03.03.14

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – Oscars 2014

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture - Oscars 2014

Jennifer Lawrence attended the 2014 Oscars held at Hollywood & Highland Center on Sunday (March 2) in Hollywood, California.

The actress tripped again as she made her entrance onto the red carpet, which she once again laughed off with great humour. Could tripping be her good luck omen? We shall see.

I’m not surprised the actress took a tumble considering the height of her Brian Atwood black sandals.

Of course, Jennifer wore a Christian Dior Couture gown; it may not have been the one I picked out for her, but her red strapless gown with peplum detail made her look so very statuesque, despite the fact that the gown needed to be an inch or two shorter.

I can’t say this is my favourite Dior gown from Jennifer (that goes to her SAG Awards gown), but this one is better than the one she wore at the Golden Globes.

A Ferragamo clutch and dazzling necklace perfected her look.

Credit: Getty

Kate Mara In Christian Dior - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Kate Mara In Christian Dior – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Emma Watson In Vera Wang - Oscars 2014

Emma Watson In Vera Wang – Oscars 2014

60 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – Oscars 2014

1. Diamondbus March 3, 2014 at 02:35 #

I feel like she wears the same Dior dress, different colors at all the shows. Boring and predictable.

• mana March 3, 2014 at 23:56 #

2. Christine March 3, 2014 at 02:35 #

The red is nice but I preferred her look last year. Talk about having high expectations. Thought she was going to go big or go home. Guess it’s a been there done that for her.

3. marcel March 3, 2014 at 02:36 #

looks like charliza last year…..correct…just that

• Sanya March 3, 2014 at 08:29 #

Agree :)

4. Cindy March 3, 2014 at 02:36 #

She looked so beautiful, it’s hard to fault anything. She looks so gorgeous in that red, i don’t fault her for wearing it again. In one of her interviews, she said she tripped on a cone.

• Sleepless in Chicago March 3, 2014 at 11:09 #

5. Annabelle March 3, 2014 at 02:36 #

I loved this dress on her! The colour is something we’ve seen before, but it’s gorgeous nonetheless! Just curious – what would you have chosen for her?

6. Yeliz March 3, 2014 at 02:37 #

Much better than her Globes look but I’m feeling underwhelmed by this and I think her hair styled this way is very aging.

• Ashlee March 3, 2014 at 02:39 #

I agree I really dislike her hair it makes her look much older.

• Jess2 March 3, 2014 at 05:33 #

+1, her hair is definitely the main problem here.

• Tess March 3, 2014 at 05:46 #

I agree!

7. Jane March 3, 2014 at 02:39 #

Too polished. She’s young, you could pull off so many fun and quirky looks during that time. Boring, safe, predictable, and she looks much older than she is.

8. Leela March 3, 2014 at 02:40 #

I hate it when celebs are the face of a certain brand, they’re SO limited to their outfits. I’m sick of seeing Jennifer in Dior

9. TL March 3, 2014 at 02:40 #

Red looks great on her, but the dress itself is boring. Her gown for Oscar last year is still my favorite.

10. Thomas March 3, 2014 at 02:41 #

I love J Law but the hair is a no-no, its like Emma Thompson’s hair! As compared to the red Calvin Klein she wore 2 years ago, this is very underwhelming. Love the way she pulled off the back necklace trend though

• cherrysoftness March 3, 2014 at 04:01 #

Oh my, jackpot. Emma Thompson hair. And that eye shadow, meant to make her eyes disappear. This is such a great shade of red for her, this could’ve been a lot better.

11. Noemi March 3, 2014 at 02:43 #

I like the dress and the styling but I think she looks older, maybe it’s the hairstyle.

12. brat March 3, 2014 at 02:43 #

Her hair and makeup age her a good 10 yrs, and the eyeliner is GOD AWFUL! She’s going for sleek like Amy but failing. The dress is a snoozefest, I hope Lupita wins simply bc at this point she’s better dressed to receive that award…Geez

• Avika March 4, 2014 at 00:08 #

better dressed to receive that award? It’s an acting award…

13. Bec March 3, 2014 at 02:44 #

Meh

14. Bridget March 3, 2014 at 02:44 #

So boring. The necklace, being longer in the back, seems repetitive of last years Oscar look. Rachel Zoe needs to step up her game.

• Iva March 3, 2014 at 09:08 #

15. Anita March 3, 2014 at 02:45 #

From the bust up she looks great. But everything after that just looks so lifeless and mediocre. This needs to stop – Unfortunately we will be seeing more Jen/RafDior collabs for the next few years ><.

16. Nat39 March 3, 2014 at 02:47 #

Practically looks like a red version of the blue Fitriani gown (with pocket-like detailing) worn by Anna Faris at the Grammys (except I loved Anna much more). The eye makeup is horrible, the hair is too mature, and the necklace looks like an after-thought. I was hoping for something more adventurous. Disappointing.

17. sam March 3, 2014 at 02:51 #

She looks gorgeous and stunning with the bright red Dior, I understand she redeems herself at this year’s Oscar because she isn’t really the ‘big’ star of it. But I can’t just love that hair. It’s mumsy.

18. Alicat March 3, 2014 at 02:53 #

At last… A blast of colour. She looks great but perhaps the dress, except for the fiery hue, is a little staid for someone so young. I agree it is a little long.

19. kevinappears March 3, 2014 at 02:55 #

This is absolutely a dejavu. Did someone wear exactly the same dress before?

• jo March 3, 2014 at 18:15 #

20. Prudence March 3, 2014 at 02:56 #

what a bore and my god why did they age her like that with that awful hair do.

21. Prudence March 3, 2014 at 02:58 #

And the deja vu comes from the fact that Charlize wore almost the exact same dress in white last year.

