Menu

February 1, 2018 Runway To Red Carpet

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden again accompanied the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on Day 2, Tuesday (January 31) of their visit to Sweden, continuing to pay homage to her country by wearing Swedish labels.

Karolinska Institute Visit: Offering an intriguing colour combination, she wore a salmon-pink Acne coat over her light-teal Rodebjer trouser suit. A Stella McCartney chain-embellished clutch completed the conservative look with something of an edgier finish—and the only non-Swedish element.

Inside: The trouser suit from Rodebjer was fully glimpsed once she was inside. The colour was beautiful on her, with the frill of the blouse providing a feminine counterpoint to the tailoring.

Fotografiska Gallery: The Stella clutch was one thing. But, Crown Princess Victoria’s edgier side fully came out to play in this Swedish designer look, featuring Stylein Fall 2018 separates paired with Rebecca Björnsdotter ankle boots. I like how she merged two runway looks to make this ensemble her own—in quite sassy fashion.

Credit: Getty

The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Visit To Sweden – Day 2

The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Visit To Sweden – Day 2

Who Wore Elisabetta Franchi Better? Regina Hall or Chloe Bennett?

Who Wore Elisabetta Franchi Better? Regina Hall or Chloe Bennett?

10 Responses to Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden In Rodebjer, Acne & Stylein – The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Visit To Sweden

1. kane February 3, 2018 at 10:36 pm #

Oh-uh, I think I had only seen a picture of the suit with her squatting down to her kids’ level and then it looked like a rather smart take on 70s fashion (think “Free Fire” or even her mum). Decidedly less excited about that belt. The coat saves it a little. And the final picture makes me laugh, it’s so dated late 90s early 00s. But as mentioned below while these aren’t too my taste, just as Kate’s choices, while Kate clearly isn’t into fashion and goes down the “classic/what’s expected of her/just don’t want to cause offence” route, Victoria’s choices tell me that she clearly likes playing around with clothes, even though I don’t always agree with what she comes up with (the ever same, ever so severe hair do especially).

2. LeeAnn February 1, 2018 at 1:27 pm #

These looks are so sad . She clearly has no interest in fashion nor does she understand how to dress for her figure

• kane February 3, 2018 at 10:31 pm #

I don’t think I quite agree. I am not sure what would evidence that she is into fashion or not but her choices, these and others seem to me that she actually does have quite an interest in fashion. May not be my interest, or rather taste, but the styles and colours especially do say to me that she’s clearly putting thought into what she wears (again often I don’t agree with it, as in this case, but I get the sense that she has her fun with fashion).

3. Giada February 1, 2018 at 11:07 am #

I really like the coat from the first look and the colour combination is gorgeous. The suit however is dated, poorly fitted and I dislike the frilly blouse.

I love the top from the second look. The skirt looks cheap and is too informal for this event. Love the boots, but again, not in combination with this look.

4. Maria F. February 1, 2018 at 10:19 am #

I like the first look a lot.

The second look is just okay for me. I would have not chosen ankle boots (stumpify her) and probably a different skirt. But kudos for choosing a modern, sexy look.

5. Elena February 1, 2018 at 7:22 am #

I like the 3 looks. She looks fresh and elegant

6. EmmaWoodhouse February 1, 2018 at 2:20 am #

I like the coat?? The suit is kind of dated and the third look is not good.

• Alina February 1, 2018 at 7:18 am #

7. JHH February 1, 2018 at 1:43 am #

The only thing worth saving from these three looks is the coat in the first one.

• JHH February 1, 2018 at 1:44 am #

And maybe the red blouse.