Nicole Kidman In L’Wren Scott – 50th Annual New York Film Festival

Nicole Kidman donned head-to-toe red at a tribute gala held in her honour during the 2012 New York Film Festival on Wednesday evening in New York City.

The actress wore a dress by her favourite designer/stylist L’Wren Scott.

Her red fitted dress with fire-red sequin embroidered details had a sexy keyhole opening.

L’Wren Scott ‘Lady’ lattice shoes and Fred Leighton jewels accessorized her look.

Normally quite coy on the red carpet, this striking dress really appeared to bring her out of her shell.

Wavy tresses and a hot-red lip colour completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

22 thoughts on “Nicole Kidman In L’Wren Scott – 50th Annual New York Film Festival

1. Odette

“Normally quite coy on the red carpet, this striking dress really appeared to bring her out of her shell”

I agree FC. Nicole looks saucy and sexy. Love it.

2. robbie

this is the most ridiculous thing to nit pick about but i wish she fixed the straps on the shoes, the dress itself is lovely on her.

3. Ramsay

I like it – definitely more than a lot of L’wrenn Scott dresses she has worn over the years – BDOTW worthy look

4. Nat39

Something about the fit and the length makes it look mumsy to me. It’s a nice look but I’m not loving it.

1. lin

Agree, the length doesn’t look right, nor does the fit. Also don’t like the sleeves and prefer the shoes the model is wearing. Can’t believe I’m saying this about Nicole, normally love what she chooses.

5. Hannah

I really think that the dress is just uite ugly, to be honest. It’s matronly, its dated and it’s unflattering. The shoes are super matronly too, imo. To me, Nicole isn’t a fashion icon, and hasn’t been since about 2007.

6. Fiona

I wish Nicole would stop leaning on L’Wren Scott so much, I know that they have the same body type but she always ends up with this sexy school marm look, although I do like the colour on her. When she wears other designers she always looks younger and more current.

7. Serena

She has always been known more as a style icon than fashion icon. She’s already in her mid-40′s. If her style choices seem “matronly” to some, others would consider that as just age-appropriate. :)

8. EmmaWoodhouse

Love the shoes, wish that she’d fixed the straps. The dress is not working for me–it looks oddly mumsy, like a MOB dress from the 80s.