Menu

January 26, 2015

2015 SAG Awards Red Carpet Roundup

SAG 1

Here is a quick roundup of some of the other attendees of the 2015 SAG Awards held at the Shrine Auditorium on Sunday (January 25) in Los Angeles, California.

Caitriona Balfe: The ‘Outlander’ actress certainly caught my attention in her saffron-hued Solace London strapless gown styled with red Gianvito Rossi sandals, a blood-orange Rodo clutch, Vhernier earrings and a Neil Lane ring. This is one of my favourites of the night.

Danielle Brooks: The ‘Orange is the New Black’ actress stunned wearing a navy Christian Siriano gown. The body-enhancing gown with the delicate tulle overlay on the bodice and the sweeping train is easily one of her best looks to date. She looked radiant.

SAG 2

Natasha Lyonne: The ‘Orange is the New Black’ actress wore a custom Proenza Schouler black crepe dress with silver and cream embroidery styled with a Proenza Schouler metallic clutch. Again, this is her best look yet. She has never looked more glamorous while still keeping in touch with her laidback style.

Maisie Williams: There is often a temptation to put young actresses in big poufy gowns, so I was delighted to see the ‘Game of Thrones’ actress looking youthful, modern and sweet wearing a laser-cut Self-Portrait red tea-length dress styled with gold pumps.

Kimiko Glenn: Don’t those ‘Orange is the new Black’ actresses scrub up well? I adored the taupe hue of Kimiko’s Gemy Maalouf strapless sweetheart-neckline gown against her skin tone. The streamlined silhouette is broken up with an elegant cascading tulle ruffle from the hip. J’adore from head to toe.

SAG 3

Stephanie Beatriz: Considering the ‘Brooklyn Nine Nine’ actress’s Johanna Johnson imperial emerald gown was custom made, I couldn’t figure out why the bodice fitted so poorly. It looked like it was about to slip down at any second.

Sophie Turner: The ‘Game of Thrones’ star kept it simple wearing a black dress with cut-outs and an asymmetrical hem given a playful touch with heart-shaped sandals.

Melissa Fumero: I was blown away by ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ actress Melissa in this gorgeous Maxime Simoens gown. Yes, mostly because it’s in a rich blue hue, but also for the design on the bodice, which keeps this interesting, and her complementary accessories, which included a Rauwolf clutch and Jacob & Co. jewels.

SAG 4

Amy Ryan: The actress wore a pink layered Honor dress, which is typical in design: simple and ultra feminine.

Lorelei Linklater: The young actress wore a black Honor dress with a white lace back and trim on the sleeves. This may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it is very much in tune with the ‘Boyhood’ actress’s gothic style.

SAG 5

Melissa Rauch: I do love a streamlined silhouette and that is what the ‘Big Bang Theory’ actress served up with this Pamella Roland pink and cherry-red strapless gown.

Lauren Lapkus: Hanging up her uniform for the night, the ‘Orange is the New Black’ actress looked divine wearing a Badgley Mischka Resort 2015 navy brocade ball gown.

SAG 6

Mayim Hoya Bialik: Christian Siriano has been on quite an epic roll. Proving once again why he is the man of the moment, the designer created this simple yet scene-stealing mermaid gown for the gorgeous actress. She played her part too by adding those stunning Ivanka Trump Fine Jewelry emerald earrings and gliding down the red carpet with such grace.

Taryn Manning: This is the softest I have ever seen the ‘Orange is the New Black’ actress. She wore an Elisabetta Franchi coral gown with sheer panel insets from the 2014 Fall collection. I can’t say I am a huge fan of the design though.

SAG 7

Selenis Leyva: I could’ve got on board with the ‘Orange is the New Black’ actress’s Bibhu Mohapatra Spring 2015 cap-sleeve dual-colour gown with floral embroidery had it not been for her hair.

Molly Parker: The ‘House of Cards’ actress took my breath away wearing a Lorena Sarbu blush crepe gown with a delicate sheer floral embroidered skirt.

SAG 8

Mozhan Marno: The ‘Blacklist’ actress was a vision in yellow. I love the orange lip and gold Emm Kuo clutch, which topped off this look to perfection.

Joanna Newsom: The musician took to the red carpet with her handsome beau, Andy Samberg, wearing an ethereal Zac Posen Pre-Fall 2015 polka-dot chiffon cape gown.

There are so many good looks here. Who is your favourite and who would you like to see in the best dressed poll for this event?

