Menu

09.11.18

2018 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show After-Party

2018 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show After-Party

The 2018 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show took place in New York on Thursday (November 8), with a performance from Rita Ora.

Following the show was the after-party; where a host of models served up the expected sheer, mini and slashed dresses, but there were also a few surprises.

Candice Swanepoel: The model was looking not-so angelic in Khyeli Spring 2019 Couture. As sheer dresses go, I love the beaded detailing.

Liu Wen: The model never goes the sheer route, but she did on this occasion wearing a look from Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini’s Spring 2019 collection.

Toni Garrn: This golden girl managed to leave something to the imagination in her draped chain metal dress styled with Giuseppe Zanotti sandals.

Gigi Hadid: The model was looking like cat-woman in this Atelier Versace’s custom made off-the-shoulder, light gold, skin-tight jumpsuit. The look was styled with Christian Louboutin ‘Degrastrass’ pumps.

Josephine Skriver: This soft purple semi sheer Zuhair Murad’s Fall 2017 Couture gown looked like it was  showered with crystals. A Kallati diamond ring completed he look.

Bella Hadid: I wasn’t surprised to see Bella in Julien Macdonald Spring 2019. The look was styled with metallic silver Christian Louboutin ‘So Kate’ pumps.

2018 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show After-Party

Behati Prinsloo: This Alexander Wang Spring 2019 look was a little all over the place for me. Nothing makes sense or works together.

Frida Aasen: All I keep thinking is, how did she get this Versace Fall 2013 dress on?

Barbara Palvin: This John Paul Ataker Fall 2018 gown was one of the more sophisticated looks of the night. I just wish her Rupert Sanderson pumps were more inspiring.

2018 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show After-Party

Iesha Hodges: These trousers will haunt me for the rest of the weekend, and potentially the rest of my life. How does one even walk in these?

Duckie Thot: The model could stop traffic, literally, in her day-glow Off-White Spring 2019 dress and Nike leggings, styled with Alison Lou jewels and Giuseppe Zanotti pumps.

2018 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show After-Party

Sara Sampaio: Who needs a disco-ball, when you have Sara’s silver mirrored strapless mini dress from Ralph & Russo’s Spring 2019 collection styled with Christian Louboutin silver sandals.

Cindy Bruna: The model doesn’t usually go the sheer route. I just wish this was lined, or she opted for panties closer to her skin tone. Nubian Skin do a whole range of them.

Winnie Harlow: There was no doubt that Winnie was ready to party in this Dundas Spring 2019 beaded romper styled with Giuseppe Zanotti ‘Harmony’ sandals.

2018 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show After-Party

Taylor Hill: This lady in red was ravishing in Ralph Lauren Fall 2017.

Shanina Shaik: We have yet another sheer frock, this time from Ralph & Russo’s Fall 2017 Couture collection.

2018 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show After-Party

Georgia Fowler: The model put on a leggy display in this semi-sheer gown.

Lais Ribeiro: Lais was the one person I was looking out for on this red carpet, but I have to say I am underwhelmed by this Zuhair Murad Fall 2018 offering.

Cheyenne Carty: This was one of the few playful moments on this red carpet, which saw Cheyenne wearing a lilac pleated Alice McCall Resort 2019 mini.

2018 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show After-Party

Nadine Leopold: There is something about this Zuhair Murad Fall 2018 dress that reminds me of old curtains.

Grace Bol: The model seems to have a love for pastel hues. On this occasion she opted for pink Stella McCartney which had plenty of swishing potential. Matching Giuseppe Zanotti sandals completed her look.

Jasmine Tookes: I’m definitely a fan of this pleated mini.

2018 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show After-Party

Aiden Curtiss: The model opted not to keep a low profile in this colour two-piece.

Stella Maxwell: Smoldering hot, the model donned an Ester Abner Fall 2018 black strapless ruffle mini dress with a sheer black maxi skirt styled with Christian Louboutin ‘ Nouba’ sandals.

Elsa Hosk: The blonde beauty closes our coverage of the Victoria Secret’s Fashion Show in a beaded Alessandra Rich Fall 2018 LBD.

Credit: Getty

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Dion Lee - bareMinerals Power Of Good Wellness Retreat

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Dion Lee – bareMinerals Power Of Good Wellness Retreat

Zoe Saldana In Erdem - Eva Longoria Foundation Dinner Gala

Zoe Saldana In Erdem – Eva Longoria Foundation Dinner Gala

29 Responses to 2018 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show After-Party

1. Alèxia November 12, 2018 at 12:00 pm #

We need more Bàrbara Palvins in a world full of Bella Hadids.

• Catherine Kallon November 12, 2018 at 12:05 pm #

agreed

2. Caroline November 11, 2018 at 2:51 pm #

Barbara, Sara and Georgia. The rest are a complete mess.

3. Isabela November 10, 2018 at 4:49 pm #

I only liked Josephine Skriver and the yellow looks amazing on Duckie Thot.
    Rows 7 and 8 are ok

4. mimmi90 November 10, 2018 at 2:18 pm #

“These trousers will haunt me for the rest of the weekend, and potentially the rest of my life. these?”
    ahahahahahah I’m dead XD

5. Noemi November 10, 2018 at 12:13 pm #

So many beautiful women that always go for the barely there, costumey, tacky dresses.
    I only like Toni Garrn and Bella Hadid. Almost anything is left to imagination but I like their looks.

6. Amy November 10, 2018 at 4:56 am #

Barbara looks nice, so does Sara.
    Candice looks fine but I feel like I have seen her wear this dress one too many times.
    The white suit could have been a win if the pants were hemmed. Too bad.

