Menu

September 17, 2020

Taylor Swift Wore Stella McCartney To The 2020 ACM Awards

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Taylor Swift Wore Stella McCartney To The 2020 ACM Awards

Taylor Swift also attended the 2020 ACM Awards which was televised on Wednesday (September 16).

This first time Taylor has attended the event since 2015 where she accepted the Milestone Award.

Skipping the red carpet, the singer went straight to the stage to perform a pared-back version of her song ‘Betty’ for the first time since its release.

Dressed in head-to-toe in Stella McCartney, I have to say this wasn’t what I was expecting.

Were you?

Taylor may play around with styles, colours, textures and fabrics, but when we see her on a red carpet we can all nod in agreement that “this is a Taylor Swift look.”

The same can’t be said for this burgundy sequin turtleneck and tan peg-leg trousers combo, which was finished with black chain-accented heels.

I think my issue is that the pieces are at odds with each other.

The top feels right at home at this event, whereas the trousers feel more like office attire to me.  I don’t get this pairing.

When it comes to hair and beauty, the singer managed this all on her own, opting for a no-fuss hairstyle as she simply pulled her curly, blonde locks back into a low bun while her natural makeup was brightened up with a pop of orange on her lips.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , ,

Lily Aldridge Wore Proenza Schouler To The 2020 ACM Awards

Lily Aldridge Wore Proenza Schouler To The 2020 ACM Awards

Maren Morris Wore Two Versace Looks For The 2020 ACM Awards

Maren Morris Wore Two Versace Looks For The 2020 ACM Awards

10 Responses to Taylor Swift Wore Stella McCartney To The 2020 ACM Awards

1. Juan September 19, 2020 at 2:32 am #

THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF SPORTY CHIC, gone bad.

2. phee September 18, 2020 at 2:27 pm #

Those high waist pants irk me a lot. the whole thing is ugh

3. Dominos September 18, 2020 at 9:10 am #

She looks like a scout leader going to an awards show. The outfit is bad but now i REALLY want her to star in a remake of Troop Beverly Hills.

4. TeaAtTwo September 18, 2020 at 3:56 am #

It’s looks very changed-tops-for-after-work-drinks. It works well colour wise but it’s a mishmash of a look occasion wise.

5. Fee September 18, 2020 at 1:29 am #

I oscillate between “this is an absolute train wreck” and “I actually don’t mind it”.

6. KseniaB September 18, 2020 at 1:12 am #

Taylor styled this herself, including the outfit. Each piece, as FC said, is a separate outfit with a different vibe. None of the pieces go together. The top is jazzy, the pants are utilitarian and the shoes are New York modern. I applaud Taylor for not being boring and trying something new, but it doesn’t work

• JHH September 18, 2020 at 7:00 am #

“Taylor styled this herself, including the outfit.” Well, that explains it.

7. JHH September 17, 2020 at 9:58 pm #

Stella McCartney is not a good designer and there is nothing Taylor could do about that. This is one of those outfits that makes me wonder how any professional stylist could put a client in it and send her out to face the world.

8. Pancaspe September 17, 2020 at 9:43 pm #

I was so scared she would wear some country stuff to please her fans that I was relieved to see this combo. ? I like it, it’s relaxed with some fun.

9. JR September 17, 2020 at 8:53 pm #

As a die hard “Swifty”, it pains me to say that I really don’t like anything about this. From the hair to the shoes and everything in between.