Credit: Getty

Paula Patton In Aiisha Ramadan - 2015 SAG Awards

Paula Patton In Aiisha Ramadan – 2015 SAG Awards

2015 SAG Awards Menswear Roundup

2015 SAG Awards Menswear Roundup

45 Responses to 2015 SAG Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. Mary Grace January 29, 2015 at 8:15 am #

Caitriona Balfe should be voted best-dressed She is a classy top-fashion stunner, a total package from head to toe and she glows in tangerine color with red accessories.

2. ML Kramer January 29, 2015 at 7:59 am #

How do stylists let their clients who need breast supports out in public without them? It strikes me that Ms Marno needs support or lift but the absolute worst case was Jennifer Aniston – i was embarrassed for her. Terrible.

3. il January 27, 2015 at 10:06 pm #

Danielle Books finally looks good. She either finally has a new glam team or she’s recently learned restraint. Kudos to Mayim too – I’ve liked her since Blossom.

4. Gloria January 27, 2015 at 2:12 pm #

Catiriona Balfe. She just has such incredible class!

5. Dee January 27, 2015 at 4:28 am #

Caitriona Balfe shines brightly in this group. Her choice of a tangerine gown and using blood red accessories is simply stunning. This is todays fashion at its best.

6. Teleholic January 27, 2015 at 2:52 am #

I know you already put her in the pole but I don’t know who Caitriona Balfe is and she blew me away. So stunning, down to the pose.

• Katydid January 27, 2015 at 6:55 am #

She is in the new show on Starz, “Outlander”.

7. Bec January 26, 2015 at 11:31 pm #

Caitriona and Mozhan are my favourites here.

8. Nadine January 26, 2015 at 10:31 pm #

Caitriona Balfe is most interesting here, love the colors.

9. Rachel January 26, 2015 at 8:21 pm #

My favourites are Caitriona and Mozhan, but I would also include Kimiko.

10. mattison January 26, 2015 at 8:16 pm #

More hits than misses in this group- loving the use of color and the styling for the most part. I’d like to see Caitriona and Mozhan on the best dressed of the event poll for sure, if not BDOTW.

11. JJ January 26, 2015 at 7:49 pm #

While not a fan of the ‘flap’ or whatever it’s called on Caitriona’s dress, I do love the shape and color combo the whole ensemble. She makes me yearn for spring.

12. Carol January 26, 2015 at 6:22 pm #

Mayim looks so good! It’s very hard to pull off a mermaid gown with such elegance, specially when you are not 6 feet tall…
    Danielle and Lauren are my other 2 faves.

13. Phoenix January 26, 2015 at 4:44 pm #

Kimikos is my fave.Love that design. So pretty.
    Caitriona and Danielle are also looking sharp, and I’m also really liking Joanna Newsoms light dress. Theres something so airy and innocent about it and it grabs me.

14. Delphi January 26, 2015 at 4:26 pm #

Catriona looks amazing and I LOVE Maisie’s dress, esp. on her. I actually love a lot of these- Kimiko, Danielle, Lauren, Mozhan and Joanna look lovely. Alright, I couldn’t choose…

15. Mary Lou Dudley January 26, 2015 at 4:04 pm #

Wow! Talk about “Standing out in a Crowd”! Catriona Balfe is absolutely gorgeous! She is bringing classy back to the USA if we would only follow her lead. Everything about this beautiful lady is stunning. She is every inch a STAR. More pictures of her, please.

16. jessica paster January 26, 2015 at 3:55 pm #

thankyou thankyou for getting that’s shes a gothprincess!!!!…..its Lorelai’s vibe!!!….thanks Catherine….u know I luuuuuuuuv RCFA and ur comments….good or bad :)…..xxjess

17. sanette January 26, 2015 at 3:45 pm #

Caitriona and Mozhan are my favourite here. Amazing use of colour. I thought Caitriona’s dress was a bit shapeless in other pictures but here it looks perfect. She can sell almost any dress to me.

18. pinksugar January 26, 2015 at 3:38 pm #

Cait looks extraordinary. It’s nice to see her stepping up her style game. The color is stunning on her.

19. Nat39 January 26, 2015 at 3:24 pm #

The 2 in the top row plus Mellisa Fumero and Kimiko.

I have to say what a fantastic choice for Danielle Brooks, the elegant gown accentuates her shape perfectly, great knowledge of woman’s body, Christian Siriano is giving Tadashi Shoji a run for his money here.

• mattison January 26, 2015 at 8:12 pm #

I totally agree- I keep scrolling back up to admire how lovely she looks.

20. Karim January 26, 2015 at 3:12 pm #

Is it me or this has been the saddest looking red carpet event in quite a while!

