Menu

19.07.18

2018 ESPYS

There were many more red carpet looks to be had at the 2018 ESPYS on Wednesday (July 18) in Los Angeles, California, joining the likes of Alison Brie, Ciara and Eiza Gonzalez.

Sloane Stephens: If you thought designers had run out of ways to reinvent the blazer, look no further than Solane’s flame-red Alexander McQueen piece, which looks like it has a built in waistcoat. While the shoes were a bit of a mismatch for me, I do love the overall ease at how the tennis ace presented this uber cool look.

Ibtihaj Muhammad: The Olympic fencer looked breath-taking in a floral Jovani gown. The train, flowers, and that smile make this such a charming look.

Allison Janney: The Oscar-winner went the matchy route in a silver Jeffrey Dodd dress styled with a Jimmy Choo ‘Carmen’ clutch and Stuart Weitzman sandals.

Alex Morgan: Sheerness aside, I didn’t like the colour of Alex’s Maria Lucia Hohan dress styled with Schutz shoes.

Chloe Kim: Oozing sexy, simple sophistication the snowboarder donned a Dolce and Gabbana off-the-shoulder gown styled with rose-gold Casadei sandals and David Yurman jewels

Olivia Holt: The actress opted to have fun in this punchy, playful Redemption Spring 2018 strapless mini styled with simple Giuseppe Zanotti pumps.

Lolo Jones: The bobsledder goes glam in Jovani, proving that you can’t go wrong with a sexy black gown.

Jennifer Garner: Keeping things simple in Lanvin. I miss the days when Lanvin used to blow me away.

Credit: Getty

Ciara In Maticevski - 2018 ESPYS

Ciara In Maticevski – 2018 ESPYS

Lily James In Hellessy - The Today Show

Lily James In Hellessy – The Today Show

11 Responses to 2018 ESPYS

1. Amanda F July 21, 2018 at 5:28 am #

I feel like Sloan’s jacket would have been better with full length pants. Then again it could be the fact that the shoes are just so wrong. I think Jennifer looks amazing and that dress shows off her gorgeous toned arms! Allison Janney is gorgeous as usual.

2. Caroline July 20, 2018 at 2:43 pm #

Sloane and Ibtihaj look great.

3. The original AB July 20, 2018 at 11:03 am #

I didn’t recognise Lolo Jones! I would have liked her dress if the slit was a little lower. Chloe Kim looks very cute and elegant. Love Sloane Stephens suit but the shoes are wrong with it.

4. brat July 20, 2018 at 3:58 am #

Ibtihaj looks as wide as a house and terrible, that hijab only brings it down farther. It doesn’t work with the gown, not even a little bit. She looks like somebody’s high school teacher chaperoning a school dance.

Sloane is the only look that interests me.

5. moonbeam July 20, 2018 at 12:15 am #

I LOVE Sloane’s look. Lolo and Olivia’s looks are good but their styling and shoes could be better.

6. Phee July 19, 2018 at 9:33 pm #

Allison looks, by far and away, the best put together, of this bunch….
    Sloane is alright but don’t like the shoes with it…
    the rest are no to big NO

7. JHH July 19, 2018 at 8:12 pm #

The first three looks are terrific. Allison is underrated and underappreciated IMO on the red carpet. I love Sloane’s blazer and Ibtihaj entire look. The rest are boring (Chloe and Jennifer) to awful (Alex and Lolo).

8. Aubrey July 19, 2018 at 8:02 pm #

Oh no Jessica … spray tan gone wrong!!

9. alvarospain July 19, 2018 at 7:37 pm #

Allison Janney stunning.

10. TeaAtTwo July 19, 2018 at 6:48 pm #

Sloane and Ibtihaj are the only ones that interest me here with Sloane my favourite.

11. meme July 19, 2018 at 5:47 pm #

Sloane and Ibtihaj both look really good. Love the jacket on that red suit.

Once again, Allison Janney is perfection. Alex Morgan is the total opposite in the ugly dress.

Chloe looks nice. Olivia’s dress is silly.

Lolo’s dress is a no and Jennifer looks odd in that photo.