07.05.13

Paloma Faith In Michael Cinco – 2013 Met Gala

Paloma Faith In Michael Cinco - 2013 Met Gala

The only person to find the perfect blend of punk and drama was of course Paloma Faith, who took to the red carpet on Monday evening for the 2013 Met Gala in New York City.

Like Kylie Minogue, I was surprised the Dolce devotee didn’t opt for the Italian duo for her red carpet look; instead she worked a stunning Michael Cinco blood-red-and-black sequined gown featuring built-in gloves.

From the back you can see her bird tattoos via the sheer panel. Even as one who isn’t a fan of tattoos, I would’ve preferred the back to be open as I find the sheer panel bothersome.

Paloma’s dress is outstanding; however, her styling sells this look to me.

An architectural headpiece, bold red lips, a beautiful bouffant, sculpted brows and cat eyes completed her look.

I know many of you don’t understand my fascination with this woman, but she ALWAYS delivers on the red carpet.

There is never a dull moment when she is around.

Credit: Getty

Kim Kardashian Givenchy - 2013 Met Gala

Kim Kardashian Givenchy – 2013 Met Gala

Zooey Deschanel In Tommy Hilfiger - 2013 Met Gala

Zooey Deschanel In Tommy Hilfiger – 2013 Met Gala

33 Responses to Paloma Faith In Michael Cinco – 2013 Met Gala

1. EmmaWoodhouse May 7, 2013 at 16:06 #

Hmm…I’m definitely intrigued. This look is not an ounce short on drama, and I like the black and red, but I do not like the bird tattoos or open/sheer back. The built-in gloves make a statement, but am the only one who finds them really creepy? The headpiece was a fun touch,but her hair, as always, looks fake to me.

2. Alina May 7, 2013 at 16:07 #

I don’t like. I almost never like what she wears. ;)

3. Whoever May 7, 2013 at 16:12 #

I think the dress is awesome. In another celeb, the look would be breathtaking. But she is the problem. She is like a scarecrow.

4. dunzoo May 7, 2013 at 16:16 #

Usually, I find Paloma too costumey, but she looks great here! her dress is sensational, and she has the presence to pull it off (I’m not fond of the exposed tatts though). Love the hair & make up.

5. dee May 7, 2013 at 16:19 #

I think she looks pretty good. Not liking the back but loving the headpiece.

6. Moxie May 7, 2013 at 16:19 #

Absolutely love this look from the neck down, except for the sheer panel on the back. It should have been open or the sheer should have been black.

If I ignore the hair and headpiece, she’s one of my best dressed of the night.

7. kathryn May 7, 2013 at 16:20 #

I love this and I love her because she always brings something interesting to the red carpet. She’s literally SHUTTING IT DOWN!

8. AlexGS May 7, 2013 at 16:27 #

I really love this look, it´s amazing.

9. Ali Elgashi May 7, 2013 at 16:27 #

crezy but i like it

10. The Very Simon G May 7, 2013 at 16:28 #

One of the best dressed of the night if you ask me. Dark and sultry punk with glamour, drama and amazingness. She looks incredible.

11. Yeliz May 7, 2013 at 16:39 #

I like the gown, even with the gloves. But I don’t like the hairstyle or her makeup.

12. Aurélien May 7, 2013 at 16:39 #

I don’t usually like her, but here I have to admit it: she looked fantastic ! Very dramatic, architectural and at the time very graceful. This kind of sequined train is really elegant.

13. glenn May 7, 2013 at 16:41 #

the dress is amazing, she looks great, the headpiece i’m not sure

14. Nat39 May 7, 2013 at 16:54 #

Her way of styling is what I often describe as a ´playfully tasteless mess´. But on this occasion I think she styled her look really well, bold dramatic styling done right. Still don´t care for the gown though esp. that panel.

• Nat39 May 7, 2013 at 17:23 #

..I think it´s totally the case when the styling and the attitude sell the look.

15. Marybeth May 7, 2013 at 17:03 #

This really works for me, from the neck down at least. The exposed tattoos actually help here, as they enhance the “punk” vibe —although I agree with FC that the dress should have been truly backless instead of having the sheer panel.

The hair is the problem. If she had gone for a simple do, along with the headpiece, I think it would have been just as dramatic but far better.

In any case, it’s a great look for this particular event and I give her a big thumbs up!

16. regina May 7, 2013 at 17:15 #

I love her dress, absolutely amazing and she pulls the whole look off so well.

17. vivian May 7, 2013 at 17:19 #

i like the drama she brings into!

18. Nat May 7, 2013 at 17:19 #

I completely agree with you. She was the only one who pulled it off the theme. She is amazing. I am also obsessed by her style. She always rock on red. Best dressed nominee.

19. robbie May 7, 2013 at 17:45 #

love it! fierce and fabulous.

20. Prudence May 7, 2013 at 17:47 #

THIS IS WHAT YOU WEAR TO THE MET…YOU WHIP OUT CRAZY STUFF AND PUT IN ON YOUR HEAD AND YOU LOOK FIERCE AS HELL. ONE OF THE BEST OF THE NIGHT.

21. fromchi-town May 7, 2013 at 18:13 #

I dont usually like her… but here she is absolutely amazing. This is the way to bring the crazy to the Met gala and work it.

22. Kaiva May 7, 2013 at 18:33 #

Love this! But I agree about back, even if the sheer panel was black ir would hav been better.

23. Christine May 7, 2013 at 19:10 #

This is so breathtaking wow!!!! Love this!

24. sammy May 7, 2013 at 21:25 #

LOOOOOOVE this look. Its crazy dramatic and I love it

25. EmilyBowen May 7, 2013 at 21:37 #

This feels more like a true Met Gala moment! Gosh, if we can’t see this here, where can we? Paloma is often very challenging in her approach to red carpet dressing, but she’s got it note perfect here I feel. I agree with FC, the sheer panel is distracting, but I appreciate the exposed tattoos, it’s all part of the theme. And unlike most attendees, she’s got genuine punk attitude here! One of my favourites of the night.

26. Gabby M May 7, 2013 at 22:27 #

head up awesome! the dress though its much to vampy… plus I just dont think I will ever like attached gloves… unless its on a catsuit.

27. Alicat May 8, 2013 at 00:02 #

Another one of the few and far between attendees who actually nailed it. She looks amazing. There is so much detail. I love her vampy take on the theme.

28. Jess May 8, 2013 at 12:41 #

She looks amazing, and it’s perfect for an event like this. Wish this was on the best dressed list :(

29. Jess2 May 8, 2013 at 13:42 #

I rarely like a Paloma’s Faith look but this is awesome and so fierce! So good, I agree that the styling really sells it!

30. larush May 8, 2013 at 14:10 #

Great look, The sheer panel is the one holding the dress together. To leave it bare you need straps on back or a very sticky/strong double adhesive tape.

31. Aline May 8, 2013 at 20:46 #

Outstanding really is the word.

32. TeaAtTwo May 9, 2013 at 02:34 #

For the first time I like even love a look from her. This is a killer.