Menu

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Brock Collection - Brinsworth House Visit

As we countdown to Christmas, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex was spreading some festive cheer at the Brinsworth House nursing and care home on Tuesday (December 18), in Twickenham, London.

The royal was in high spirits and arrived to cheers and applause from waiting crowds dressed in a Brock Collection dress which mixes charming detail with a sweet floral print.

With the Duchess due in the spring, she was sporting a healthy, pregnancy glow, wrapped up with wool grey coat by Soia and Kyo.

Meghan’s style has always been very business-like, hence a lot of you seek office inspo from her style.

But on this occasion is was nice to see a more romantic side to her style.

Her go-to Aquazzura ‘Forever Marilyn’ pumps and a dusky pink clutch completed her look.

Brock Collection Odilia Floral-Print Panelled Midi Dress
MATCHESFASHION.COM and ModaOperandi.com

Now that I have seen additional images without the Soia and Kyo coat, I have to say my positive feeling towards this look has waned.

I don’t think I need to point out all the negatives, but methinks she should’ve kept to coat on to conceal them.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon Features 'Roma' Mexico City Premiere

‘Roma’ Mexico City Premiere

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon Features Saoirse Ronan In Malin Dalin - SiriusXM

Saoirse Ronan In Malin Dalin & Monse – SiriusXM & Late Night with Seth Meyers

56 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Brock Collection – Brinsworth House Visit – Updated

1. Alison January 12, 2019 at 12:09 am #

As with many of her clothes so far, this dress just doesn’t fit. The print is nice and the coat is great but let’s be honest – the dress is way too tight. It is not “form fitting” … it straight up does not fit her. It’s so stretched that it creases across her hips and her bodice is clearly squashed. And yes we all know she sits in a car but come on – this is just super wrinkled.

2. MW December 19, 2018 at 10:47 am #

I personally don’t like the pattern on the dress, I think it is old-fashioned or possibly even old cat lady curtain territory (I have the same issue with Keira’s recent outing in Vampire’s Wife). I think a shoe in another colour would be great to give it a little pop and offset all the grey and white tones.

3. CreoleLady December 19, 2018 at 10:10 am #

Love the coat, I want her entire coat collection. The dress, irony, a shapely floral with a pretty neckline which would be perfect for her. Just not right now.

• justme December 19, 2018 at 2:57 pm #

Exactly.
      She tried but this is not a maternity dress lol.

• Rose December 19, 2018 at 3:30 pm #

I 100% agree with you

Neck up — she looks absolutely stunning

Neck down — I only like the coat and the shoes; that dress is way too tight; How did she manage to squeeze into it?

Looks like she really wanted to wear this dress but obviously her body is growing at a much faster pace than she expects

• The original AB December 19, 2018 at 5:34 pm #

4. Brat December 19, 2018 at 2:32 am #

#NobodyCares what you all say you sick trolls! Bashing a pregnant woman as if all of you are perfect. So embarrassing. They are JUST clothes. She’s not wearing them for you and funny thing is you all wish she could appease you, but she’s not. Go tell her all of your stupid comments to her face. Shame on all of you!

• brat December 19, 2018 at 4:55 am #

Yikes you do sound completely unhinged.
      Time for another trip to the therapist. And stop using my name, imposter. There has only, and will ever only be, one brat on this site.

• brat December 19, 2018 at 5:04 am #

We make a very frequent habit of critiquing clothes on this website. We don’t care if the woman wearing them is royal or pregnant. I have no intention of changing, and I think it’s safe to say neither does the rest of this site’s readers or its owner.

I could be wrong but judging from your silly histrionics this is not the site for you LOL.

• Jess January 12, 2019 at 12:13 am #

Of course people are critiquing clothes on this website – it is a FASHION blog. We don’t care, nor should we care, whether the person is male, female, pregnant, not pregnant, royal, not royal. The point of this website is to talk about clothes, not the person.

• bee December 19, 2018 at 7:05 am #

Of course, there can’t be a post about Meghan without some crazy nonsense like this. It’s actually getting funny.

• VG December 19, 2018 at 8:33 am #

This is a fashion blog so to most people here these are not “just” clothes. I think I speak for most of us when I say that we love fashion and critiquing it is part of our love for it. Nobody is personally attacking the Duchess. I think she’s wonderful. But that doesn’t exempt her from being criticized for bad and I’ll fitting clothes.

