Menu

September 13, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Vanessa Kirby was awarded the Volpi Cup for Best Actress during the 2020 Film Festival on Saturday (September 12) for her role in ‘Pieces of a Woman’ which she stars alongside Shia LaBeouf, who plays her husband.

‘Pieces of a Woman’ follows a young mother (Vanessa Kirby) who suffers a tragedy that leads to a year-long mourning period affecting everyone in her life.

Netflix has acquired the worldwide rights to the film with no release date as yet.

So out of 5 looks from this festival, Vanessa leaves with only one bold hued look to her name, as she wore another black look from Armani Prive to this receive her honour.

The one-shoulder cady and silk velvet dress from the Fall 2012 collection is both classic and timeless in its design.

If Vanessa was to do a Cate Blanchett; 10, 15, 20 years from now, this dress would still be as relevant then, as it is today.

Vanessa’s style has always be very sophisticated, but usually a lot more detailed.

I feel that as we are in the run up to awards season, and with Vanessa name already being linked to nominations, I feel that we will see a lot more classic looks like this going forward as she starts campaigning.

What do you guys think?

Armani Prive Fall 2012

Credit: Vogue.com & Armani/SGP

, , , , ,

Vanessa Paradis Wore Two More Chanel Looks During The 2020 Deauville American Film Festival

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

13 Responses to Vanessa Kirby Wore Armani Prive To The 2020 Venice Film Festival Closing Ceremony

1. phee September 15, 2020 at 11:16 am #

meh. Its fine. underwhelming. Nothing to be interested in.

2. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang September 14, 2020 at 7:07 pm #

As Vanessa is getting rave reviews for her incredible performance in “Pieces of A Woman”, she’s highly likely a Best Actress contender during the upcoming award season. Fingers crossed she shall SLAY us more with her red carpet fashion. I know minimalist clean lines and simple silhouettes are Ms. Kirby’s red carpet mojo, but I’m expecting something big and bold from the Mission Impossible beauty. It would be PERFECT if she listens our prayers and go all out on EXTRAVAGANZA GLAMOUR indeed!!

3. CN September 14, 2020 at 4:49 pm #

I’m all for a minimalist moment, but this to me is a bit underwhelming.

She looks gorgeous, but I guess for a finale outfit, I was expecting more.

4. FashionFanFromSpain September 14, 2020 at 4:48 pm #

The dress is not as simple as it seems. Kasia Smutniak wore a black and white version of this dress at the 2012 edition of the festival and in her pictures is easier to see that the way the lateral portion is folded on the shoulder is quite original. You can check it out here:

I prefer Kasia’s version, but Vanessa looks great too, in my opinion.

Sorry for my English, it’s not my first language. By the way, I wanted to say that I love this website. I usually don’t comment, but I’ve been visiting it for several years now and for me it’s a great way to keep up with all the fashion and I’ve learned a lot about styling thanks to it.

• Catherine Kallon September 14, 2020 at 5:30 pm #

Wow.. it is even more beautiful in the black and white. I totally agree with you

• TeaAtTwo September 16, 2020 at 5:35 am #

Thanks for sharing. I prefer the black and white version.

5. Hailey September 14, 2020 at 3:29 pm #

She looks beautiful. Classic and timeless.

6. P&P September 14, 2020 at 2:18 pm #

She looks great in Armani. It makes her look dramatic and tall, no matter how simple the lines are.

7. andy September 14, 2020 at 1:38 pm #

clean and chic and very very Renée Zellweger

8. JessM September 14, 2020 at 5:42 am #

Look at that body! She look divine and very classic but not much more too it

• Fee September 14, 2020 at 11:50 am #

She looks great, but a little underwhelming in the wow factor.

9. Ruth September 13, 2020 at 10:01 pm #

Basic dress
    She looks basic dresses.

This is a basic dress but her body and frame elevates the look.

By the way, that volpi cup looks heavy as hell

10. TeaAtTwo September 13, 2020 at 8:05 pm #

It’s another classic, elegant look. I do hope for more variation is silhouette though, it could be Renee Zellweger nice but stale by the end of awards season.