Menu

March 5, 2020

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge On Day Two & Three Of The Royal Ireland Tour

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Kate Middleton in Reiss and Equipment On Day Two & Three Of The Royal Ireland Tour

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge continued their tour of Ireland with several public engagements on Wednesday (March 4), and earlier today (March 5).

The couple started Wednesday at the Jigsaw National Centre for Youth Mental Health, where Catherine wore one of her most recycled item: her Reiss ‘Olivia’ coat, which she first on her 26th birthday back in 2008.

Once she removed her coat, she revealed a cute polka dot signature shirt from Equipment, which were teamed with black jeans and Russell and Bromley boots.

Kate Middleton in Dubarry jacket On Day Two & Three Of The Royal Ireland Tour

Catherine opted for the low key outfit of a belted green wax Dubarry jacket and a pair of elegant brown boots by Penelope Chilvers for her visit the Teagasc Animal & Grassland Research Centre at Grange in County Meath.

Beneath the jacket she wore a cream checked Barbour by Alexa Chung blouse, the collar of which could be seen atop her jacket. It’s safe to say that rarely have farm clothes looked so elegant.

Kate Middleton in vintage Oscar de la Renta On Day Two & Three Of The Royal Ireland Tour

Catherine’s final engagement on Wednesday was a visit to Dublin’s Museum of Literature.

My first thought was that while this pink polka dot vintage Oscar de La Renta dress was event appropriate, it also felt a little old fashioned.

As you know I’m all for a modern Duchess within the confines of her role, but this is the kinda ’80s dress I’m not too fond of.

Jimmy Choo accessories completed her look.

There was more polka dots, and more green for the couples visit to the Galway Community Circus, where they met performers, local artists and young musicians today.

Those of you who were “team belt” for her Alessandra Rich look, will be glad to see her wearing a belt with her Suzannah London frock, which she teamed with black suede Ralph Lauren boots and a Jimmy Choo Varenne clutch.

This is an ’80s moment I can get on board with.

Headed to her next engagement, the Duchess wore a military style coat which was of course from Alexander McQueen.

Catherine wore this same coat back in January for her Bradford visit.

As this is the final day of the tour, are you disappointed that she didn’t opt for any local designers, as she had done during her tour of India, or do you feel that she paid homage to the emerald isles perfectly with her succession of green outfits?

Credit: Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , , ,

HBO's 'The Plot Against America' New York Premiere

HBO’s ‘The Plot Against America’ New York Premiere

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Wore Victoria Beckham To The Endeavour Fund Awards

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Wore Victoria Beckham To The Endeavour Fund Awards

12 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge On Day Two & Three Of The Royal Ireland Tour

1. Los_NGLS March 6, 2020 at 8:12 pm #

I lost weight just reading that!

2. Guest March 6, 2020 at 6:08 pm #

I always think she doesn’t wear enough pants so I’m happy at least to see some variety.

3. JohnM219 March 6, 2020 at 5:23 pm #

I live for the Oscar, it’s heavenly. Wish there was a better picture.

4. Guest March 6, 2020 at 4:16 pm #

Kate eats like Victoria Beckham: to survive and to reach essential nutrition, nothing more, nothing less. That means smoothie for breakfast, six nuts for a post-workout snack, salad for lunch, chicken and steamed vegetables for dinner with a single glass of wine. No dessert, no fun snacks.

5. Catarina_M March 6, 2020 at 10:11 am #

The pink polka dot vintage Oscar de La Renta  is my favourite. Yes it’s old fashioned but is also elegant and color vibrant and, as much I like green on Kate, she doen’s have to wear all things green just because she is in Ireland.

6. Guest March 6, 2020 at 6:19 am #

It totally reminds me of Diana. But even 40 years earlier Diana’s looked fashion-ward as well as beautiful. Kate looks good but I agree with Catherine, the black lined collar really makes it look vintage and not in a good way. But am also happy to see Kate in a ponytailhere. Makes her look younger.

7. Phee phee March 5, 2020 at 11:30 pm #

She looks well put together as pre usual!
    I love that white coat so much. And those ‘farm’ boots are wonderful.

8. Guest March 5, 2020 at 11:20 pm #

That it looks so much like something that Diana could have worn is why I dislike it. Ha.
    If the pie crust collar was removed and the hair was different – I’m team hairbands- then I would have liked the outfit more; the colour is lovely on her and good to see in a bold colour that isn’t green.

9. Paola102 March 5, 2020 at 10:15 pm #

I like all her outfits, modern and chic. More and more her age I would say. Maybe the pink one is a bit old fashioned, but still in her wheelhouse.
    I find her hair to be really nice and modern in the first couple of pictures. Without the waves, she looks more youthful.

10. lmkw March 5, 2020 at 9:51 pm #

Polka dots suit her. Just a tiny pinch of pizzazz to brighten up her otherwise sedate style. That McQueen coat is <3.

11. Dominos March 5, 2020 at 9:44 pm #

Love the polka dot blouse and the casual outdoor look. I want to love the green dress but it doesn’t feel like it goes with the belt and boots (which I love).

12. Los_NGLS March 5, 2020 at 9:23 pm #

She needs to release workout videos because this woman is FIT!

I rather like the ruffle collar pink Oscar, it reminds me of Diana. ?