Menu

10.01.19

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Hatch Collection & Oscar de la Renta - Smart Works Visit

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex kick starts 2019 with Kensington Palace announcing that she has been given her first royal patronages since joining the royal family.

Along with assuming two of Queen Elizabeth’s royal patronages—the National Theatre, and at the Association of Commonwealth Universities—Meghan also becomes the royal patron of The Mayhew, animal welfare organization, and of Smart Works, which helps unemployed and vulnerable women back into the workplace.

Today (January 10), she visited Smart Works in London wearing a chic office inspo look.

I’m sure many of you will be rejoicing at the fact that the Duchess opted to wear maternity dress, especially after her ill-fitting Brock Collection dress on her last outing.

Her black Hatch Collection LBD as definitely suited the occasion, which she teamed with a beige Oscar de La Renta coat.

Showcasing her love for Victoria Beckham accessories once again with her top handle Vanity bag, the highlight of this look for me was her unexpected Gianvito Rossi cow-print and PVC pumps.

Oscar de la Renta Cotton-Twill Coat
Hatch Eliza Dress

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Amandla Stenberg In Miu Miu - 2nd Annual Los Angeles Online Film Critics Society Award Ceremony

Amandla Stenberg In Miu Miu – 2nd Annual Los Angeles Online Film Critics Society Award Ceremony

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Lupita Nyong'o Dazzles in Bold Electric Blue Beauty Look at 2019 Golden Globes

Lupita Nyong’o Dazzles in Bold Electric Blue Beauty Look at 2019 Golden Globes

36 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Hatch Collection & Oscar de la Renta – Smart Works Visit

1. kane January 13, 2019 at 12:05 am #

Not inspiring anything I am going to wear to the office on Monday…

2. Eva January 11, 2019 at 7:59 pm #

It’s a chic look. I’m always gonna wish for more colour from her but I get that it is not her style. I love the touch of whimsy from the pumps!
    I do personally feel the optics are not the best here. Meghan already has several other billowy, beige, very similar coats, worn only once, that I wish she would have reused here instead of wearing a brand new 3,000$ ODLR to a charity that… recycles clothes. Same goes for yet another new black designer purse. Just a missed opportunity on her team’s part IMO. I’m glad she wore an high-street dress, though!
    *I get that her body is changing but since she always wears her coats loose and unbuttoned, this one (https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2018/10/30/meghan-duchess-of-sussex-in-brandon-maxwell-burberry-pillars-charity-event/) or this one (https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2018/10/16/meghan-duchess-of-sussex-in-karen-gee-admiralty-house/the-duke-and-duchess-of-sussex-visit-australia-day-1-5/) come to mind.

• brat January 12, 2019 at 2:09 am #

+1 I thought the same. both those other coats are much nicer, this one resembles a tent. She’s preggers but she’s still tiny overall. Recycling one of those coats would have been right on theme.

3. MissC January 11, 2019 at 12:26 pm #

Comment removed

• Mimi January 11, 2019 at 1:16 pm #

Wow what an offensive comment. “Baby delivery system”?? Pretty sure no one thinks of themselves as that.

• Anne-Marie January 11, 2019 at 5:10 pm #

@MissC you’re not alone, I totally agree with you.

• MissC January 13, 2019 at 6:43 pm #

@Anne-Marie, @Nat123,
        Thank you for your comments. I think that you might be part of the few commenters that understood my point.
        I think that women are considerably more than just baby machines.
        And also many of Kate Middleton’s looks while pregnant have been exceptionally chic.
        Perhaps Meghan could take a style cue from her.
        These women are not just ordinary women, they are part of the Royal Family.

And to the other commenters who are of the opinion that my comments are sexists, 1960s ideas, that pregnant women to hide their bodies or whatever. I believe that you must have completely misunderstood my point.
        There is a world of difference between wearing a tent, staying at home until you have a baby and wearing clothing that is tighter (or more slim fitting) that accentuates pregnancy.

In fact if the dress had been a bit looser, I wouldn’t have commented at all. The black dress and the camel coat with the colorful shoes is a very chic look. Just not the fit of the dress.

• Laura January 13, 2019 at 9:57 pm #

I think we all understood what you meant perfectly and I for one stand by my comment. The world has evolved and stopped making women hide their bodies in shame when pregnant. If you’re not comfortable with that those are issues you should work on with your therapist. They also are regular women. They didn’t get super powers the second they married into a family people are obsessed with.

• SilentVisitor January 16, 2019 at 1:16 pm #

+1,000,000

It is amazing the way some consider those women…….as you said, they are normal people; they didn’t start growing unicorns on their head because of whom they marry

• Nat123 January 11, 2019 at 6:02 pm #

I agree with you. I think it is cringe worthy pretty much all her maternity clothes. Also, this outfit is very boring and she wore something similar in her Australian tour.

