Menu

July 10, 2019 Premiere

Beyonce Knowles In Alexander McQueen - 'The Lion King' LA Premiere

As we all know, Beyonce Knowles doesn’t really do red carpets thee days, but for the world premiere of Disney’s ‘The Lion King,’ held at the Dolby theatre on Tuesday (July 9) in Hollywood, she was very much front and center.

This was probably the most anticipated look of the year.

I was expecting something African inspired, but perhaps that would’ve been to cliché.

Beyonce stunned wearing a bespoke crystal chandelier embroidered tuxedo dress with a dégradé crystal embroidered skirt by Alexander McQueen.

You’d think that was enough sparkle, right?

Not for Queen Bey, who added crystal jewelry, crystal embroidered pin heel sandals, and a crystal chandelier embroidered box clutch all from Alexander McQueen.

Was this OTT? Not in my book, and not for Beyonce.

This was a world premiere, of which plays a major part in.  This entire look was befitting of her Queen Bey status.

After all, haven’t we been wishing that Beyonce would do something new?

A mix of nude and white diamond Lorraine Schwartz signature rings, cornrows with some pin curls and slick edge control completed her look.

Embed from Getty Images

What was a super cute touch was Blue Ivy’s bespoke Alexander McQueen mini-me look.   What an adorable matchup.

After this, I’m very excited for Saturday’s London premiere, where Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex are expected to attend.

Embed from Getty Images

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , , ,

Wimbledon Style On Day 8 Of The Tennis Championships

Wimbledon Style On Day 8 Of The Tennis Championships

Yara Shahidi Rocks A Power Skirt Suit For 'The Lion King' World Premiere

Yara Shahidi Rocks A Power Skirt Suit For ‘The Lion King’ World Premiere

29 Responses to Beyonce Knowles Dazzles In A Crystal Chandelier Tuxedo Gown For ‘The Lion King’ World Premiere

1. Guest July 19, 2019 at 4:35 pm #

love her vibe, message, embracing and encouraging of owning power, regal-ness, and femininity that can be as strong and as dainty as it wants.
    You can do all those things and still not be fashion. She isn’t. Rarely is. And that’s ok. She’s her. And there’s space for everybody. It just looks clunky as hell sometimes.

2. Guest July 11, 2019 at 7:00 am #

disappointed but not surprised

3. Noor July 11, 2019 at 3:17 am #

I don’t know where to look.

I prefer slim sleeves other than those boxy type ones. Neckline is also disturbing with the heavy details. however as this is a jacket at least she had not to wear that skirt… or the huge jewelry

4. Guest July 11, 2019 at 2:26 am #

Catherine, it is very hard not to judge you for calling this mess good. Is it a marketing or influence thing? Or are you just too big a fan to call this what it is… a damn mess.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards July 13, 2019 at 8:04 pm #

Hi, that would be neither.

I try to be as objective as I can.

Like I said, this is elaborate, and what I expect from Beyonce.

This was never going to be a simple black dress.

They have been talking about this film for months. Her going OTT was expected.

And if you look back on a lot of my critiques, you will know that I’m not a fan.

Not of her style, and not really of her. I’m definitely not a card carrying member of the beehive.

I have no real feeling towards her at all, if I’m honest.

• Guest July 13, 2019 at 10:54 pm #

Thank you for the clarification. I admire beyonce’s musical endeavors and her work ethic, but the woman’s fashion and style choices are just not at that level. There are very few musical artists whose style and fashion choices I admire actually. I have generally found a lot of them to be lacking in that department. Relatively, actresses and actors tend to do better in the same.

Anyways, I sometimes forget that style and fashion like most other aspects of life are subjective. You have a right to your opinions and I should respect that.

5. Guest July 10, 2019 at 6:36 pm #

They both look horrendous.

6. Guest July 10, 2019 at 6:21 pm #

McQueen craftsmanship is amazing, but Beyonce looks waaaayyy too boxy in this.

She’s curvy and looks better in va-va-voom dresses….

7. Phee phee July 10, 2019 at 5:42 pm #

Can always count on her to have crap style.
    Well the jacket top was promising, completely ruined by the bottom half of ugliness.
    And she went so ott on her styling that it became a mess. Not liking this look at all.

8. Guest July 10, 2019 at 4:48 pm #

Way. Too. Much. Like always.

9. Guest July 10, 2019 at 4:15 pm #

Heavy, gaudy, unflattering, just an expensive hot mess. So very disappointed (insert really sad emoji)

10. Guest July 10, 2019 at 4:05 pm #

For me the is a WDOTY contender……terrible!

11. Guest July 10, 2019 at 3:56 pm #

McQueen jewelry as well, not Lorraine.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards July 10, 2019 at 5:16 pm #

she wore both.

McQueen Necklace and Earrings and Lorraine Schwartz Diamond Rings.

12. Guest July 10, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

This is the kind of I expect when like Bey or Rihanna appear on a red carpet. If she had done something subtle people would have complained about her not being over the top. It’s not my favorite look of hers but I definitely didn’t expect it, so I’m pleased.

13. Vizual Ninja July 10, 2019 at 1:33 pm #

I was expecting so much more from her. This is gaudy and unflattering, fingers crossed she improves on Sunday. Blue looks adorable.

14. Guest July 10, 2019 at 1:26 pm #

Blue is the real gem here. Cute.
    Beyoncé’s look could do with less pads, less jewelry.

15. Guest July 10, 2019 at 1:15 pm #

She gained some weight, she has no business wearing such a heavy boxy over embellished jacket cause it makes her look heavier.

16. Guest July 10, 2019 at 12:11 pm #

I love the hair!

With th a better fit the top could’ve been great but I’m over sheer skirts in most instances. Blue is adorable

17. Guest July 10, 2019 at 11:59 am #

The design is not very forgiving. She looks shorter than she is. A tall, slender model might have made this work, but on her it looks too boxy. She’s got already beautiful curves that you can emphasise, why cover them with fake structured ones?

18. Guest July 10, 2019 at 11:37 am #

I am really struggling to find one redeeming feature in amongst this hideous mess!

19. Guest July 10, 2019 at 11:17 am #

Blue Ivy’s hair is just adorable, from what I can see in this picture.

20. P&P July 10, 2019 at 11:15 am #

This is a bad interpretation of a 2016 Fall/Winter McQueen gown; same skirt and ‘concept’, but instead of the corset top they added a jacket.

It looks awful and weird and overworked.

21. Guest July 10, 2019 at 11:14 am #

I really dislike this so strongly. Everything about it is too much (jewelry, makeup, hair, crystals & sheer).

22. Guest July 10, 2019 at 11:04 am #

This is McQueen? It’s awful. Hate the sheer part and just overwrought. Blue Ivy looks adorable.

23. Guest July 10, 2019 at 10:48 am #

Who did this to her? This is absolutely awful… hair, make up, everything…

24. _Hannah_ July 10, 2019 at 10:43 am #

I can’t say I like it. She looks so boxy and heavy. I prefer Blue’s version.

25. Guest July 10, 2019 at 9:52 am #

I take your point about predictability but I still wish she’d worn the wearable art George Hobeika outfit or even that Phuong My over this outfit this premiere. This is ok, very her but looks very cluttered and top half heavy, the jewellery should have been stripped right back but I love the hairstyle.

26. CharlotteLG July 10, 2019 at 9:16 am #

I’m surprised this is McQueen, as I find the dress pretty dated.
    Maybe the vest with a black pants could have worked but here with her styling it’s too busy and looks dated and cheap.
    I much prefer Blue’s look!