I think it’s best you find another blog, one that shares your opinion of fashion being “just clothes”.

5. Eva December 19, 2018 at 1:29 am #

Not my favorite look. The less said about this dress, the better. I am also not a fan of these Aquazzura pumps she favors.
    But her coat is beautiful. What a collection, I covet them all! And I like the neat bun.

6. Fee December 18, 2018 at 9:09 pm #

The dress is cute, but she should have worn it a couple of months ago when it actually may have fit.

7. Jerusa Herrera December 18, 2018 at 9:01 pm #

When I was pregnant, if I wanted something I HAD TO HAVE IT, no one could make me change my mind, I guess this is one of those cases, she really wanted to wear that dress.

• Eva December 19, 2018 at 1:24 am #

Haha, that might be the kindest spin on this dress!

8. Hannah December 18, 2018 at 7:22 pm #

I have problems breathing looking at her in such a tight dress. How is she able to walk, sit and breath??
    From afar she looks really good, the coat looks so nice and cosy, I love it.

9. brat December 18, 2018 at 6:08 pm #

I like the idea of the dress but with strappy sandals and during summer or spring. It’s not for her, and was in dire need of tailoring. This look is better with the coat belted and closed.

I saw multiple pictures of the dress from different angles, it’s horribly wrinkled and bursting at the seams in the wrong places. She’s always struggled with a good fit and seems averse to tailoring but this one takes the cake. Coming on the heels of her impeccable night at the Fashion Awards I have whiplash.

The Daily Mail is a sensational tabloid, but they’re the only one carrying multiple angles of this dress minus the coat. This might be her worst outing yet, scroll through the pictures and I dare you to disagree. Ah well, up and down and around we go.

• Catherine Kallon December 18, 2018 at 6:22 pm #

thank you. I had not see the other images

• brat December 18, 2018 at 6:28 pm #

I saw them and said no way Catherine saw these lol.

• brat December 18, 2018 at 6:43 pm #

Catherine can you please do a post on Priyanka Chopra’s custom red Dior gown for her reception?

It fit like a dream and was absolutely stunning.

• Nat123 December 18, 2018 at 6:32 pm #

I agree with you Brat. I have no words for this look. It is on the top of her worst looks ever. The fitting is so ill and unflaterring.

• JHH December 18, 2018 at 7:08 pm #

I too agree with Brat. This is just bad. If things are too tight surely the Duchess can find something else to wear. The only excuse I can think of is that her body is changing much more quickly than she and her team anticipated — maybe, she is having twins.

10. Amy December 18, 2018 at 3:00 pm #

She looks cute

11. Mary December 18, 2018 at 2:58 pm #

Major coat envy *sigh*. Dear Santa 😉

12. J December 18, 2018 at 2:14 pm #

Looks uncomfortable and too tight. It looks like a better dress for spring or summer. There are cute maternity brands she could wear.

• J December 18, 2018 at 5:09 pm #

I saw pictures from the back and the dress is cutting into her. My boobs hurt looking at the chest area. She needs a new stylist. That would be cute for Ascot or Charles’s garden party, but not in December and not whilst 6 or so months pregnant.

13. A December 18, 2018 at 2:12 pm #

Did she manage to sit well, breathe well? The dress is so tightly wound on her.

• J December 18, 2018 at 5:10 pm #

Did you see the pictures from the back when she’s not wearing the coat? Ouchie!

• Catherine Kallon December 18, 2018 at 7:05 pm #

Yes… sigh. I have just seen them and added to the post.

Went from being good to one of her worst in 2018.

• meme December 18, 2018 at 5:11 pm #

I agree. I just saw some of the Getty images and she looked really bad in that dress. And it was not suitable for the occasion.

14. meme December 18, 2018 at 2:11 pm #

I like the outfit though the dress seems a bit summery for December.

15. Lashae December 18, 2018 at 12:47 pm #

She looks cute, I like it

• Eni December 18, 2018 at 1:05 pm #

16. miszzel December 18, 2018 at 12:45 pm #

That’s a shame the slaves are hidden, the dress would be perfect for spring or summer without a heavy coat. But overall this is a very nice look, maybe the accessories are too „office-like” for the romantic dress but I guess that’s just her style.