• CN January 11, 2019 at 6:10 pm #

The dress she’s wearing doesn’t look tight. It’s a silhouette that embraces her figure as it is today. That’s what her body looks like in a dress that fits properly. I find this comment totally inappropriate and rude, to be honest.

Personally, I thinks he looks chic here.

• Laura January 11, 2019 at 6:30 pm #

This is the mostly ridiculously sexist and old fashioned comment i’ve ever read. How did you get wifi in 1960’s nunnery you so clearly live in? That you don’t see that you’re just projecting your insecurities on to other people is just sad.

• laura January 11, 2019 at 6:33 pm #

• Lucy January 11, 2019 at 7:13 pm #

Ridiculously sexist and old fashioned comment indeed. Suddenly I feel like we’re back in the 60’s.

• JHH January 12, 2019 at 12:38 am #

• justme January 12, 2019 at 8:35 am #

Telling pregnant women to hide their bodies while pretending to care about their comfort is pathetic.

• Eni January 12, 2019 at 9:00 pm #

• Eva January 11, 2019 at 8:03 pm #

I don’t think she looks desperate or lacking in confidence in any way. I’m glad she finally switched to maternity wear, and this stretchy knit appears very comfy.

• SilentVisitor January 12, 2019 at 2:29 am #

My goodness, why don’t go to websites where you can find your ilk? if you are american, I am sure you can find trashy magazines; if you are from the UK, you can find there are even more to satisfy you; from any other part of the world, I am sure you can find equivalent……..

My gosh, the ignorance in this post is so astounding that I felt I lost a few brain cells reading your comment…….

• MissC January 13, 2019 at 6:44 pm #

@SilentVisitor
        I do not even understand your comment.
        Please see my response comment above.

• SilentVisitor January 16, 2019 at 1:14 pm #

I perfectly understood your comment! most people who replied to it, did; my response implied that it belongs in a trashy blog;

Laura above gave the perfect reply to the nonsense you wrote…..Thank you

4. Amy January 11, 2019 at 9:31 am #

She looks chic and ready to work. Love the shoes. Great touch

5. Jas January 11, 2019 at 3:11 am #

Love the coat – very chic. And perfectly accessorised. Well done!

6. MP January 11, 2019 at 1:16 am #

Think that’s an ODLR bag!

7. TeaAtTwo January 10, 2019 at 10:54 pm #

Says here for work but not boring. I’ve thought about how the Duchesses don’t wear much Victoria Beckham yet she attends their big occasions.

• VG January 11, 2019 at 1:43 am #

I’ve noticed this too and I wish they would. VB is the perfect brand for them, it’s modest and “safe” yet never boring and always chic!

Meghan looks good here, I like the shoes and coat.

8. CreoleLady January 10, 2019 at 10:27 pm #

Camel with black, classic and sharp. The accessories are on point, love love love the shoes. Well done.

• SilentVisitor January 12, 2019 at 2:30 am #

The shoes and coat make this outfit….. this is a great look for the occasion!

9. miszzel January 10, 2019 at 10:16 pm #

I’m so glad she chose those gorgeous shoes instead of the ones she always wears, they made that outfit, finally a good look from her!

10. brat January 10, 2019 at 9:29 pm #

I like black and camel. The print shoes are the highlight. While I would love to raid her coat closet, this one is too voluminous for me, i prefer a sleeker silhouette.

11. Fee January 10, 2019 at 9:00 pm #

She has really good coat game and the outfit is a standout for her. Glad to see her injecting a bit of fun into her style with the pumps too.

12. JHH January 10, 2019 at 8:43 pm #

I want that coat but it is already sold out in my size. The shoes and the coat make this outfit. I had the same thought as justme about the VB bag as a possibility for quieting the “why isn’t Meghan wearing British brands” question that comes up whenever the Duchess wears a non-British brand.

13. Fanny January 10, 2019 at 8:41 pm #

I think this is one of her best looks ever. I love the shoes and the coat.

14. justme January 10, 2019 at 8:30 pm #

Chic office inspo was spot on considering the purpose of the visit.

The highlights for me were the shoes and the earrings.

VB accessories bore me but if they can quiet the “why isn’t Meghan wearing British brands?” crew, I’ll tolerate them.

15. Anna P January 10, 2019 at 8:26 pm #

Wow, I love every bit of this. She glows when pregnant – the shoes and earrings are to die for (earrings ethically made apparently and shoes in her wardrobe from her Tig days).

The patronages are such a good fit for what she has experience in and passion for. The queen must have a lot of faith in her to hand her not one, but two of her personal patronages.

I stan this queen!