22.10.12

Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg In Elie Saab Couture – Royal Wedding

There’s nothing more magical than a royal wedding.

Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg and Countess Stephanie de Lannoy of Belgium were married in a religious ceremony on Saturday at the Cathedral of our Lady of Luxembourg in Luxembourg.

Stéphanie looked enchanting taking to the aisle in a beautiful Elie Saab Haute Couture wedding gown.

Her stunning lace ivory gown with three-quarter length sleeves was embroidered with silver thread leaves, as was the silk tulle veil.

Her five-metre long train was carried by bridesmaids in peach Natan gowns.

The bride wore her hair up in a chic chignon, with an Altenloh de Bruxelles tiara which has been owned by her family since 1878.

Credit: Getty

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Luxembourg Royal Wedding Guests

Luxembourg Royal Wedding Guests

32 Responses to Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg In Elie Saab Couture – Royal Wedding

1. T from Sydney October 22, 2012 at 08:29 #

Stunning!!!!

I think i love this dress way more than than KateM’s Wedding dress from last year.

i LOVE Royal Weddings!!!!

• GGG October 23, 2012 at 03:17 #

I agree!! It’s absolutely stunning. BDOTW!!!

2. Pene October 22, 2012 at 08:34 #

Beautiful. love it

3. Andrea October 22, 2012 at 08:36 #

So beautiful!!! Stunning wedding dress.

4. MEME October 22, 2012 at 08:55 #

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!…. Now this dress is STUNNING… WAY better than Kate Middleton’s…. my only issue is that it makes her look short…. but she looks stunning…. and her bridesmaids also look cute….

5. Betelgeuze October 22, 2012 at 09:28 #

She looks stunning, very beautiful bride.
    I just have to share with you how I nearly died when I was watching our local Czech TV channel evening news on Saturday cover this royal wedding, and the reporter (now keep in mind that in our language there’s a great diference between talking about male and female, including adjective endings and adding “ová” to the surname) said how “the dress was in a classic style the colour of ivory, designed by a world-known designeress Elie Saabova.” Looks like the reporter is much into fashion and did a lot of research :D

6. maggy October 22, 2012 at 09:39 #

It makes me so proud that our new princess is featured on RCFA.
    She looked stunning!

7. me October 22, 2012 at 09:41 #

is there a reason why this dress is compared to kate’s?

• Kyriaki - Cyprus October 22, 2012 at 10:18 #

She looked beautiful. The dress is gorgeous of course, even though I find it a bit heavy for a wedding dress.

• Anita October 22, 2012 at 17:23 #

because thats what the press does. As Kate’s wedding is considered (by some) as the epitome of modern Royal weddings, hereafter all royal weddings will now be compared to hers.

8. Kiwi October 22, 2012 at 09:47 #

Love it.. better than teh duchess in every way

9. Rashr October 22, 2012 at 10:01 #

I lost my breath on that 4th pic ! It is such a stunning shot!
    And how gorgeous she looks in that first close up pic! Wow !

10. Jess2 October 22, 2012 at 10:56 #

Oh I do love a royal wedding!! The dress is absolutely stunning! I hope their day was magical :)

11. laura October 22, 2012 at 11:13 #

This is my favorite royal wedding dress ! She looks stunning …

12. TL October 22, 2012 at 12:07 #

She looks radiant and stunning. Love the wedding dress, and her makeup is fantastic.

13. Amy October 22, 2012 at 12:31 #

the dress is divine, I love every bit of it, the way it moves , the back, she looks great

14. robbie October 22, 2012 at 12:32 #

it is nice but i just find the idea of a 5 metre train utterly ridiculous. the bridesmaid dresses are pretty.

15. EmmaWoodhouse October 22, 2012 at 12:56 #

WOW. Just WOW. I am hyperventilating! Elie Saab is the PERFECT choice for a princess’s wedding gown–this is so, so beautiful and is a challenger to my favorite modern royal wedding dress–Kate’s! I never thought that it would be topped, but this is so very beautiful! It is BDOTW for me, and is also near the top of my BDOTY list :)

16. EmmaWoodhouse October 22, 2012 at 12:56 #

Love the bridesmaids’ dresses as well–nice to see royal maids in a color other than white or yellow.

17. Dolly October 22, 2012 at 13:19 #

I literally died and went to fashion heaven when I saw this dress. It’s just simply divine and perfect for a princess, everything a royal wedding dress should be. Her hair and accessories were perfection as well! BDOTY contender for sure

18. Christine October 22, 2012 at 13:24 #

Gorgeous!

19. dee October 22, 2012 at 13:33 #

Now this is a very pretty gown. I like that she wore her hair up. She looks lovely.

20. Hannah October 22, 2012 at 15:29 #

She si beyond stunning. The dress is gorgeous and opulent, but refined enough to be appropriate. Her boutquet is wonderfully remantic, and her hair and veil are the perfect finishing touches. She looks truly radiant and so happy, and her makeup is beautiful and lightly applied.

21. Anita October 22, 2012 at 17:17 #

Looove!! Gorgeous.Everything was just so magical. And most importantly she looks healthy and happy. love love love. I think this is now my 2nd fave Royal Wedding dress. After my Princess Victoria of Sweden; despite the dress’ simplicity, I think that will forever be my no.1.

22. sara October 22, 2012 at 20:05 #

just STUNNING! I love it from head to toe!

23. Jessica October 22, 2012 at 20:09 #

I wish I could have Elie Saab design my wedding dress! She looks gorgeous, BOTW contender!

24. Yeliz October 22, 2012 at 20:19 #

I love this gown. She looks so enchanting. It’s the magic of a Elie Saab wedding gown.

25. Juliana October 22, 2012 at 21:28 #

I love, love this blog so much!!! I love FC when you post about the royals. It’s like fresh air!!!

26. Aline October 22, 2012 at 22:50 #

I couldn’t think of a better designer or a more stunning gown for a royal wedding. She looks phenomenal. I also LOVE the bouquet, it’s so complimentary to her dress.

And I really like the color chosen for the bridesmaids’ dresses.

27. RNA October 23, 2012 at 00:48 #

Love, love, love!

That is one gorgeous wedding gown!

28. Molly October 23, 2012 at 01:52 #

Perfection. I honestly wasnt expecting much from her since she doesnt really come off as a clothes girl, but she blew me away. Everything about this is utter perfection. Her train is a perfect length, the volume of the skirt is just right, and she chose the right tiara as its not too flashy and it doesnt try to over power the sparkle on her gown. I couldnt be happier that Stephanies new mother in law, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, introduced Stephanie to Elie Saab magic! BDOTW!

29. delia love bridal dress October 31, 2012 at 10:23 #

stunning, Briliant. Love this dress, cannt find a correct word to show my feeling. Love the long train.