Menu

April 8, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Nicole Kidman Was Laced With Attitude At The 2019 ACM Awards

Nicole Kidman In Christopher Kane - ACM Awards 2019

Nicole Kidman was on hand to see husband Keith Urban continues his reign as the king of country, as she took home the top award of the night, Entertainer of the Year, at the 2019 Academy Of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas on Sunday (April 7).

The Australia actress showcased Christopher Kane’s modern aesthetic of manipulating textures and silhouettes, creating strongly feminine looks; and this one was laced with plenty of attitude.

My opininn on this look changed several times I have to admit.

It wasn’t favourable at first glance, but once I drank in the balloon sleeves, the crystal embellishments and studded leather detailing, I loved that this was such an unexpected look for Nicole, which she pulls off with ease.

Did you love this slight change of pace from Nicole?

Christopher Kane Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Best Dressed Of The Week

Best Dressed Of The Week

Zoe Saldana Goes Back To Black For The 'Missing Link' New York Premiere

Zoe Saldana Goes Back To Black For The ‘Missing Link’ New York Premiere

22 Responses to Nicole Kidman Was Laced With Attitude At The 2019 ACM Awards

1. Guest April 9, 2019 at 5:05 am #

This dress grew on me especially after seeing it from a few different angles. It would have been a complete snooze without the sleeves.

2. Guest April 8, 2019 at 10:00 pm #

Honestly, she looks terrible.  Kudos to her for trying something new and she clearly seems to be having a great time.  But fashion-wise, the dress is a bad mish mash of too much stuff, the proportions make her look wide, the style makes her look frumpy and the thick ankle wraps cut her off and make her look stumpy.

3. Guest April 8, 2019 at 8:26 pm #

Not her best look, but I think she pulls it off. On television it looked great as it was photographed generally from the waist up. It looked sexy and hip. The sleeves look extra here, but on television they didn’t appear so voluminous. I don’t care for the shoes. I think the bows are too cutesy and prim for this dress, but overall I thought she looked great.

4. Guest April 8, 2019 at 7:15 pm #

May be my WDOTW

5. Guest April 8, 2019 at 6:14 pm #

I think she’s ROCKING this and I love it!

6. Phee phee April 8, 2019 at 5:11 pm #

Its an awful dress. Makes her look extra wide. Very unflattering. And the dress itself is quite ugly. The lace looks so cheesy.

• Guest April 9, 2019 at 3:26 am #

+1!!

7. NZ April 8, 2019 at 3:43 pm #

I like it the more I look at it. She pulls it off quite effortlessly.

P.S: love the new comments section

8. Guest April 8, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

I don’t love the sleeves. The rest of the dress is beautiful though.

9. Guest April 8, 2019 at 3:15 pm #

I like this neck down. I find the slick centre parting and dark eye makeup aging.

IMO all women over 50 should shelve the dark smoky eyes as it draws attention to wrinkles – or in Nicole’s case the suspiciously puffy absence of them. Sorry Nicole I generally adore you.

10. Guest April 8, 2019 at 3:01 pm #

I really dislike everything about this look except the shoes (they are cute)

11. Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:32 pm #

I really dislike this dress but it is perfect for the event and looks good on her. I would have chosen different (non-strap) shoes. Nicole’s beauty look is great.

• Guest April 8, 2019 at 2:34 pm #

I like the new comment system and the immediate posting. Very nice change.

• Guest April 8, 2019 at 3:34 pm #

Yes, very nice.

12. Tina K April 8, 2019 at 2:24 pm #

Great youthful dress but wrong styling. The shoes, the hair, necklace and eye makeup take it in a different direction. She needs a new stylist and also a new skin doctor, hell even add a trichologist to the mix. She’s a beautiful woman but her face looks a little too taunt and unnatural. Won’t mind a few wrinkles compared to this. My personal opinion.

13. TeaAtTwo April 8, 2019 at 2:11 pm #

I liked the dress more on her after a while. But still take off the necklace and shoes with no or thinner ankle straps.

14. Guest April 8, 2019 at 1:24 pm #

15. Jerusa April 8, 2019 at 1:16 pm #

I like it! Minus the necklace…

16. Karola April 8, 2019 at 1:15 pm #

I agree that she pulls off the look, but I still don’t like the dress. At all.

17. Guest April 8, 2019 at 1:11 pm #

18. Guest April 8, 2019 at 12:16 pm #

I like it! Minus the necklace…

19. Guest April 8, 2019 at 12:15 pm #

I agree that she pulls off the look, but I still don’t like the dress. At all.