyonce has the worst style. This dress is hideous and so inappropriate for the setting. That slit to the waist is vulgar.

8. Guest July 15, 2019 at 10:28 pm #

Very disappointed in this look. The slit is way too high it shows her most unflattering point on her hips and the whole cut makes her look way bigger than she is

9. Guest July 15, 2019 at 9:41 pm #

At first glance, I thought it was one of her mother’s designs.

It’s not good. The slit crosses the line into tacky town. The keyhole is the tacky icing on the cake. The fabric choice just seems too literal and the gown feels tacky and dated. As someone else mentioned, a waist high slit was not event appropriate. I’m just disappointed and sad that she missed yet another opportunity. Maybe a new stylist is needed.

10. Guest July 15, 2019 at 4:07 pm #

First of all, I want to know why someone like Beyoncé never works with a major designer for her RC appearance. It’s not about supporting a young designer because obviously, they are doing her wrong…
    She has access to the best, is very beautiful but she always make those weird choices.

At first I believed she would wear Burberry by Riccardo Tisci as they are friends…

It’s insane! On stage, the line-up is impressive: Versace, Tom Ford, Valentino Couture, Gucci…etc. And on te RC it’s a disaster.

• Guest July 15, 2019 at 8:24 pm #

She looks amazing on stage when touring, but her red carpet style is awful.

Heck, her side walk style is better!

• Guest July 21, 2019 at 1:25 am #

+100000. Her music videos and performances outfits are insane. Just straight up iconic. Her street style is fine but her red carpet looks are usually underwhelming or overcooked.

11. OGCaroline July 15, 2019 at 4:04 pm #

Cheap and trashy. Why would Beyoncé do this?

12. Guest July 15, 2019 at 3:51 pm #

This look would have worked well if that hip high slit wasn’t there and the fitting of the dress would have been a bit tighter. She looks gorgeous in the pictures where you can’t see the slit.

Beyonce continues to disappoint with her fashion choices.

13. P&P July 15, 2019 at 3:46 pm #

Horrible.

14. _Hannah_ July 15, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

Love the colour of the dress and Beyonce’s beauty look. The dress itself is… disappointing. And the slit is too long.

15. Guest July 15, 2019 at 3:15 pm #

Idk why but she consistently looks great off the red carpet in her street style/ night- out looks and always looks horrible on the red carpet

16. Phee phee July 15, 2019 at 2:59 pm #

uh. wow. I change my mind on most consistent worst style…..it belongs to Beyonce. She just slipped my mind there for sec.
    That slit adds to the unflattering look. The keyhole cheapens the look even further.
    Its a very tacky look. I wish she could change stylists or stop picking clothes out herself because someone has seriously poor taste.

17. Nat123 July 15, 2019 at 1:32 pm #

Sorry, I think this dress is tacky and does nothing to her.

18. James Mackay July 15, 2019 at 1:30 pm #

I am more shocked that she saluted a Prince and his wife wearing next to nothing. She might as well present herself like that to the Queen ??
    If it were the BET Awards or even the Grammy’s, I wouldn’t mind but this is too much for a movie Premiere imho.

19. Noor July 15, 2019 at 1:28 pm #

Her choosing of colour is brilliant. She looks radiant with makeup. Hair is not that bad. It’s just the dress. It is a mistake.

Also I don’t like the designer. I feel there’s something lack of the dresses I’ve seen so far.

20. Jones19 July 15, 2019 at 12:37 pm #

The keyhole makes her boob look lopsided, other than that this is an amazing look. Love the rich color of the gown.

21. Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:32 pm #

This is bad. So bad. First of all, it is a DISNEY premiere! Why such a revealing dress? Second, it just looks cheap and tacky. The colour is nice but that’s the only good thing I have to say about this.

22. Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:30 pm #

Tacky dress.

23. Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:28 pm #

Also – the fit – it makes her look bigger than she actually is.

24. Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:28 pm #

I really want to say ‘Glorious as a lion’s mane’ but i cant. Actually prefer the McQueen over this.
    Also, didnt she/her team know if was really a ‘royal occasion’ as in some level of HRHs would be there?

25. Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:28 pm #

The colour is gorgeous on her, but the dress itself looks tacky.
    I’m also not the biggest fan of this super straight hair, it looks dated.

26. Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:26 pm #

All the money in the world and still she can’t find the right style.
    I don’t know what to say really…she’s never been a fashion icon, but I still root for her every time. She always falls for these tacky looks, she must find the right stylist.

27. Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:22 pm #

I’m not crazy about the keyhole but made peace with it but that super high slit really cheapen the look and took it to Tina Knowles dated and tacky influence. The modifications you suggested really would have elevated this look. I was hoping to see the braids again too.

28. Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:21 pm #

1 word… Egregious

29. Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:10 pm #

Listen, I’m no prude, but this for me was a bit too much. Lessen the slit, and then we can talk. The colour is lovely. Not a fan of the hairstyle or length, and I really wish every so often Bey would let go of the “invisible fan blowing in the wind” hair, and do an elegant updo…

30. Vizual Ninja July 15, 2019 at 12:10 pm #

Disappointed with this, the fit is off and from the videos I saw she seemed so uncomfortable, she’s Beyonce why not wear something you look and feel great in?! I do like the darker locks and her beauty look, as others have said.

31. CharlotteLG July 15, 2019 at 12:06 pm #

I love this color of the dress and her beauty look but that’s it.
    The dress looks cheap and really tacky.
    It’s too bad because this color is really gorgeous on her.

32. Guest July 15, 2019 at 11:56 am #

That Kate Bosworth dress is in a league of its own.

This, well. You really get it’s the wearer that chooses the unflattering design aspects such as the bodice and the slit rather than the designers, when you see Beyoncé come out in these types of dresses time and again. Such a shame because the colour is fantastic.

Her Dundas pregnancy dress is the only Beyoncé outfit I can recall wholly loving.

• Phee phee July 16, 2019 at 4:32 am #

Kates dress was outstanding….this version is sad.

33. Guest July 15, 2019 at 11:44 am #

I dislike this outfit (hate the split, keyhole and the color) too though her beauty look (hair and makeup) are great. For a consolation prize, if I had to choose this one or the McQueen, I’ll pick this one.

• Guest July 15, 2019 at 11:47 am #

I came here to write the same thing. +1

34. Guest July 15, 2019 at 11:44 am #

Las Vegas residency announcement dress. Bad.