Menu

August 30, 2017 Premiere

Matt and Luciana Damon brought some his and hers glamour to the ‘Downsizing’ Venice Film Festival premiere this evening (August 30).

Matt Damon: The actor joined his co-stars Hong and Kristen opting for a classic, no-fuss black, shawl collar Versace tuxedo. I only wish the trousers hasn’t been so long.

Luciana Damon: Oozing movie star glamour, Luciana looked stunning wearing an Atelier Versace Fall 2017 gown. I’m drinking everything in from the radiant red hue, to the elegant bronze and rose gold beading, to the flowy sheer skirt. This might just be the best she’s ever looked, styling her gown with a Versace heels and clutch.

Credit: Getty

Hong Chau In Salvatore Ferragamo & Elie Saab - ‘Downsizing’ Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Hong Chau In Salvatore Ferragamo & Elie Saab – ‘Downsizing’ Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

‘Downsizing’ Venice Film Festival Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

‘Downsizing’ Venice Film Festival Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

16 Responses to Matt and Luciana Damon In Versace and Atelier Versace – ‘Downsizing’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

1. meme August 31, 2017 at 9:56 pm #

In other pictures, this dress is much sheerer. sheer madness must end.

2. ayatlaw August 31, 2017 at 8:03 pm #

Is it me or does she look like a different person? I didn’t know who she was at first.
    I think they look great but agree his trousers should be shorter and her dress should be less see through. I do not wish to see her panties…it’s not even leotard style.

• meme August 31, 2017 at 9:56 pm #

I think she had some work done.

3. Maria F. August 31, 2017 at 12:02 pm #

i also agree. She gets extra points for her great hair!

4. Christine August 31, 2017 at 10:39 am #

Luciana look goooood! Her best look. I don’t mind the cleavage and a little sheer here

5. JHH August 31, 2017 at 6:38 am #

I love the color and the whole lady in red look of the outfit. The bodice just looks uncomfortable and too open to me and I am not in love with the bronze beads. I find the pattern a bit odd. I wish we had more pictures of this look but oh well. Overall the dress is a win because the color is gorgeous on her and the “flowiness” of the skirt is beautiful. Matt looks okay but hem those trousers, please.

6. Susie August 31, 2017 at 3:10 am #

Luciana looks amazing – I agree with FC that this is her best look that I can recall. Love the fit of the bodice and the chainmail details. TBH I didn’t really notice that the skirt was a little sheer until people pointed it out.

7. Marie August 31, 2017 at 12:12 am #

Agree his trousers and about the gown being see-through. Sure, these things are mostly nit-picks, but they drive me crazy because they seem so avoidable. It should be no problem to line the gown and shorten the trousers, especially as those are such common ‘mistakes’ that it’d be among the first things I’d check, so why don’t people do it?
    I’d also like to add that I’m not a fan of the bodice. Nothing against a woman not afraid to show what she has, but it looks so uncomfortably unstable, like a fashion mishap waiting to happen.

But nit-picks aside, they do look amazing and make the most handsome couple here.

8. Nadine Hughey August 30, 2017 at 11:18 pm #

Love her hair shorter, she looks great HT2.

9. Fiona-Brasil August 30, 2017 at 11:17 pm #

Overall they both look great!Yes, his trousers could be shorter and we would prefer no underwear in sight but absolute perfection is relative perfection…

• Alina August 31, 2017 at 6:24 am #

10. Angela Melanie Rego August 30, 2017 at 10:12 pm #

Like someone said, would’ve liked Luciana’s dress a lot more if it wasn’t see through. Since it isn’t meant to be skin baring sheer, it just seems like a mishap. Still looks gorgeous though ?

On a side note, so far, this event is such a refreshing change from the dull, tacky VMAs.

11. Chris August 30, 2017 at 9:41 pm #

I would’ve preferred her gown with a little less cleavage, maybe? But you can’t really go wrong with some custom Atelier Versace, I definitely like it.

12. vicky August 30, 2017 at 9:36 pm #

One thumb up for them each. His trousers are too long and seeing her underwear prevents me from giving two thumbs up.

• Meme August 30, 2017 at 9:50 pm #

Agreed. I’m sick of seeing women’s underwear.

• Pheephee August 30, 2017 at 10:36 pm #