7. AndyGER November 9, 2018 at 10:59 pm #

I think Frida Aasen is wearing a Versace Fall 2013 dress

• Catherine Kallon November 9, 2018 at 11:09 pm #

I think you might be right. thanks

8. Sassqueen November 9, 2018 at 9:17 pm #

They all look bad ….fake tan and tacky sheer dresses…ewewrwrw….none look models but real housewives of some cheap show……

9. jui ho November 9, 2018 at 8:00 pm #

“Jasmine Tookes: I’m definitely a fan of this pleated mini.”…… I like the pun ….Fan…Pleated ….Genius

10. The original AB November 9, 2018 at 7:37 pm #

When clothes probably cost a fortune but they sure don’t look like they did. Barbara Palvin is the only one that looks decent.

11. Estranged November 9, 2018 at 7:34 pm #

I think this officially exhausts this year’s (and next year’s, probably) sheerness quota. Also, can we really call what Elsa is wearing “a dress”??

12. YoungTimGunn November 9, 2018 at 7:12 pm #

The net effect is mid-80’s Frederick’s of Hollywood.

13. Saudin November 9, 2018 at 6:40 pm #

You’re all hating on these outfits, when in fact you can all only dream of looking half as good as these women….

• James November 9, 2018 at 8:17 pm #

Most of them look hungry even if they have food in their fridge and being half naked doesn’t mean you look great. Just saying…
      I Am definately jealous of Naomi Campbell though lol. She has a fantastic HEALTHY and TONED body and actually eats a meal or two from time to time :-p

• phee November 9, 2018 at 11:13 pm #

look. I can truly only dream of looking like a model with a hot model body.
      But IF I did look like these girls…….I would wear the classiest, most amazing fashion, sexy but chic and tasteful…..that would be my preference.
      These looks are cheap ho fashion. sadly. and they always seem to wear the same cheap looking stuff over n over.

anyways. its the fashion im hating on. not them. They have fantastic bodies and faces. just crap sense of fashion.

• Karola November 10, 2018 at 12:54 am #

You just said it: we hate the oufits, not the women. Of course, they are beautiful and no one is trying to deny that, but the clothes (and this is a fashion site, after all) are pretty bad. Please, do not try to turn this into an example of female jealousy. Criticism does not equal envy.

• Amy November 10, 2018 at 4:22 am #

With all due respect this type of comment doesn’t belong to this website. You should try somewhere else.
      This website constantly showcases dozens of ridiculously good looking women and men. That has never stop people from giving their honest opinion. The truth: these are gorgeous ladies in terrible garments, and dubious tans for some. It happens, get over it.
      If you disagree, say so politely. Don’t attack others for their opinion. Find better argument than the stereotypical jealousy bs.

• Paula November 10, 2018 at 5:00 pm #

14. Karola November 9, 2018 at 6:32 pm #

I´m speechless…and not in a good way.

15. Vizual Ninja November 9, 2018 at 6:22 pm #

LOL looking at Iesha’ pants, I’m sure Lupita’ pants doesn’t seem that bad from earlier this week, that’s just too ridiculous. Never understand why most models fashion sense is so disappointing but there are some decent ones. Georgia’ row, esp Cheyenne, isn’t bad to me. Barbara is my favourite here. I like that colour on Duckie, just not the outfit and shout-out to Grace, I don’t like the dress but I like that she took a different approach than most others.

• phee November 9, 2018 at 11:18 pm #

I agree with Leshas pants comment….they are the worst Ive ever seen!! Lupitas looks wonderful in comparison.
      I just cant understand how she walked around in those.

• TeaAtTwo November 10, 2018 at 5:02 pm #

My thing about those pants is – she’s a model, probably 5’9 or taller- who were those pants meant to fit?

16. meme November 9, 2018 at 5:49 pm #

The ultimate in tacky tacky dressing. Barbara Palvin is the only decently dressed one in this bunch. Bella might as well walk around naked and Gigi’s catsuit is terrible. It’s amazing how cheap expensive clothes can look. Enough of the sheer already. I’ve enough underwear for a couple of lifetimes.

• Ksenia November 9, 2018 at 8:50 pm #

+1 Meme.

I will start my signature RCFA screed by briefly mentioning that there is a discussion to be had about the feminism or lack thereof of the messages the Victoria’s Secret corporation send to women and girls, but um, these tacky desperate looks (aka looks that reek of internalized misogynistic beauty standards, even if the models feel empowered) and gross tanning are doing the arguing for me.

I appreciate Dickie going a different direction, but the neon is overplayed here and therefore tacky.

Even though Grace Bol over-nuded it with her accessories, her look is the only one with any actual style.

All of these looks remind me of Taylor Swift’s Grammys 2016 look, which was swaths of fabric that existed to merely say I AM SKINNY.

• TinaL November 9, 2018 at 10:34 pm #

I know it was a lingerie show after party, and they were dressing for the event, but this is beyond dreadful.

It’s sad, when they have the look, the height and the body shape to look good in simple dresses, all we can see is tacky and sheer ugly outfits.

17. sham November 9, 2018 at 5:42 pm #

kind of disappointing, I only like duckie and taylor.

18. TeaAtTwo November 9, 2018 at 5:36 pm #

Wow, what a bunch of tacky and boring looks, it’s all so bad. At a push I’ll give a pass to Taylor’s outfit. Gigi’s outfit is awful, what is it with celebkid models and skintight catsuits? they always look awful.