Menu

March 6, 2015

Balmain Fall 2015 Show & After Dinner Party

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Balmain Front Row

Balmain presented their Fall 2015 collection during Paris Fashion Week on Thursday (March 5).

Kim Kardashian: Not quite content with the attention she currently receives, the reality TV star used this occasion to showcase a new platinum-blonde hairdo (which I’m certain is a wig) while wearing an all-black look from the Pre-Fall 2015 collection.

Jared Leto: It seems like Jared had the same idea as he also used this show to showcase not only his blonde hair but also his shorter style. His front-row look was a tad confusing with its part-military, part-schoolboy, part-snow-bunny mash-up. What used to be quirky has started to become comical.

Emily Ratajkowski: Going for style over theatrics, the ‘Gone Girl’ actress wore a heavily beaded ivory and black frock from the Resort 2015 collection, which was sexy without being revealing. It looks like she’s finally found a happy medium.

Balmain Dinner

Following the show there was the after-dinner, with guests also decked out in Balmain.

Kendall Jenner: The model looked super-fierce in her velvet Balmain ruffled frock with sexy sandals.

Gigi Hadid: Her electric-blue Spring 2015 jumpsuit really caught my eye. Like Kendall, this was one of the stand-out looks of the day.

Alessandra Ambrosio: The Brazilian model’s look was very typical, leaving little to the imagination. I have to say I don’t entirely hate it – black hot pants would’ve improved it slightly – but I feel like I am reaching to say something positive about this look.

Balmain Dinner 2

Jourdan Dunn and Karlie Kloss: The supermodel besties added some much-needed class to proceedings, proving that you don’t have to wear super-revealing looks to get attention or to be sexy.

Kim Kardashian: What can I say other than what a hot mess? From the new hair to the ill-thought-out Pre-Fall 2015 dress, she really needs to fire Kanye as her stylist. When I look at this I actually find myself missing her pre-Kanye style.

Credit: Getty & FameFlynet

Solange Knowles' Paris Fashion Week Style

Solange Knowles’ Paris Fashion Week Style

Frugal Friday

Frugal Friday

39 Responses to Balmain Fall 2015 Show & After Dinner Party

1. Claire March 17, 2015 at 3:47 am #

LOVE Emily’s dress, but not with those shoes. Everyone else is meh for me.

2. jayt March 7, 2015 at 2:07 pm #

I don’t think Balmain is tacky, infact Balmain is my favorite fashion house since 2008 until now. I love how Christophe and Olivier really brings out an empowering woman fashion style. But I think KIM and KANYE REALLY RUINING the image of the brand.

3. TeaAtTwo March 7, 2015 at 12:45 pm #

Balmain is just a mess season after season. I wasn’t fond of Decarnin’s designs either. Kim and Alessandria look particularly bad. Jourdan is only one that looks fine. The others look ‘been there done that’.

4. B March 7, 2015 at 2:49 am #

Kim’s one talent is making designer clothes look like knockoffs. The mesh dress she wore the other day had her entire nipples on show whenever her jacket moved, last year her skirt was so short that her hand was covering her bits the whole time she was sitting down. No class at all.

Her hair is nothing but an attention seeking idea from Kanye.

5. Kimma March 6, 2015 at 9:10 pm #

Emily should take note how Kendall’s longer, asymmetric hemline works with the booties. The bluntness of her mini doesn’t flatter with them – and we all know she has a killer figure.

Jourdan is my favourite here.

6. pinksugar March 6, 2015 at 7:56 pm #

Kim looks as disgusting as she behaves. Instead of a fashion show she should be seeing a therapist for all of the mental disorders she surely has. The hair is hideous and her face has gone total fem-bot. Just awful all around. I love the dress Emily chose but for me, Balmain looks better on a curvier figure so she isn’t really selling it. I also am not a fan of the shoes or hair. I still enjoy Balmain’s designs, I think Olivier is very talented but his obsession with the Kardashian/Jenners has gone way too far in my book.

7. justme March 6, 2015 at 5:43 pm #

I’ve always found Jared’s style comical so I’m pleased that you’re joining me on that side of the room, FC lol.

I love Emily’s dress but not with those sandals.

Gigi is a really beautiful girl.

Kimberly Noel West… GURL!

8. Christina March 6, 2015 at 5:12 pm #

Call me “krazy” but Kim’s hair has actually grown in me since when I first saw it. Don’t get me wrong, totally prefer her dark hair but the blonde really isn’t as bad as people are reacting. I also do not think it’s a wig because of the Instagram picture she posted saying she did in fact dye it.

• Christina March 6, 2015 at 5:13 pm #

on me*

9. amy March 6, 2015 at 4:58 pm #

the good: Karlie, Jourdan
    the bad : Kim, Jared,Alessandra
    the nice: Kendall, Gigi, Emily

10. Pedro March 6, 2015 at 4:43 pm #

“I actually find myself missing her pre-Kanye style.”

Kim used to dress WAY BETTER!

Anyway, I love Kendall and Gigi’s looks!

