Menu

July 15, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Wears Baby Blue To The Wimbledon Men’s Final

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Wears Baby Blue To The Wimbledon Mens Final

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attended the Wimbledon Tennis Championship for the second day in a row on Sunday (July 13), this time with her husband, Prince William.

The royal patron of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club was called upon to hand out the trophies to Novak Djokovic and  Roger Federer.

She did so wearing a bespoke, baby blue Emilia Wickstead dress inspired from the Spring 2019 collection.

You may remember that Mandy Moore has also worn a version of this dress.

Of  the three versions – runway, Mandy Moore and Catherine – I have to say I prefer the Duchess’ cap sleeve version, with my least favourite being the long-sleeve runway dress.

This look, which was a perfect summers day dress, was styled with her patron brooch, pearl earrings and Aldo pumps that I wish didn’t have the ankle straps.

Embed from Getty Images
Emilia Wickstead Spring 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , ,

Beyonce Knowles Glows In Gold For 'The Lion King' London Premiere

Beyonce Knowles Glows In Gold For ‘The Lion King’ London Premiere

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Was Back In Black For Her First Post Baby Red Carpet Appearance For 'The Lion King' London Premiere

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Was Back In Black For Her First Post Baby Red Carpet Appearance For ‘The Lion King’ London Premiere

17 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Wears Baby Blue To The Wimbledon Men’s Final

1. Jess Mara July 16, 2019 at 5:46 am #

As good as the tennis was on Sunday night I couldn’t take my eyes of Catherine. She looked stunning!! She wears this with such confidence and I love the modifications of this dress – the cap sleeves are perfect for her.

2. Dominos July 15, 2019 at 5:36 pm #

I love the dress! I would have selected different shoes but still a win.

3. OGCaroline July 15, 2019 at 4:03 pm #

So pretty and serene.

4. Guest July 15, 2019 at 3:55 pm #

Those ankle straps are a crime.

5. _Hannah_ July 15, 2019 at 3:24 pm #

Much better fit than in the last green dress. She looks lovely and elegant.

6. Phee phee July 15, 2019 at 2:54 pm #

She looks nice. Prim and proper which seems to be her style.
    The fit is gorgeous.
    She definitely has the best dress version.

7. Noor July 15, 2019 at 1:48 pm #

Not nude pumps though, maybe something dark like wimbledon purple which is on her brooch. She always use similar colours because there’s no judging and they just suit. But it’s worth trying something new…

8. Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:30 pm #

Something has changed in her. Its not just a new stylist.
    Its posture, its confidence. She is poised to be Queen one day and we can all see now, why.

• Nat123 July 15, 2019 at 1:30 pm #

I agree. I think she looks more confident ever since PL was born.

9. Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:25 pm #

She looks lovely, as usual. She has a style and it suits her.

10. Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:18 pm #

Her version is my favourite too but I wish she had worn yellow pumps without ankle straps. The ankle straps are feel redundant here and I wish they were gone. Wickstead and Alessandra Rich are two labels/designers that she should wear more as they are within her wheelhouse but stylish and fashionable. I liked William’s semi-coordinating outfit too.

11. Vizual Ninja July 15, 2019 at 12:11 pm #

This is one of her stronger looks I feel, cute and suits her style but still modern, the alterations are perfect.

12. Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:04 pm #

These Royals – not a day of work and yet all fawn over them as if they are the best to happen. A former tennis great should have awarded the trophies not a rich idle housewife who has absoultely no contribution to make. She and her husband alike.

• Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:29 pm #

She’s the patron of Wimbledon. You’re probably American and you don’t care but the royal family have had a connection to Wimbledon since the early 1900’s. As patron, the Duchess also supports and brings attention to charities supported by Wimbledon.
      Nobody is asking you to fawn all over them but don’t judge those that do.

Catherine looks really lovey here. The colour of the dress looks great on her.

• Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:59 pm #

This is a fashion blog, not a “gripe about the person featured” blog. Unless you have something to say about what she’s wearing, please move on.

13. Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:03 pm #

She looked gorgeous. Elegant and appropriately understated.

14. Guest July 15, 2019 at 11:51 am #

I wish she would inject some personality into what she wears. So dull.