22. adrian March 3, 2014 at 03:06 #

not good

23. sara March 3, 2014 at 03:06 #

the first thing i thought was ‘were did i already see this dress??’, i have a strong sense of deja-vù, and being the oscars this is the worst that can happen! also her hair and makeup are not bad, but horrific!!!seriously, how could anyone let her go in this state???i’m appalled

24. CD March 3, 2014 at 03:09 #

the hair :(

25. Anj March 3, 2014 at 03:20 #

I like it from the waist-up. The color is great but the dress as a whole is a let down; a bit drab.

26. Courtney Klein March 3, 2014 at 03:23 #

Not my favorite look at all. Hair looks like Hilary Clinton. Jewelry should have been more bold.

27. Katy March 3, 2014 at 03:44 #

Why is she trying to look like she’s in her forties? I don’t like this look at all.

28. Alina March 3, 2014 at 04:39 #

OK dress, ageing hair and makeup.

29. Renata March 3, 2014 at 04:39 #

Gosh that hair and makeup makes her look like Carolina Herrera…

30. Angeline March 3, 2014 at 04:50 #

She should fire her hair stylist. That hair just ages her and does nothing to flatter the dress.

31. dani March 3, 2014 at 05:29 #

The hair’s terrible, the dress is a comparative snooze, but I really want to know why she went for the backward necklace look twice in a row at this event?

32. Camille March 3, 2014 at 06:10 #

Hair and makeup are horrible and there was something different about her face that was not quite right. Usually she’s gorgeous, but I finally figured it out. She’s bleached her eyebrows. They are lighter and almost disappear. She looks much much better with a darker brow to frame her lovely eyes. The hair is too old and the makeup is so blah. The red color is the only vibrant and youthful thing about this whole look.

33. Valissa March 3, 2014 at 08:20 #

Sadly, she was my worse dressed of the night. Everything was wrong IMO. The dress didn’t seem to fit right, the fabric looked horribly cheap, her hair was a disaster and the makeup aged her.
    She really needs a new stylist and to get out of her Dior contract because she is just not getting it right on the red carpet.

34. Austin March 3, 2014 at 09:46 #

oh god thanks for choosing a vintage Dior

35. kane March 3, 2014 at 10:18 #

Not a complete disaster. Not some assymetrical, somewhat sloppy-looking Dior creation, but frankly it calls up other dresses with a similar shape, not least the specTACular black one Naomie Harris wore for the Mandela premiere in London and Jennifer’s just doesn’t stand a shred of a chance against it.

36. Joy March 3, 2014 at 11:40 #

When I first saw this dress it reminded me too much of Charlize last year. Nobody else thought that huh? Anyway, that dress was one of my BDOTY so of course I love this red version. I loved everything about it. I even liked her Caroline Herrera hairstyle. She looked beautiful in red.

37. EmmaWoodhouse March 3, 2014 at 13:46 #

Red is a great color on her and I like the idea of the gown…in execution it’s a little dumpy, should have been tailored better. Last year was amazing. I wish she’d done a sassier look with her hair, here.

38. Mel March 3, 2014 at 13:54 #

Same hair and same necklace style she wore last year, another tripped and another strapless and boring Dior gown. This girl is becoming a cliché of herself.

I’m not impressed

39. Derro March 3, 2014 at 14:00 #

Not liking the hair and makeup but LOVING the dress. Thank God for JLaw for bringing a much needed pop of colour to that beige red carpet! (Lupita and Cate looked great too, but I’m thankful to JLaw for how bright this look is. I love the peplum and the sillhouette too.)

40. from-chitown March 3, 2014 at 14:32 #

I love the color on her. But thats about it. She is so young, she should be having fun on the red carpet. Her beautiful personality does not match her red carpet style.

41. justme March 3, 2014 at 14:39 #

*heavy sigh*
    Neck up: She’s 23. Why did her hairstylist have her looking like Hilary Clinton?
    And the dull makeup doesn’t even save it.
    Neck down: I’m starting a petition to end her contract with Dior. They give her their most uninspiring pieces.

The 2011 Oscars taught me that Jennifer can be a knockout in a simple red gown so this is really upsetting.

42. Cássia March 3, 2014 at 16:45 #

Is it vintage, custom made or what?

43. nomoresnow March 3, 2014 at 17:54 #

It’s ok but I prefer the way she dressed in the beginning. Does anyone remember that quirky black dress she wore to her first award show, think it was the globes? She does always seem to dress in similiar dresses now, would like to see something different.

44. the ogre March 3, 2014 at 19:25 #

I am very disappointed by this. She is one of my favourite actors and has a personality to boot. But this is just plain sloppy. Somehow it reminded me of Charlize’s white Dior gown last year except for the fact that that one was my best dressed. This one could well be one of my worst-dressed of the night. On top of that, take the hair and the make up and the horrible state of the ill-fitted dress and of course another stupid backward necklace. Her quirky glow is missing. She seems trapped and I’m just sad. I was expecting some bold irreverence from her. She could do that better. Her Vanity Fair Oscar Party Tom Ford look is heaps better!

45. Fatou March 3, 2014 at 20:13 #

The dress is a bit underwhelming despite the bright colour…but that hair style is just not my cup of tea…it makes her so much older too.

46. lou March 3, 2014 at 21:16 #

It’s already been said but the Hilary Clinton hair ruined this look

47. Catherine March 4, 2014 at 05:06 #

Love this gown, as the fit is perfect and the color is striking. Also love the necklace! Glad to see a good Dior gown on Jennifer!

48. naama March 4, 2014 at 23:10 #

Enough with the strapless already!!!

49. gabis March 7, 2014 at 03:12 #

Love the colour and the jewelry. The dress is meh, makeup is a tad weird and she looks like a young Annette Bening/Hilary Clinton with that hair.