11.02.13

Carly Rae Jepsen In Roberto Cavalli – 2013 Grammy Awards

2013Grammys_CarlyRaeJepsen

Carly Rae Jepsen may have the bright, bubblegum pop hit of the season with her ‘Call Me Maybe’ track. But for Sunday night’s 2013 Grammy Awards at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, the nominated songstress took a darker, edgier turn.

Following in the heels of Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert, Carly Rae also wore a Roberto Cavalli dress for the evening.

The strapless, glittering statement almost looked slick with its cascade of shine that continued into the fishtail train.

No jewels were really necessary to add sparkle to this look, but she did accessorize with a gold Cuyana bracelet and H. Stern ring. And Jerome C. Rousseau’s ‘Mikon’ black patent, peep-toe Mary Janes were her shoe of choice.

The sultry mood continued with Carly’s dark locks and blunt bang, not to mention her silver eye shadow and nude lippie.

On the red carpet, Carly did admit she was a bit stressed when it came to finding her Grammys gown. After trying on eight different looks, she decided on this Cavalli number.

Did she make the right choice in your opinion?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2013 BAFTA Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2013 BAFTA Awards?

Alexa Chung In Valentino Red - 2013 Grammy Awards

Alexa Chung In Valentino Red – 2013 Grammy Awards

12 Responses to Carly Rae Jepsen In Roberto Cavalli – 2013 Grammy Awards

1. Nat39 February 11, 2013 at 01:37 #

I´m not loving/excited about it but it´s fine, my complaint is the gold bracelet.

2. MaddyEliza February 11, 2013 at 03:03 #

I definitely like this look, but it’s not wowing me.

• dee February 11, 2013 at 13:38 #

3. mia February 11, 2013 at 04:13 #

i’ve actually never seen carly look THIS good. i think it’s definitely the make up that makes all the difference. We always see her with really dark eyes, and red bold lips… but this time – it’s a lot lighter around the eye area – and not to mention those lip are just pure and simple. The dress is nice – yes – but i think the overall look works really well for her because it’s really refreshing to me.

4. Yeliz February 11, 2013 at 05:57 #

She should’ve worn one of the other seven gowns, because the fit is off, IMO.

5. Yolonda February 11, 2013 at 08:24 #

She looks unpolished if you ask me. The dress fits poorly around the bust (hello muffin top) and the makeup makes her look so harsh. The crooked bangs really bother me too – I’d love to see her grow them out for a change.

6. Alex February 11, 2013 at 10:48 #

I think she is too young for such a mature look.
    Still beautiful

• Moxie February 11, 2013 at 14:56 #

She’s not that young, she’s 27.

7. Gabby M February 11, 2013 at 10:50 #

whoever this is needs to fix her hair… I think she would be much prettier without such a heavy bang… also… please… dont do that makeup again, again I dont know how old she is but this reminds me of 15yr old back in the 90s

• Kate February 11, 2013 at 22:27 #

8. Moxie February 11, 2013 at 14:56 #

I know she’s trying to look younger, but the bangs bug me. And the makeup is awful. Like the dress, though. Not love, just like.

9. Louise February 12, 2013 at 10:19 #

Because the dress is so edgy I would have loved it if she took one extra step and pulled her hair back into a high slick-back ponytail. That would have been wowing. I don’t like how the dress’s colour shows up in the photos, it’s actually suppose to be a navy colour which looked amazing on her skin