01.07.13 Advertising

Nicole Kidman for Jimmy Choo Autumn Winter 2013

Nicole Kidman for Jimmy Choo Autumn Winter 2013  (3)

Just before Cannes it was revealed that Nicole Kidman would be the face (and feet) of Jimmy Choo’s Autumn Winter 2013 campaign.

The campaign exploring themes of film noir and referencing the tension of Hitchcock’s empowered heroines, photographer Mikael Jansson portrays Kidman (wearing a cropped flame-coloured wig) as the seductive protagonist in a series of images that hint at the brand’s recurring themes of empowered glamour.

Breaking in August issues globally, the campaign is accompanied by a short film.

“Nicole has perfectly captured the mood of our AW13 collection; her character portrays the multi-faceted qualities of the Jimmy Choo woman for this season – strong, sexy with a beguiling sense of mystery.” Sandra Choi, Creative Director.

“I really enjoyed being able to play a role that was strong, sexy and in control. I got into a relationship with the photographer and Mikael is very intuitive, he knows what I am thinking and feeling and is able to translate it through the camera.” Nicole Kidman.

Credit: Mikael Jansson for Jimmy Choo

Chrissy Teigen In Milly - Sports Illustrated  Swimsuit South Beach Soiree

Chrissy Teigen In Milly – Sports Illustrated Swimsuit South Beach Soiree

Allison Williams In Matthew Williamson & Missoni - 18th Annual Nantucket Film Festival

Allison Williams In Matthew Williamson & Missoni – 18th Annual Nantucket Film Festival

24 Responses to Nicole Kidman for Jimmy Choo Autumn Winter 2013

1. Aparajita July 1, 2013 at 16:51 #

Love the shot of her in the coat!

• dee July 1, 2013 at 19:13 #

Me too. That is my favorite of this photoshoot.

2. Yeliz July 1, 2013 at 17:42 #

I think this is an amazing collaboration. Love the film and the photos.

• Beta July 1, 2013 at 18:05 #

3. Beth Rodrigues July 1, 2013 at 17:43 #

She is amazing in this wig..the clothes, the more than awesome shoes…wowzer!!!

4. Rebecca Z July 1, 2013 at 18:00 #

Wow is right. She looks spectacular. And it is so nice to see a mature woman portrayed this way instead of a 20 year old trying to look mature and mysterious.

5. Pedro July 1, 2013 at 18:04 #

Wow, she looks perfect!

6. Prudence July 1, 2013 at 18:20 #

sorry but I don’t like this combo at all, so not soemthing I would picture Nicole doing.

7. GiGi July 1, 2013 at 18:26 #

Do you think she realizes how great she looks with that hairdo? The long stringy hair has got to go. This is a fabulous look for her!!

• KatieKate July 2, 2013 at 01:42 #

Dit-to!! She should not pass go, not collect $200, but go straight to the hair salon and get a cut and color to exactly duplicate this look. Just…wow.

• Dhppy July 2, 2013 at 03:58 #

I thought the same thing. She hasn’t looked this vibrant in years.

8. Carolina July 1, 2013 at 20:54 #

Just perfect!
    Nicole is such a chameleon!
    great collaboration!

9. Sharon July 1, 2013 at 23:09 #

I have always liked Nicole, and I love the way she looks in this film, especially the red hair. She just keeps getting better.

FC – I’ve been meaning to thank you for extending your coverage to 7 days. I used to go through such pains waiting for Monday to arrive, but I can’t imagine how you manage to do all the work. You are a miracle, girl!

• Catherine Kallon July 2, 2013 at 09:22 #

Thanks….I won’t be able to do that every weekend sadly. I found myself sleeping during the day during the week last week as I was so exhausted from not taking a break, so only going to work weekends every now and then.

• CreoleLady July 2, 2013 at 09:53 #

FC, please do not exhaust yourself on the regular! Every week shouldn’t he a marathon (just Cannes and other special events, if you please, lol). I for one am perfectly happy with the idea of only occasional coverage over the weekend. The upside of no weekend coverage is BDOTW on Fridays and on Mondays, I have lots to look forward to.

• Catherine Kallon July 2, 2013 at 11:23 #

I won’t exhaust myself unless it is awards season or Cannes x ;)

10. Tiger Nueng July 1, 2013 at 23:16 #

She looks an amazing , this is really different from her normal look …it sexy combo!!!

11. Eve_V July 2, 2013 at 01:33 #

She looks so amazing, I wasn’t even paying much attention to the collection itself.

12. Christine July 2, 2013 at 02:53 #

Love these images. Flawless campaign!

13. Saara July 2, 2013 at 06:40 #

She look amazing, I don’t think she has ever looked better. The hair, the attitude.

14. Ariel July 2, 2013 at 10:54 #

Amazing! Love it from head to toe! I was getting a bit bored of her “Snow Queen” image and this one is perfectly sexy + stylish!

15. Gauri July 2, 2013 at 11:39 #

WOW !!

The collection would be amazing I am sure, but hey, we see a new fierce avatar of Nicole Kidman here ..! The look in the eyes, and of course the coat, amazing! All of it! Top to bottom!!! Amazing!

16. Kathy July 2, 2013 at 17:12 #

Am I the only one who feels like something is very off here? This doesn’t feel even a teensy bit like Nicole. The whole edgy-meets-just-rolled-out-of-bed thing, I’m just not buying it. The short red bob? The sexy cage heels? IMO ad campaigns should retain a bit of the star’s personality (especially if it’s a celebrity and not just a professional model). For a seasoned industry veteran like Nicole, who isn’t exactly a 20-something up-and-comer still finding her sense of style and identity, this “role” seems forced. I have a hard time believing Nicole would dress like this in real life.

• Prudence July 3, 2013 at 06:13 #