Menu

03.10.18 Menswear

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Spring 2019

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Spring 2019

At the Louis Vuitton Spring 2019 show on Tuesday (October 2) during Paris Fashion Week, there were almost too many LV lovelies to count — and a few good men, too.

Cate Blanchett: The hero piece of Cate’s look was clearly the statement jacket that was a glitzy constellation of embellishment — and signature LV logo-lined cuffs — to jazz up the sophistication of the moody-dark ensemble.

Alicia Vikander: As per usual, the actress effortlessly customized an LV look to her chic standards; this one bringing in boho flair with its mix of patterns, autumnal hues, and the floral tapestry coat about her shoulders. Some would say the cross-body purse was a bit big, but she made it fit right in.

Thandie Newton: The allure of this lacy dress was balanced with the tailored jacket on top. And, can we just talk about Thandie’s gorgeous hair.

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Spring 2019

Léa Seydoux: We’d expect Léa to be at the epitome of Parisian chic, and she was with this tailored jacket and trousers — taken to the next level with the jewels, tie belt, and bucket bag.

Laura Harrier: Full of pure sass, this delicate-meets-daring look offered up a mix of sweet and sexy vibes, all served up with an edge — thanks to the over-the-knee boots.

Nina Dobrev: The pristine-white quality of this dress was elevated by the intriguing, sculptural detail, all toughened up with the box handbag and sock booties.

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Spring 2019 3

Catherine Deneuve: Catherine added some LV splash to her classic black ensemble with a bold scarf.

Isabelle Huppert: I love how Isabelle is giving us so much vivacious attitude here with the metallic pants and statement shades. It’s just another representation of her ageless style.

Adèle Exarchopoulos: The legs had it in this design that balanced the micro-mini length of the skirt with the bold shouldered, big sleeve top. The striking geometric shoes ensured that the look was appreciated from top to toe.

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Spring 2019 3

Amandla Stenberg: Men’s tailoring fused with leather edginess in Amandla’s latest look.

Shu Qi: Integrating some of the same elements of menswear seen in Amandla’s pinstripe dress, this cozy knit design took on an experimental spirit. Yet I love how Shu made all of those random layers and oversized cuffs seem so effortless — with the red lip an exclamation point to the look.

Shailene Woodley: I have a feeling the funky sneakers will be the element that raises the most eyebrows with Shailene’s sweater dress. Yet, you have to give it to her for working what many would call ‘fugly’ shoes as best as could be imagined.

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Spring 2019 3

Luke Evans: I’m not sure if the shiny varsity jacket or the super-tight jeans (or the mustache) took top billing here.

Sophie Turner: I love the power proportions of Sophie’s statuesque look, between the embellished top, shimmery ruched skirt, and over-the-knee platform boots. The bucket bag was a perfect complement to finish it off.

Joe Jonas: The sneakers added a hip, urban finish to Joe’s gray suit.

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Spring 2019 3

Rila Fukushima: This mish-mash of patterns and ruffles will likely seem familiar, as we’ve seen similar LV looks rendered in similar fashion. Given that there was so much going on with the dress, I might have erred on the side of a simpler ankle boot or heel.

Justin Theroux: Layers never looked better than in this fine take on black with the luxe-smooth bomber jacket adding so much dimension to the sweater and skinny pants.

Shay Mitchell
: I love how Shay made the piece-y elements of this vest-scarf-sash look seem like the ultimate cool-girl ensemble. The edgy booties helped, too.

Credit: Courtesy of Louis Vuitton

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

15% off at NET-A-PORTER

15% off at NET-A-PORTER

28 Responses to Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Spring 2019

1. Cat October 6, 2018 at 5:15 am #

Oh, I am so glad to know that I’m not the only one who finds the LV line ugly, meaningless, incomprehensible. Now the question is: how does Ghesquiere draw them in like flies to honey?

2. jennysl October 4, 2018 at 2:13 pm #

Joe and Sophie look like they’re at a tarts and vicars party. Again idk why the male celebs with the most basic wardrobes are the ones attending these fashion shows and women’s fashion shows on top of that. Although in this case I guess it’s obvious – Nicolas Ghesquiere & Justin Theroux & Luke Evans…;)

• Amanda F October 5, 2018 at 8:42 am #

……Tarts and Vicars party – omg! So funny (and true)

3. The original AB October 4, 2018 at 12:49 pm #

I only like the way Justin Theroux looks.

• jennysl October 4, 2018 at 2:08 pm #

He looks like he always does a dbag. Why is he wearing two jackets at once? The outer one looks good even if it’s in the same colour he always wears. It should have been just that jacket with a different shirt.

4. Rachel W. October 4, 2018 at 4:03 am #

I can be totally wrong, but I think Shailene dumped her stylist after her disastrous Met Gala look and moved on to Rebecca Corbin-Murray. It has been doing wonders for her.

