Menu

March 11, 2020 Runway To Instagram

Jennifer Lopez Wore Versace For World of Dance

It’s only 11th March, and it feels like Jennifer Lopez has already done a lot in 2020.

Following her awards season run, which was cut one too short, to her epic performance at the superbowl.

The actress-singer-producer-dance judge-mother, and soon-to-be Mrs A. Rod, was back on the set with her ‘World of Dance’ co-judges Neyo and Derek Hough this week.

When you’re BFFs with Donatella Versace you can pretty much get anything custom made, be it your Superbowl costumes, your Met Gala dress or your MTV VMAs Vanguard performance costumes.

So adapting a look from the Versace Spring 2020 collection for the singer would’ve been light work for the designer, after all it was only the black dress – which gives JLo a minuscule waist – that changes the outlook of this custom piece.

The embroidery ensured that this piece was actually an improvement on the look which took to the runway.

DSW platforms completed her high-low look.

Versace Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Instagram

, , , ,

Emily Blunt Wore Christian Dior, Ulla Johnson & Petar Petrov For The 'A Quiet Place Part II' Promo Tour

Emily Blunt Wore Christian Dior, Ulla Johnson & Petar Petrov For The ‘A Quiet Place Part II’ Promo Tour

Marsai Martin Wore Marc Jacobs To The Sisters' Awards Brunch

Marsai Martin Wore Marc Jacobs To The Sisters’ Awards Brunch

15 Responses to Jennifer Lopez Wore Versace For World of Dance

1. alvarospain March 19, 2020 at 10:47 am #

Gorgeous!

2. Guest March 13, 2020 at 7:44 am #

I have enough of celebrities buying dresses for one off event. I think they should make an example that you can reuse and stop this machine of fast fashion. I think she would look nice in anything and she really doesnt have to show off all the time.

3. Guest March 12, 2020 at 10:07 pm #

Nice work. Suits her beautifully.

4. Guest March 12, 2020 at 9:21 pm #

She is dressing better these days !!

5. Guest March 12, 2020 at 8:28 pm #

JLo pulling some Petite Power magic here. Much better than the runway. BDOTW.

6. Guest March 12, 2020 at 10:16 am #

I love the dress on her – so unexpected. But I dont see anything similar in the two dresses – except perhaps the material & the undershirt.
    The length, waist, ruching, neck – everything is different. It looks like a different dress from the same collection.

7. Noor March 12, 2020 at 3:36 am #

What a wonderful look from JLo. I think the right word is “different.” It’s been a while since she went for a outfit like this. Runway version isn’t attractive. The improvement is really good. Perfect styling.

8. Guest March 11, 2020 at 11:33 pm #

I like the bottom, but the top is terrible! It makes her boobs look weird and kinda flat. I don’t understand why the designer put gathers around the waist, it puffs her up making her look fat. It could have been really pretty, but missed the mark to me.

9. Phee phee March 11, 2020 at 10:56 pm #

Sharp! I think she looks absolutely fabulous.
    I love the changes of the dress. On the runway it just looks rather dull. and not nearly as sleek.
    I love the cinched waist and I love the styling so much.

10. Guest March 11, 2020 at 10:20 pm #

I prefer the runway version, mainly because of the length and I prefer the fit just below the waist. Maybe add some embroidery to the runway black dress would have been the best modification. Also, pumps with no ankle straps were a much better option than the sandals that Jennifer has on.

11. Guest March 11, 2020 at 8:18 pm #

It might just be her stance in the photo, but from what I see that dress is just screaming to be shortened.

12. CharlotteLG March 11, 2020 at 7:32 pm #

I agree, she looks sexy and pretty chic.

13. Guest March 11, 2020 at 7:00 pm #

I like the top part but less the bottom. I am not sure about the length and the shoes are too clunky. I do enjoy the additional belt.
    Overall she looks fine although the model’s version is straight 🔥🔥

14. Originalmeme March 11, 2020 at 6:45 pm #

Love the model’s version.

15. Guest March 11, 2020 at 6:16 pm #

This is lovely on her. An unexpected choice that really suits her figure and style.