21. dee January 26, 2015 at 3:10 pm #

I like the looks on the top row.

22. Alina January 26, 2015 at 2:38 pm #

Caitriona Balfe, Melissa Fumero and Molly Parker.

23. mm January 26, 2015 at 2:35 pm #

as i scrolled down it just got worse. The first two ladies were the best of the bunch. I loved Danielle Brooks entire look

24. Bek January 26, 2015 at 2:23 pm #

Catriona Balfe looked absolutely stunning. The shade of the dress was very different as well as the contrasting colour. Her hair and makeup were divine. Love this H2T.

25. Raquel January 26, 2015 at 2:01 pm #

Caitriona Balfe is one of the best dressed if not the best dressed.

26. kane January 26, 2015 at 1:58 pm #

Quite a few of these managed much better with far less access than some a-to-c listers. I especially like Caitriona, Danielle, Kimiko, Lauren and Molly.

27. Ana January 26, 2015 at 1:38 pm #

Love Joanna Newsom’s style! Never had seen anything of her here before…

28. CreoleLady January 26, 2015 at 1:37 pm #

Wow, Danielle Brooks *picks jaw up off the floor*. J’adore. Catriona Belfe has me smiling as well. The saffron accented with the blood orange clutch and shoes, genius. I also like the Big Bang brigade. Melissa Rauch and Mayim Bialik join Kaley Cuoco in looKing their best ever.

• Marybeth January 26, 2015 at 8:28 pm #

Love that you mentioned Danielle Brooks first. She looks stunning and gets my best-dressed vote.
      Great point about the Big Bang Theory cast! Have we ever had an occasion like this when ALL THREE of the ladies look so nice?!?

I also share your enthusiasm for Catriona’s cheerful look and would only add that I liked Kimiko Glenn’s elegant effort as much, if not slightly more.

29. rebecca o January 26, 2015 at 1:23 pm #

Joanna Newsom. She looks lovely.

30. Fanny January 26, 2015 at 1:13 pm #

Caitriona, Kimiko, Sophie and Joanna.

31. Marcel January 26, 2015 at 1:11 pm #

Caitriona was absolutely stunning. In motion it was even more beautiful. She is my favourite in this group.

32. alvaro_spain January 26, 2015 at 1:06 pm #

Caitriona Balfe, Kimiko Glenn and Lauren Lapkus are my faves here.

Stephanie Beatriz=what a mess!! Awful. It seems her dress is gonna fall down at any moment.

33. Hermoine January 26, 2015 at 1:06 pm #

Lauren, Melissa and Kimko

34. Scarlett January 26, 2015 at 1:03 pm #

Hands down the best thing I’ve ever seen Caitriona in. I love the colour and the combination with the shoes. She nailed it.

35. Yeliz January 26, 2015 at 1:03 pm #

Caitriona Balfe is my fave of the bunch. Fabulous colour on her, gorgeous accessories. Would love to see her in the best dressed poll.
    Also liking Kimiko Glenn (even though the gown sits a bit too low) and Molly Parker’s looks.

36. Anne January 26, 2015 at 1:01 pm #

Even if the dress itself isn’t my favorite design, Caitriona Balfe as a whole package is fabulous – gorgeous color, accessories and well-styled, plus, that model pose accentuates the good part of the gown. Also, great choice for Maisie, but hair, makeup & shoes let down the look a bit.

37. Arina January 26, 2015 at 12:55 pm #

Caitriona, wowza! What a beauty, I love Outlander. She’s gorgeous here, definitely one of my favourites too. Thanks for selecting her FC, didn’t see her in other SAG reports.

38. Senda January 26, 2015 at 12:49 pm #

Definitely, Kimiko Glenn!
    Thanks CK for your exhaustive cover.

39. Christine January 26, 2015 at 12:44 pm #

Danielle Brooks, Maisie Williams, Kimiko, and Mozhan are my favorites from this bunch

40. R January 26, 2015 at 12:43 pm #

As a rule I never get on board on the “actress X is too short for this type of the dress”, because 98% of the time it is just silly, really, since very few actresses are as tall as runaway models on heels and even the shortest woman can rock a “big” dress. However, in Mayim’s case, I have to say: that dress is for someone taller.

• kane January 26, 2015 at 1:55 pm #

No-one implies that actresses have to be as tall as models, but still aesthetically it may still look better.

• msd January 26, 2015 at 10:42 pm #

It’s generally a criticism of the designer, though, rather than the wearer. Or the stylist for not guiding the client. I’m of the opinion that shorter women can wear just about any style – as long as it’s done properly and the proportions are carefully considered.