• miszzel December 18, 2018 at 12:54 pm #

Sleeves of course, not slaves lol

• miszzel December 18, 2018 at 6:47 pm #

Well okay, now I take back what I said – the coat was actually the one thing saving that look, the dress looks like a cheap pillowcase on her. Just awful.

17. Anne-Marie December 18, 2018 at 12:38 pm #

Can someone please buy her an iron as a Christmas gift? And some stockings would be great too!

• TeaAtTwo December 18, 2018 at 1:09 pm #

I ignored the creases due to possible fitting issues due to changes body-wise

• Anne-Marie December 18, 2018 at 1:18 pm #

I think she can afford a tailor that could make that dress fit her like a glove. But it’s the same story all over again with Meghan. Creases are her thing 😉

• TeaAtTwo December 18, 2018 at 6:40 pm #

After seeing the new images it does go past wearing a slightly tight fitting non maternity dress,

• AmyA December 18, 2018 at 5:53 pm #

It’s 2018 who still wears stockings and how would they make this look better?

• Anne-Marie December 18, 2018 at 8:51 pm #

Oh goodness, a lot of people are wearing them. Even Chiara Ferragni is the face of Calzedonia. Only Hollywood has this bizzare obsession with bare legs. There is nothing sexy about feeling cold and getting a bladder disease.
        Sorry to break it to you.

• AmyA December 18, 2018 at 10:20 pm #

Sorry but that’s not a Hollywood thing. I don’t know anyone under the age of 70 who wears pantyhose especially flesh coloured ones. They’re not suffering from bladder disease either lol.

• Karola December 19, 2018 at 8:56 am #

Bladder disease aside, nearly all the women I know, of all ages, wear stockings in winter. The ones who don’t like them, simply choose to wear trousers.

• Anne-Marie December 19, 2018 at 10:30 am #

@Karola well said! I’ve read that in some countries women wear stockings even during Summer, especially while working at office.

• AmyA December 19, 2018 at 2:22 pm #

That sounds like a cultural thing because in North America’s no one wears stockings especially not in summer and we definitely would equate it to pants. What would be the purpose? You still haven’t answered how wearing stocking with that outfit would have made any difference.

• Anne-Marie December 19, 2018 at 4:53 pm #

@AmyA Goodness, how silly of me to forget about one simple fact that North America equals the rest of the World!
                Again, terribly sorry to break it to you but people all around the World wear stockings, pantyhose or whatever we call them.
                And funny fact – Meghan has worn a pair today. You can Google it.

• AmyA December 19, 2018 at 7:00 pm #

Really Anne-Marie like where – Africa? South America, North America, the Arctic, Australia? Could it be that its just mostly in England and not really the rest of the world? You keep forgetting to answer my original question in your original post – why would she need to wear stockings or pantyhose or whatever you like to call them since you seem obsessed with them enough to comment that other people should be wearing them.

• Anne-Marie December 19, 2018 at 7:46 pm #

@AmyA let me answer your question with a question – why not wear them?

• Sandy December 19, 2018 at 9:35 pm #

I would just like to interject that people in North America absolutely do wear stockings. It’s a lot less common than it used to be, however. Also how does not wearing them cause bladder issues??

• Eva December 19, 2018 at 10:03 pm #

I also wanted to concur that this aversion to stockings might be an American thing rather than a North American one. 2018 or not, as a Canadian under the age of 70, I can very much attest that they are very common here. In the winter, going without them would just be seen as silly.

18. Vizual Ninja December 18, 2018 at 12:35 pm #

It’s a lovely and fresh look.
    The gray coat complements the dress well.

19. TeaAtTwo December 18, 2018 at 12:13 pm #

I really like this look.

• Caroline December 18, 2018 at 2:37 pm #

Me too

• Letizia December 19, 2018 at 2:36 am #

Right! Forget the haters. People on this site EXPECTING her to please them. Quite laughable. She doesn’t owe anyone anything. They need lives instead of sitting behind keyboards and spewing dumb things about a person’s clothes. The world is going to the dogs with this lot. The end.