Menu

December 7, 2018 Runway To Red Carpet

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature the Tessa Thompson In Marc Jacobs - 9th Annual Bombay Sapphire Artisan Series Finale

The 9th Annual Bombay Sapphire Artisan Series Finale was hosted by Tessa Thompson on Thursday (December 6) in Miami Beach, Florida, which was attended by Laura Harrier.

As you know I love the Marc Jacobs Spring 2019 collection, and I love Tessa’s style even more, but this organza ruffle top and shiny sequin dressy trousers combo didn’t deliver in the way I wanted to.

I’m going to blame the camera angle for the reason Tessa’s profile is unrecognisable here, and the fact that I think anyone would struggle under that many ruffles.

Malone Souliers ‘Maureen’ pumps in a golden yellow hue completed her look.

Malone Souliers ‘Maureen’ Mules

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature the Michelle Williams In Miu Miu - Forevermark Diamonds Females In Focus Photo Exhibition Event

Michelle Williams In Miu Miu – Forevermark Diamonds Females In Focus Photo Exhibition Event

Menswear End Of The Week Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear End Of The Week Red Carpet Roundup

13 Responses to Tessa Thompson In Marc Jacobs – 9th Annual Bombay Sapphire Artisan Series Finale

1. TeaAtTwo December 8, 2018 at 9:56 am #

I really like this on her. I see why people might call it clownish but I’m laughing with her not at her.

2. Lashae December 8, 2018 at 1:14 am #

Everything about this is terrible (though I like her makeup and weirdly like her hair)

3. JHH December 8, 2018 at 12:47 am #

Tessa looks like a Pierrot clown here. This is pretty darn bad. But, she must have some confidence to see this and want to wear it or this outfit must look way better in person than it photographs. Even though her last outing in Marc Jacobs is on my list of WDOTY for 2018, I’d like to see Zendaya give this outfit a shot. And if not Zendaya, then maybe Kendall.

• Lashae December 8, 2018 at 1:12 am #

Earlier this year Zendaya wore a Mark Jacobs outfit that is WDOTY nominee so I’m not sure Zendaya would’ve done any better than Tessa

• JHH December 8, 2018 at 2:45 am #

Yeah, that outfit is on my WDOTY as well but out of eternal hope for Marc Jacobs, I can’t believe that this is as bad as it is and if anything can save this outfit, it will be some height in the wearer. But I do see your point. This mess might be unsaveable.

• Lashae December 8, 2018 at 3:19 am #

“…out of eternal hope for Marc Jacobs, I can’t believe that this is as bad as it is and if anything can save this outfit, it will be some height in the wearer”

That I do agree with, that’s probably why it would only look good on the runway or an editorial (most likely since a model with height would be wearing it).

4. CreoleLady December 8, 2018 at 12:24 am #

Oh dear, a few too many ruffles. Interesting that she is sticking to chartreuse, lime, yellow colors, though.

5. brat December 7, 2018 at 11:29 pm #

Hideous beyond all reason

6. phee December 7, 2018 at 11:18 pm #

This is so so bad on so many levels. what was she thinking. She’s completely lost in this. it makes her look ultra wide. Very awful.

7. justme December 7, 2018 at 9:23 pm #

She’s like 5’3. This was never meant to be.

8. Ksenia December 7, 2018 at 9:16 pm #

I like this because it’s not boring. I wonder how it would look on someone taller.

9. meme December 7, 2018 at 9:09 pm #

clown clothes

10. Vizual Ninja December 7, 2018 at 8:35 pm #

Oh no Tessa, this is like Laura’ other MJ look from earlier this week but on crack.Not feeling it.