11. pipsqueak March 6, 2015 at 4:39 pm #

I agree with one comment that Balmain is officially tacky – a pure celebrity game, from those seated at the front row to those walking down the runway. I used to love the brand – even though there were lots of legs and sequins, there was also a sense of romanticism and rock n roll sensibility. No more. It’s now more Miami than Paris.

• Noemi March 6, 2015 at 9:13 pm #

I agree with you. Balmain was great when the designer was Decarnin. Of course it had nothing to do with the real Balmain style but it was beautiful.

12. Britta March 6, 2015 at 4:13 pm #

Kendall has fast become one of My favorites. Such a beautiful stylish Girl!
    I don’t understand why you feature Kim K on this page – when all you do is bully her….
    Karlie is beautiful – so is Emily.

• Carla March 6, 2015 at 7:17 pm #

FC is critiquing Kim Kardashian; that hardly qualifies as bullying and such a statement trivializes actual bullying. The blond hair is far too harsh, it’s true. She is beautiful, and has worn some wonderful outfits, but her misses are so egregious they cancel out her hits. It’s a shame.

13. lydia March 6, 2015 at 3:53 pm #

I’m pretty sure Jared’s hairs like that for a role. He;s the joker next so I bet soon it will be green its just bleached for a couple of days thats what they generally have to do.

14. Nat39 March 6, 2015 at 3:53 pm #

Gigi’s eye-caching jumpsuit really pops at you and I like Jordan.

Leto’s ‘style’ has been a comical mess all along imo. people simply get used to someone’s image to the point when they start defining it as a person’s signature quirky style.

• dee March 6, 2015 at 3:57 pm #

I agree. I never liked Jared’s style.

• justme March 6, 2015 at 5:39 pm #

+10000 on Jared’s style

• meme March 6, 2015 at 5:53 pm #

Leto always looks ridiculous and you can tell he takes himself very seriously.

15. Yeliz March 6, 2015 at 3:24 pm #

Jourdan and Emily look fine but all in all this is a bad dressed bunch.

16. Rachael March 6, 2015 at 3:20 pm #

I’d like to think Kim’s hair is a wig but tbh it would be a better colour if it were – as it is, the hints of green and brassiness that are still there would say to me that she’s actually dyed it but just really, really needs a silver toner to sort it out.

It’s a dye job, but not a finished one.

17. Katey March 6, 2015 at 3:00 pm #

The only problem with Kim is her hair now. I can’t see why you do not like her style. Usually She dresses well. But this hair is a mess it’s true.

18. Valissa March 6, 2015 at 2:49 pm #

I actually miss Balmain under Decarnin…it was ridiculously cool and sexy without being tacky and try-hard. It is a hot mess with Olivier in charge! Not even these supermodels can sell it to me, let alone Kim Kardashian.
    Speaking of Kim, I wonder if she knows that a fashion show is about the clothes/designer and not about her? It is a circus every time she attends…between her outrageous outfits, her crying baby and her drastic hair changes…I’m starting to wonder why she continues to get invited when she detracts so much attention away from the shows.

• guest March 6, 2015 at 5:23 pm #

I share your sentiment about the Kardashian circus completely- they devalues the shows and the brands. Sadly, since Kim brings attention to the shows she attends, I fear she’ll keep getting invites.

• Noemi March 6, 2015 at 9:17 pm #

As we would say in Italy “parole sante” (which means “holy words”), you’re totally right.

19. meme March 6, 2015 at 2:42 pm #

Kimmode looks like a wax figure and you really should stop featuring her since she makes all the designer clothes she wears look like cheap knockoffs.

• Aline March 6, 2015 at 9:31 pm #

Totally agree!

20. Clara March 6, 2015 at 2:37 pm #

They’re going to start filming Suicide Squad soon, that’s why Jared is changing so much (he’s playing the Joker, remember?) I wouldn’t really call him comical, with his usual hair and beard I bet he’d look way better (even tho those snow boots must go)

The ladies look good (except for Kim, but I won’t comment on that), but Alessandra is trying too hard, as usual.

21. JD March 6, 2015 at 2:30 pm #

At first glance, I thought Leto was Karl Lagerfeld sans fan.

22. dee March 6, 2015 at 2:24 pm #

I only like Emily’s look. Jared and Kim both look awful.

23. kane March 6, 2015 at 1:54 pm #

I’m only okay with Karlie’s look. That platinum blonde trend needs to go away and fast! Never again after Jean Harlow–them golden days when the movies were still black and white, haha.

24. Christine March 6, 2015 at 1:48 pm #

Kim looks awful and that try hardy hair LOL. and omg what happened to Jared Leto? What the actual F?

I only like Gigi’s look.

25. sophie March 6, 2015 at 1:41 pm #

It’s official: Balmain is a tacky brand a la Anthony Vaccarello.

• Fiona-Brasil March 6, 2015 at 3:09 pm #

+ 1

• Bailey March 6, 2015 at 8:04 pm #

• Noemi March 6, 2015 at 9:11 pm #

I think Balmain is tackier than Vaccarello, now. The collections are all the same, and his designer has bad taste for what concerns guests.

• AnderBoBo March 6, 2015 at 11:53 pm #

Not surprising considering Olivier is nothing more than the Kardashian’s private atelier these days.

26. Iva March 6, 2015 at 1:30 pm #