Menu

June 2, 2015 Runway To Red Carpet

Julianna Margulies In Michael Kors – 2015 CFDA Fashion Awards

Julianna Margulies In Michael Kors - 2015 CFDA Fashion Awards copy

Julianna Margulies attended the 2015 CFDA Fashion Awards at Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center on Monday (June 1) in New York City, with designer Womenswear Designer of the Year nominee Michael Kors.

I have always been a fan of Julianna’s style, even though she consistently favours black, but I can’t get on board with this shimmery, semi-transparent keyhole gown.

The style is quite boring and the underwear reveal – which I’m sure wasn’t intentional – continues to take this look down a disappointing route.

A very rare miss all round.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nina Dobrev In Lela Rose - 2015 CFDA Fashion Awards

Nina Dobrev In Lela Rose – 2015 CFDA Fashion Awards

Kim Kardashian In Proenza Schouler - 2015 CFDA Fashion Awards

Kim Kardashian In Proenza Schouler – 2015 CFDA Fashion Awards

21 Responses to Julianna Margulies In Michael Kors – 2015 CFDA Fashion Awards

1. gabis June 3, 2015 at 9:04 pm #

The sheerness doesn’t bother me. It’s the type of underwear she’s chosen. Sheer dresses only work for me with high-wasted panties. Had she opted for that this would’ve been a winning look in my book because all elements are great: styling, hair and makeup, dress, shoes.

2. misty June 3, 2015 at 12:18 am #

Enough with the granny panty comments, those go up to your waist and these are clearly hiphuggers. Like bisbee said not everyone enjoys wearing thongs.

This makes her look bad though because at the emmys she was critizing other actresses for not dressing classy enough and now here she is looking trashy and desperate like j lo.

3. bfly June 3, 2015 at 12:16 am #

Sorry, but I think she looks beautiful. And still sorry, but sheer is not going anywhere, so might as well get used to it.

4. Guest June 2, 2015 at 7:24 pm #

I have never seen her looking so bad and the only reason behind it is that you can see her panties through the dress. Age and ‘in public’ inappropriate.

5. Sandy June 2, 2015 at 4:09 pm #

WDOTY!!!

6. Jacqueline June 2, 2015 at 3:19 pm #

She looks washed out, tired with a lot of try-hard going on.
    Part of me wonders if her underwear flash is an attempt at changing the channel on the bad publicity for her TV show.

7. Phoenix June 2, 2015 at 2:46 pm #

Not a fan of this. The panty-show thing is really not for her.

8. Christine June 2, 2015 at 1:27 pm #

Her style has been going downhill for awhile now.

This is so awful

9. Meme June 2, 2015 at 12:33 pm #

That granny panty reveal was intentional. Stop with the sheer. Ugly dress and she should know better. So should Mr. Kors.

10. Carolyn June 2, 2015 at 11:52 am #

i like that she stayed true to the runway styling and allowed the dress to be sheer. It’s the cfda’ sand she probably had to wear it as Michael Kors showed it. a nude slip would have brought the look down. this feels sexy and very studio 54.

• Meme June 2, 2015 at 1:13 pm #

I don’t see such obvious undies on the model. Kors should know better since in one of the early Project Runway seasons he was appalled that a model’s breasts were showing on one of the designer’s final runway show.

11. Fiona-Brasil June 2, 2015 at 11:31 am #

No, big no!

12. KR June 2, 2015 at 10:46 am #

I’m not sure if the visible panties are a choice or not, but regardless, I have to say that I am so over the visible panties, well visible underwear in general really, trend. I was over it when it started. I don’t think I’ve seen one look where I really thought it “worked”.
    If it’s a choice from her/her stylist then it’s a bad choice and if it’s an accident then that really sucks, but I guess that’s one of the saving graces of a style like that, because there’s no way of really knowing.

13. J June 2, 2015 at 10:43 am #

I love it but it could probably do without the granny panties.

• bisbee June 2, 2015 at 3:07 pm #

I could do without the underwear, but since when are these granny panties? Not all of us wear thongs!

14. Peony June 2, 2015 at 10:19 am #

What on earth is happening here? Her stylist needs to be fired.

• Yeliz June 3, 2015 at 3:48 pm #

Exactly.

15. Alina June 2, 2015 at 10:13 am #

OMG. Who did this to her?

16. kane June 2, 2015 at 9:17 am #

Excuse me, Julianna?!

17. Charlotte June 2, 2015 at 8:49 am #

Oh no…
    This is her worst look for sure.

I don’t get why people think we want to see their underwear ?!!

• pinksugar June 2, 2015 at 6:09 pm #

I agree. Not only do we not need to see their underwear, do they have no idea how unflattering this looks on their bodies? I always wonder who told them this actually looks good before allowing them to walk a carpet.