Menu

11.02.19 Menswear

2019 Grammy Menswear Roundup

2019 Grammy Menswear Roundup

We cannot forget about the men at the 2019 Grammy Awards on Sunday night (February 10). Their outfits might not have been quite as dramatic as some of the ladies, but they still looked sharp.

Kane Brown: The country singer showed off Versace’s luxurious black and gold with Jimmy Choo shoes. The interplay of the golden buttons with patterned shirt has great impact.

Swae Lee: The Rae Sremmurd member showcased his mix-and-match personal style in M.X By Maxime Simoens with Giuseppe Zanotti shoes. This was the event to do it.

Mark Ronson: He successfully balanced retro spirit with modern swagger in a monochromatic offering. The contrasting shades around the neckline have a striking graphic effect.

2019 Grammy Menswear Roundup

Wilmer Valderrama: The actor looked suave in subtle pattern and Jimmy Choo shoes. No tie was needed.

Jon Batiste: The musician’s Coach Spring 2019 ensemble had a playful marching band spirit from the jacket, but it still exuded plenty of cool thanks to the structure and leather details.

Drake: The Best Rap Song winner picked up his award in a suave Tom Ford look. The coordinating dark roll neck with gold chain brought some retro finesse.

Shawn Mendes: The ‘In My Blood’ singer was clad in a super-slim suit by Paul Smith. Methinks the colour will be a hit, but the skinny trousers might divide people.

Miguel: The Grammy nominee’s royal purple trousers and silver-trimmed SSS World Corp custom Fall 2018 jacket showed the merits of breaking up a suit and trying unexpected colours. Giuseppe Zanotti shoes completed his look.

Credit: Getty

2019 Grammys Red Carpet Roundup

2019 Grammys Red Carpet Roundup

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Charlize Theron In Christian Dior - Cinema For Peace International Committee & Nominee Dinner

Charlize Theron In Christian Dior – Cinema For Peace International Committee & Nominee Dinner

12 Responses to 2019 Grammy Menswear Roundup

1. The original AB February 13, 2019 at 11:28 am #

Drake looks really good.

2. Jas February 12, 2019 at 1:49 am #

None of these really do it for me, to be honest.

3. Serena February 12, 2019 at 12:36 am #

Love Miguel’s look, my fav. I’m surprised at how much I really like the gold in Kane’s black shirt. And Drake – love the all black look.

4. boy February 11, 2019 at 10:33 pm #

I really dig Mark Ronson’s whole aesthetic, he pulls off retro inspired looks like this beautifully.

5. TeaAtTwo February 11, 2019 at 5:09 pm #

The top row are my picks here. I wish drake had lost the chain and picked an ivory roll neck.

6. Caroline February 11, 2019 at 3:40 pm #

Drake and Shawn.

7. Vizual Ninja February 11, 2019 at 3:39 pm #

Kane Brown is a country singer? goes to show you can’t judge a book by it’s cover. I like him, Drake and Shawn. Miguel should’ve switched his outfits from the pre-party.

• CreoleLady February 11, 2019 at 4:19 pm #

“Kane Brown is a country singer? goes to show you can’t judge a book by it’s cover.”

I do not understand this comment. Please explain. Is it because he isn’t wearing cowboy boots and a hat?

• Vizual Ninja February 11, 2019 at 5:01 pm #

Whether you want to acknowledge it or not he doesn’t look like your typical country star, which after researching him, he has acknowledged himself. Not a hidden fact that the country music genre overall lacks in diversity. With additions of Jimmie Allen, Mickey Guyton, now Kane, who is biracial, it’s a positive step in developing a progressive image in country music. My comment was intended to highlight that, sorry if you decided to take offence to it.

• CreoleLady February 11, 2019 at 6:48 pm #

I asked you to explain your comment. I gave you the courtesy of asking you to explain. I did not put words in your mouth. Do not tell me about what I “want to acknowledge” or suggest that I “decided to take offence to it”.

Your initial comment and your attempts to explain to me why I might have asked you about it, tell me a great deal about you and about Kane Brown’s difficulties with the “image in country music”.

• Vizual Ninja February 11, 2019 at 7:10 pm #

Alright, CreoleLady, have yourself a great day!

8. meme February 11, 2019 at 3:37 pm #

Kane, Drake and Miguel (but lose the flower thingy).