27.01.14

Beyonce Knowles In Michael Costello – 2014 Grammy Awards Press Room

Beyonce Knowles In Michael Costello - 2014 Grammy Awards Press Room

Having dried off her tresses from her performance at the 2014 Grammy Awards held at the Staples Center on Sunday (January 26) in Los Angeles, California, Beyonce Knowles slipped into another look to meet the press, which was again all about the booty.

The singer wore an open-back Michael Costello fishnet gown with white embroidery, which she styled with Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

As alluring as this gown is, there isn’t much I like about it. It feels terribly dated, like something Tina Knowles would’ve whipped up for Destiny’s Child in the early days.

Also, I’m about ready for celebs to jump off this sheer trend… it’s been done to death.

Credit: Getty

Julia Roberts In Elie Saab - 2014 Grammy Awards

Julia Roberts In Elie Saab – 2014 Grammy Awards

Priyanka Chopra In Alexander McQueen - 2014 Idea FilmFare Awards

Priyanka Chopra In Alexander McQueen – 2014 Idea FilmFare Awards

33 Responses to Beyonce Knowles In Michael Costello – 2014 Grammy Awards Press Room

1. Alina January 27, 2014 at 14:29 #

It looks like a very cheap Zuhair Murah dress.
    Can Solange style her sister, please?

• Alina January 27, 2014 at 14:30 #

Zuhair Murad, of course.

• stella January 27, 2014 at 14:39 #

2. Britta January 27, 2014 at 14:32 #

I love that dress. It’s stunning for her. On the screen it looked amazing! Great choice!

3. Hauteness January 27, 2014 at 14:33 #

Agree 100% FC!! Dated, unoriginal, and boring. The hair and makeup aren’t doing anything to elevate this look either. I think a sleek ponytail would have at least been a step in the right direction.

4. Christine January 27, 2014 at 14:33 #

This looks so cheap and dated beyond belief. We know her body is unbelievable crazy sick. She inspires me to work extra hard at the gym lol but besides that this is a no. The dress is fugly

I am too sick of the sheer trend. It’s getting really stale now

5. alvaro_spain January 27, 2014 at 14:34 #

This reminds me Jennifer Lopez’s Zuhair Murad at the 2013 Golden Globes! But this is even worst!
    And the hair…. ¿?¿? …. I’m speechless!

6. Charlotte January 27, 2014 at 14:44 #

As you said : awful and dated. Plus it’s tacky and the sheer panel doesn’t work with her skin tone : FAIL !

• Fiona-Brasil January 27, 2014 at 16:12 #

7. MissCru January 27, 2014 at 14:46 #

The hair is the worst part of everything.

• gabis January 27, 2014 at 14:50 #

I agree. I came here to comment about the dress but I couldn’t even get there. Nothing could possibly work with that fried hair.

• Britta January 27, 2014 at 16:38 #

Indeed. Her hair looked terrible all night long!

8. pinksugar January 27, 2014 at 14:49 #

I love the dress. It fits her body like a glove. (Tina hasn’t seen a day she could whip anything like this up.) The hair and makeup ruined both of her looks for me though. I don’t know why she keeps going back to the bob & bold lip, it doesn’t suit her at all.

9. Camille January 27, 2014 at 14:59 #

Beyoncé is a gorgeous woman. You can tell she’s been working out and is in the best shape of her life, she is at the top of her game and she basically has unlimited resources when it comes to fashion- and she chooses this??? You hit the nail on the head FC, this look is DATED. I don’t like anything about this, it’s too similar to the J-Lo look and they both seem like the designers were big fans of ice dancing. The hair is just wrong and that bold lip is all wrong for this really wrong gown which is a double negative fashionwise. So it is just wrong upon wrong squared. I have a suspicion that JayZ picked this look, because it is sheer and shows off the goods and that is most men want. Such a wasted opportunity because Beyoncé is so gorgeous and this look falls so short.

10. CTgirl January 27, 2014 at 16:07 #

Too much yet too little.

11. Prudence January 27, 2014 at 16:29 #

Pure garbage. Throw in that disastrous hair and we have a wdoty contestant.

12. Anne Gallagher January 27, 2014 at 16:34 #

What a horrible dress! It looks as if it was constructed from Grandma’s lace curtains.

13. dee January 27, 2014 at 17:25 #

Awful from h2t. I rarely like anything she wears. Her style is terrible.

14. Laura January 27, 2014 at 18:45 #

I must be in the minority because I think she looks quite lovely. Her figure looks perfect in the dress

• Z January 28, 2014 at 07:49 #

Laura, I’m with u on the minority. Everyone’s blasting it cos it doesn’t show well against the backdrop. Pictures and videos of her inside, during the show- she looked quite good. Yes the lipshade might have been too deep but that dress was pretty IMO.
      Side note: she was just annouunced Best Dressed on a very popular redcarpet fashion show.

15. Yeliz January 27, 2014 at 19:27 #

This is just bad. I don’t like her hair + I’m so sick of the sheer trend as well.

16. Marko_M January 27, 2014 at 19:38 #

FC, I totally agree with the Tina Knowles reference. I personally wanna see Bey in groundbreaking fashion, not something that has been done a million times on the red carpet.

17. Pam January 27, 2014 at 20:34 #

Why does any one think we want to see their naked body?

18. Alex January 27, 2014 at 20:50 #

As soon as I saw this I thought House of Dereon. Tacky and unflattering,

19. Courteney January 27, 2014 at 22:12 #

This dress feels like a very tacky bridal gown.

20. Valissa January 27, 2014 at 22:56 #

This is a mess from head to toe!! And I’m actually a fan of the “sheer trend”, when done right it can be beautiful and alluring. But here it just looks tacky…what was she thinking!

21. Dani January 28, 2014 at 08:45 #

Yeah, nothing I like here. Not a fan of the hair, the makeup and when it comes to the dress – well, Ciara, J-Lo and a million others did it first and better.

• Dani January 28, 2014 at 08:45 #

Make that ‘better’ – as it hasn’t really been great on anyone!

22. Noemi January 28, 2014 at 09:46 #

This dress reminds me of a cheap version of the Givenchy worn by Ciara months ago.

23. anagha January 28, 2014 at 14:19 #

Everything gone wrong the dress,hair ,makeup.

24. jayt January 28, 2014 at 18:33 #

I know it’s dated but I kinda LOVE It. I believe that the picture doesn’t make people want to like this dress, I had seen a lot picture of beyonce in this dress and it’s doesn’t look tacky at all.

A lot of people love this dress actually.. It became one of the most memorable dress in the event.

I think she wanted to have that winter freeze theme.. so it kinda make sense for me with the hair and makeup.

25. sara January 29, 2014 at 20:30 #

I agree with most of the commentators- this look is cheap and dated. “Queen Bey” could have done soooo much better. With so many top notch designers willing to dress her, I am in awe of how or why this gown could have been selected for her. No offense but when I think of Michael Costello, I think of girls I’ve seen on Instagram who think they are models posing in his dresses at his studio or tacky Z-list celebrities or “real housewives”. I expected MUCH more from her, especially following her surprise album.

26. Dhppy January 30, 2014 at 01:50 #

I don’t love it, but I don’t mind it either. The Project Runway fan in me is thrilled for Michael Costello getting such a big client at such a huge event.