Willow Smith In Chanel – 2013 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

Willow Smith In Chanel - 2013 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards

I was surprised by how much I liked Willow Smith’s look on the red carpet at the USC Galen Center in LA yesterday evening for the 2013 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards.

For a while I found myself really irrated by her every time she hit the red carpet, as she seemed to want to wear the entire contents of her closet at one time.

Before us we now see a young lady who discovered what works for her, appears to be more confident, has stripped back the attention seeking antics whilst still maintaining an edgy look with a lot of attitude.

Dressed in a Chanel Resort 2013 mini dress with slanted pockets and taupe trims, the singer added a cropped denim jacket, yellow socks and Chanel lace up boots to her look.

A selection of earrings and a punk rock Mohawk completed provided the finishing touches.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

Debby Ryan In Topshop - 2013 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards

Debby Ryan In Topshop – 2013 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

32 Responses to Willow Smith In Chanel – 2013 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

1. Nat39 March 24, 2013 at 16:42 #

Very sweet, fresh and adorable summery dress that doesn´t work with her overly thin legs, and horrible out-of-place styling that has nothing to do with the dress.

2. Noemi March 24, 2013 at 16:57 #

I don’t care if she’s very famous, this is a waste of a lovely dress. I would see somebody like Selena Gomez with this, somebody young but not a child.

• Yeliz March 24, 2013 at 20:01 #

3. Christine March 24, 2013 at 17:16 #

Not liking the jacket or the boots.

4. Beth Rodrigues March 24, 2013 at 17:20 #

this “child” has a very educated sense of style! Ms Willow is wearing what all the girls in school are wearing street style rocks!

5. justme March 24, 2013 at 18:11 #

Are we really going to criticize a 12 year-old’s body? Smh.

Anyway, I may not always like the results but I can’t fault Willow for experimenting. Better now than when she’s older.

Her brother’s confused teenager instagram face is killing me lol.

• Nat39 March 24, 2013 at 18:34 #

Re: critisizing her body…with the pair of pants and less heavy shoes, she would´ve looked just fine.

• Shoshana March 24, 2013 at 19:08 #

That was malicious and not funny AT ALL.You could have kept your nastiness for yourself.

• Nat39 March 24, 2013 at 19:42 #

Nastiness??? I didn’t critisize her body, I simply don’t like this dress on her, and her styling doesn’t go with it at all – pants would go much better with this kind of styling, and a slightly less tough and heavy shoe would’ve worked better for her, they really weigh her down.

• Shoshana March 24, 2013 at 21:13 #

I guess with “overly thin legs” you are refering to her mind or to her soul then…pffff.

• Nat39 March 24, 2013 at 23:25 #

They ARE overly thin, and just to be clear, I´m not saying that it´s wrong, that she is not beautiful, or that she should gain weight or anything of this kind.. But if you are going to wear a very short sweet dress, teaming it with the bulky ´military bricks´ that only accentuate this thinness isn´t a good idea – choose the right shoe or wear pants. This can be done. She is 12 not 5 btw, no need to overreact.

• Shoshana March 25, 2013 at 00:10 #

It seems to me that living behind the computer detached you from reality.
                Try to take a walk around and you will check that kids change their bodies throughout teen years and it is when they are building self confidence.
                Oh ,she is 12!! So she is hard enough to take the harsh criticism from a famous nobody like you ? I am finished with you. Instead of apologize you reiterate your ignorance. I see there is no hope.

• Nat39 March 25, 2013 at 00:31 #

You are obviously the ignorant one who does not hear a word I´m saying. She is a beautiful girl and I don´t have a problem with her thinness but this is simply not a good or well-styled look for her – the fact that she is not even on the poll speaks for itself. You sound very rude, bitter, insecure and getting too personal. If anyone needs to take a walk is you.
                On the side note, I did apologize if my comment came out a bit too harsh for some, but it hasn´t been posted yet.

