The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge both wore black on Thursday evening attending a dinner in aid of the University of St. Andrews’ 600th Anniversary Appeal at Middle Temple Hall in London.

The university must hold special memories for the couple as that’s where they started their relationship.

The Duchess opted to re-wear one her Temperley London pieces – a black lace, long-sleeve gown, which she had previously worn to the ‘War Horse’ premiere.

On this occasion she styled her lace gown with pops of red via her Alexander McQueen bow-accented satin clutch (previous carried to the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant) and poppy pin.

Catherine’s hair and makeup are exact the same as when she wore this gown 11 months ago. Excuse me while I stretch and yawn.

You can buy Catherine’s Temperley London lace gown from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Getty

20 thoughts on “Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Temperley London – University of St. Andrews 600th Anniversary Appeal Dinner

1. robbie

“Excuse me while I stretch and yawn.” haha, love this part. thank god for the red clutch a little something exciting in an otherwise boring look.

1. Sea

+1. Well, I just stretched and yawned too. And when I opened up the link directing me to the photos of her wearing the same outfit last time, at first glance I thought it was the same event b/c everything is so close/the same.

2. gabis

There is nothing wrong about looking “boring” as long as you’re feeling comfy, true to your style and gorgeous. She’s looking stunning here as well as she did 11 months ago.

3. Serenella

I don’t understand why you guys get so bored. She looks good, doesn’t she? Not every look has to be a radical change, and it’s not like she can appear in public wearing pink hair.

1. vicky

The thing is that no look is even a minor change from the previous! Same hair, same style, same colour, same SHOES.

Yes, you can have a “comfortable” style, but it doesn’t have to be boring as well.

(She’s wearing a poppy? Where?)

4. Anita

Oh look its “frugal Kate” – I guess that will forever be her schtick.

When I saw the pictures on the daily mail, I thought they used the same pictures from earlier in the year. I mean it looks identical. She could atleast done her hair differently. Something!

1. Molly

The girl is far from “frugal”. She has been getting some bad press lately and people have been getting on her for spending so much on clothes, and whenever that happens, she rewears something so people can fawn over how “down to earth” she is. Its pretty smart if you think about it. Out of all of the royals, Kate rewears outfits the least.
      Isnt it a rule when you rewear gowns you have to do your hair differently and use different accessories? Someone should tell Kate that. Also, why does she always decide to rewear her worst outfits? This dress is awful.

5. arjun

I understand that she want to play the role of the daughter of the country , which has not changed who dresses like everyone else, and all she wants to make us believe, but then to recycle the same outfits and still be as boring, and after she is cited as the best-dressed woman, even zara and mango have best evening dresses and low-cost, she’s a princess can she make some little time more effort ,she want to be the new diana, in all case, it is far from being.the only time she’s was interested when her picture are realised.

6. Grace Patricia

I don’t like anything about it. Recycling looks is something nice to do, but when you recycle nice outfits to look at it’s something amazing. This dress is horrendous, her hair is always so poorly styled as well as her makeup. I just makes me miss Princess Diana’s looks.
    Mrs. Obama could give her some lessons on “how to look interesting without looking superficial”.

1. Marta

Mrs. Obama, as you said, is the First Lady. Catherine is only a wife of a son of the heir. Those are two different functions and their clothes shouldn’t even be compared.

7. Cloudy

Looks like you all missed the point ! Remember how she got William’s attention in the first place ? There was black and lace on that night, so being the classy lady she is, it’s black and lace one more time reminiscing of that night in history.

8. Grace Patricia

They are both public women in a kind of political background, having concerns about looking appropriate and not that expensive. I don’t think they should dress the same way, as I said, the hypothetical lesson would be on “how to look interesting without looking superficial”. So yes, they can be compared.

9. Lily

She looks completely lovely. That dress is really flattering on her and the red clutch with the poppy is a nice touch. Once Kate gets several dresses under her belt that work for all occasions, I imagine she’ll just rotate them. Why not? It’s about the event, not the dress.

10. rachel

While I understand how it can be seen as boring to wear the same outfit twice – really, who doesn’t do that. If something works and you feel fabulous, why not repeat? I believe women all over are so excited that the princess repeats her outfits because it essentially gives all of us permission to do the same What’s wrong with a little less stress in your life anyway?

11. Elaine2

well, just wait until you see her “new” hairstyle….. Hair flying all over the place during her visit to Cambridge. The woman seems to like to hide behind her hair curtain.