Paloma Faith In Michael Cinco – 2013 Met Gala

Paloma Faith In Michael Cinco - 2013 Met Gala

The only person to find the perfect blend of punk and drama was of course Paloma Faith, who took to the red carpet on Monday evening for the 2013 Met Gala in New York City.

Like Kylie Minogue, I was surprised the Dolce devotee didn’t opt for the Italian duo for her red carpet look; instead she worked a stunning Michael Cinco blood-red-and-black sequined gown featuring built-in gloves.

From the back you can see her bird tattoos via the sheer panel. Even as one who isn’t a fan of tattoos, I would’ve preferred the back to be open as I find the sheer panel bothersome.

Paloma’s dress is outstanding; however, her styling sells this look to me.

An architectural headpiece, bold red lips, a beautiful bouffant, sculpted brows and cat eyes completed her look.

I know many of you don’t understand my fascination with this woman, but she ALWAYS delivers on the red carpet.

There is never a dull moment when she is around.

Credit: Getty

33 thoughts on “Paloma Faith In Michael Cinco – 2013 Met Gala

1. EmmaWoodhouse

Hmm…I’m definitely intrigued. This look is not an ounce short on drama, and I like the black and red, but I do not like the bird tattoos or open/sheer back. The built-in gloves make a statement, but am the only one who finds them really creepy? The headpiece was a fun touch,but her hair, as always, looks fake to me.

2. Whoever

I think the dress is awesome. In another celeb, the look would be breathtaking. But she is the problem. She is like a scarecrow.

3. dunzoo

Usually, I find Paloma too costumey, but she looks great here! her dress is sensational, and she has the presence to pull it off (I’m not fond of the exposed tatts though). Love the hair & make up.

4. Moxie

Absolutely love this look from the neck down, except for the sheer panel on the back. It should have been open or the sheer should have been black.

If I ignore the hair and headpiece, she’s one of my best dressed of the night.

5. kathryn

I love this and I love her because she always brings something interesting to the red carpet. She’s literally SHUTTING IT DOWN!

6. Yeliz

I like the gown, even with the gloves. But I don’t like the hairstyle or her makeup.

7. Aurélien

I don’t usually like her, but here I have to admit it: she looked fantastic ! Very dramatic, architectural and at the time very graceful. This kind of sequined train is really elegant.

8. Nat39

Her way of styling is what I often describe as a ´playfully tasteless mess´. But on this occasion I think she styled her look really well, bold dramatic styling done right. Still don´t care for the gown though esp. that panel.

9. Marybeth

This really works for me, from the neck down at least. The exposed tattoos actually help here, as they enhance the “punk” vibe —although I agree with FC that the dress should have been truly backless instead of having the sheer panel.

The hair is the problem. If she had gone for a simple do, along with the headpiece, I think it would have been just as dramatic but far better.

In any case, it’s a great look for this particular event and I give her a big thumbs up!

10. Nat

I completely agree with you. She was the only one who pulled it off the theme. She is amazing. I am also obsessed by her style. She always rock on red. Best dressed nominee.

11. Prudence

THIS IS WHAT YOU WEAR TO THE MET…YOU WHIP OUT CRAZY STUFF AND PUT IN ON YOUR HEAD AND YOU LOOK FIERCE AS HELL. ONE OF THE BEST OF THE NIGHT.

12. fromchi-town

I dont usually like her… but here she is absolutely amazing. This is the way to bring the crazy to the Met gala and work it.

13. Kaiva

Love this! But I agree about back, even if the sheer panel was black ir would hav been better.

14. EmilyBowen

This feels more like a true Met Gala moment! Gosh, if we can’t see this here, where can we? Paloma is often very challenging in her approach to red carpet dressing, but she’s got it note perfect here I feel. I agree with FC, the sheer panel is distracting, but I appreciate the exposed tattoos, it’s all part of the theme. And unlike most attendees, she’s got genuine punk attitude here! One of my favourites of the night.

15. Gabby M

head up awesome! the dress though its much to vampy… plus I just dont think I will ever like attached gloves… unless its on a catsuit.

16. Alicat

Another one of the few and far between attendees who actually nailed it. She looks amazing. There is so much detail. I love her vampy take on the theme.

17. Jess

She looks amazing, and it’s perfect for an event like this. Wish this was on the best dressed list :(

18. Jess2

I rarely like a Paloma’s Faith look but this is awesome and so fierce! So good, I agree that the styling really sells it!

19. larush

Great look, The sheer panel is the one holding the dress together. To leave it bare you need straps on back or a very sticky/strong double adhesive tape.