• Nat39 March 24, 2013 at 20:08 #

This is how this type of dress should be worn as far as I’m concerned http://redcfa.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Kiko-Mizuhara-In-Chanel-54th-Fashion-Editors-Club-of-Japan-Awards.jpg

My comment wasn’t meant to be harsh. So if you think it came out this way, I apologize.

• Noemi March 25, 2013 at 10:29 #

She looks lovely, I totally agree with you. I don’t understand why people take some comments in such a personal way. Honestly, I really don’t care how people of her age dress, and her parents chose to make her famous, they could make their kids live like kids…

• CreoleLady March 24, 2013 at 19:10 #

I’m glad you said what you said, justme, about criticizing a 12 y.o.’s body. I was a skinny kid at that age but thank goodness no one told me to wear pants to dress-up events because my legs were “overly thin”. I would have been crushed. I look back on those pictures of me in those dresses, long spindly legs and all, and I smile — I just remember feeling pretty.

• Rebecca Z March 24, 2013 at 23:21 #

I would have given my eye teeth to be told my legs were “overly thin”

• CreoleLady March 24, 2013 at 23:35 #

Lol. I must confess I wish I had the same metabolism now that I had then!

• Shoshana March 25, 2013 at 00:12 #

I completely agree with you. It seems people tend to forget that kids at that age are all insecure and just started to build their self confidence. Being nasty with kids in internet is the new black.

• Nat39 March 25, 2013 at 00:51 #

You are the nasty one here, rude, insecure, defensive, and taking your insults to a personal level. We are here to discuss how a look works for a person regardless of the age. Her stylist (if she has one) obviously did a poor job without taking her current physique into account. So, taking a leaf out of your book, relax and take that walk.

6. CreoleLady March 24, 2013 at 18:17 #

I think the picture of brother and sister with his arm slung around her shoulders is sweet. Just wish Jaden didn’t always have his brows furrowed.

7. CreoleLady March 24, 2013 at 18:18 #

I think the picture of brother and sister with his arm slung around her shoulders is sweet. Just wish Jaden didn’t always have his brow furrowed.

8. Cookie March 24, 2013 at 18:23 #

Hahahaha I don’t know if anybody else noticed but the gold CC logos on the boots are killing me. I think a 90s Logomania revival may be on the way and I don’t know whether to be very excited or very frightened.

9. Angela March 24, 2013 at 18:35 #

Well, it’s a vast improvement over last year, but she still tries too hard. She might as well pull an Angela Jolie leg to get some more attention while she’s at it.

10. Zissou March 24, 2013 at 18:37 #

She’s absolutely stunning.
    But she still bugs the hell out of me.

11. Marybeth March 24, 2013 at 19:53 #

“…she seemed to want to wear the entire contents of her closet at one time.”

LOL!
    Well, this is an improvement since she’s only wearing one half the closet today! There’s too much going on and the textures and colors are all over the place.
    She still looks very cute though and event-appropriate.

I get a kick out of the brother and sister pictures. They act like “normal” siblings!

12. Rebecca Z March 24, 2013 at 20:57 #

I am not usually a fan, but I think she looks totally adorable here. Edgy and sweet together–I agree with Beth Rodrigues–she looks the way lots of young girls want to look–she just has the money to do it.

13. Moxie March 24, 2013 at 22:16 #

I love the mix of sweet and edgy. She knows what she likes and wears it.

14. EmmaWoodhouse March 25, 2013 at 01:53 #

Not liking the skimpy little dress or her styling–the jacket, bricks (ahem, boots) and Mohawk seem forced.

15. Jess2 March 25, 2013 at 11:36 #

It’s a no from me, not liking this.

16. Skyler March 25, 2013 at 16:50 #

Oh, god.. I didn’t know what to say…Poor girl :P

17. Leo March 25, 2013 at 16:57 #

I feel bad for saying this, but I just can’t stand both the Smith kids. It is quite tragic to me what she has done to couture here. Karl and Chanel’s pir let the most bizarre people borrow his creations.