• Chris October 4, 2018 at 4:56 pm #

She definitely changed stylists, but I think it’s more because Ilaria Urbinati dumped (almost?) all of her female clients and is now completely focusing on the men. At least all the former Ilaria girls – Nina Dobrev, Anya Taylor Joy, Jenny Slate.. and Shailene, obviously – are not working with her anymore.
      And I know Shailene worked with Rebecca for like one event, but I don’t think that’s who she is working with now since Deauville.
      If anyone has any information on that…

5. QueenBee October 4, 2018 at 12:26 am #

LV once again makes everyone who wears the label look like a fashion victim. Yet again I am perplexed that people here love Alicia Vikander’s look so much. She looks absolutely tragic! Those prints are hideously ugly!

6. tweed October 3, 2018 at 5:18 pm #

Lea, Thandie, and Rila look the most effortless. The rest are terrible. Cate sometimes wears edgy outfits and defaults to black pumps – total headscratchers.

7. brat October 3, 2018 at 4:44 pm #

Lea, Adele and Alicia are my favorites, even though the bag is overkill. Thandie’s sandals are everything.

8. Vera October 3, 2018 at 4:41 pm #

Alicia is breathing life into her look like a proper editorial model lol.

9. Fanny October 3, 2018 at 3:53 pm #

My favourites are Alicia and Shu Qi.

10. meme October 3, 2018 at 3:15 pm #

Alicia and Thandie are pulling off their looks. The rest is a fashion victim mess.

Can Luke Evans walk in those way too tight pants?

11. Hailey October 3, 2018 at 2:27 pm #

Sophie is my favorite!!! Love the dress and love her as an LV ambassador, she’s the only one that I love her LV looks 90% of the time.

12. Chris October 3, 2018 at 1:26 pm #

I love most of these. Alicia looks amazing! She’s rocking that so well! Once again proof of why she’s just the best LV ambassador.
    I also love Laura Harrier(!), Adele and Amandla here.
    Sophie Turner surprisingly pulls off that look as well, including the boots. Pretty cool.

13. Fiona-Brasil October 3, 2018 at 11:16 am #

My favorites are Luke, Isabelle Huppert, Alicia and Thandie but they all look fine by me.

14. Demi October 3, 2018 at 11:11 am #

Alicia is superb. I really like Sophie’s outfit. Lea looks chic. On the other hand, Nina looks so sad, but I would too if someone made me wear that dress. It’s a pity.

15. Catarina October 3, 2018 at 10:39 am #

It looks like everybody took several pieces of pile of LV clothes, blindfolded, put them on, and went to the show…

16. Camilla October 3, 2018 at 10:13 am #

Everyone looks like a bit of a victim –

– That bag didn’t need to be piled on Alicia
    – Léa’s individual pieces just don’t belong to the same outfit and none of them are lustworthy
    – Laura’s outfit is just cheap-looking
    – Nina Dobrev’s make-up is so ghostly which is a shame, as her dress is pretty nice
    – Catherine Deneuve and Isabelle Huppert’s outfits also come from the nonsensical styling family that Léa’s, again no lustworthy item among them
    – Adèle’s skirt just gives me anxiety
    – then the following rows are just ‘okay, these are better but I refuse to craft complimentary things to say for the sake of it’ finishing with Shay Mitchell, for whom this outfit isn’t too ‘overcomposed’ and is a refreshing change of pace for her style.

17. Cris October 3, 2018 at 8:45 am #

Wow…first time I like Alicia in an LV outfit and I can’t believe I say this…

• James October 3, 2018 at 9:35 am #

Me too.

18. Alina October 3, 2018 at 6:56 am #

LV, keep your hands off Thandie!

19. TeaAtTwo October 3, 2018 at 5:36 am #

This reminded me about missing Fan Bingbing on the scene. I feel Luke and Joe should have switched outfits, so Justin out if guys. Thandie and Lea out of the women but overall I get costumey try hard from most LV clothes these days rather than interesting fashion.

• Lucas October 3, 2018 at 7:38 am #

I miss Fan Bingbing also. She’s been in hiding for Chinese tax evasion and fines totaling 130 million dollars. Hopefully things are resolved soon. I miss her red carpet appearances.

• JHH October 3, 2018 at 6:29 pm #

Things were resolved yesterday per the news so Fan Bingbing should be back soon, I hope. She is one of my favorites on the RC. If she was keeping a super low profile pending resolution of the tax issue who could blame her for doing that. Some news sources had suggested that perhaps she had been detained pending resolution of the tax matter but I hope that was not the case.

20. Vizual Ninja October 3, 2018 at 4:19 am #

Agreed, Vera! So much going on but I like most, esp Thandie, Lea, Adele and Amandla. Those back to the future go-go boots are a bit much though, and brought down the looks for those who wore them.

21. JHH October 3, 2018 at 4:18 am #

Alicia and Thandie (as per) look good. Isabelle’s look is my favorite one here. She looks super cool. Justin also looks great. I cannot stand the over the knee boots shown here and they ruin all four outfits though to be fair Rila’s would be a mess even without the boots.

22. Vera October 3, 2018 at 4:00 am #

Surprisingly I enjoy most of these looks, especially Alicia Vikander, Léa Seydoux and Sophie Turner