30.01.12

Meryl Streep In Vivienne Westwood – 2012 SAG Awards

After wowing us at the 2012 Australian Academy Of Cinema And Television Arts Awards, we were disappointed that Meryl Streep failed to excite as she walked the red carpet at the 2012 SAG Awards yesterday evening.

She wore a grey Vivienne Westwood dress, cinched with a thick brown belt.

This flowing long-sleeved look is nothing new from the actress, who tends to stick to the severe, no-fuss aesthetic on the red carpet.

Grey heels and a matching clutch finish the look.

Credit: Getty

Emmy Awards 2014 Fashion Critics’ Roundup

Emmy Awards 2014 Fashion Critics’ Roundup

Dianna Agron In Carolina Herrera - 2012 SAG Awards

Dianna Agron In Carolina Herrera – 2012 SAG Awards

10 Responses to Meryl Streep In Vivienne Westwood – 2012 SAG Awards

1. Alina January 30, 2012 at 13:20 #

I actually like it.

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 30, 2012 at 13:20 #

I give up. One of the most talented and attractive actresses of our time and Im beginning to think she is deliberately torturing us.
    An elephant grey monks robe, cinched with a wrestlers belt…I just can’t.

• barbogarbo January 30, 2012 at 13:49 #

My thoughts exactly.

• elaine2 January 30, 2012 at 13:52 #

LOL………I completely agree with you. Meryl really needs some help in the evening gown department. This VW ensemble is just WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jones19 January 30, 2012 at 14:12 #

LOL @ grey monks robe. I completely agree but Meryl has never been into fashion so I understand why she doesn’t put much effort into her looks. It’s a shame since she’s so talented and beautiful.

3. Vicky January 30, 2012 at 13:41 #

For me, it’s all the fabric around the bust that’s overkill.
    She has an amazing figure, I don’t understand why she’s constantly dressed in a belted sack!

4. AW January 30, 2012 at 13:52 #

It’s a little odd but I like it on her.

5. Hannah January 30, 2012 at 14:20 #

When I heard about her getting the role, and, as is inevitable with Meryl, knowing that the award noms would come rolling in, I was so excited given her amazing run with ‘Doubt’. This is just tragic, not one thing can I find to compliment.
    She needs Chris march and she needs her old stylist. I am losing the little hope that I had for the Elie Saab.

6. Colleen January 30, 2012 at 14:31 #

I know she is MERYL STREEP, but come on. Would it kill her to put a little effort into it? One can only imagine what bed sheet she will wear to the Oscars.

• firien January 30, 2012 at 23:36 #

Totally agree.

FC, you should stop making posts about Meryl Streep, otherwise we die here of fashion starvation…