Menu

February 14, 2020 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Awards season has been gown heavy, and some of you must be feeling a little bit fatigued.

But Sophie Skelton served up something special when she glided down the red carpet for the Los Angeles premiere of Starz’s ‘Outlander’ Season 5, held at Hollywood Palladium on Thursday (February 13).

It’s like a modern fairy tale between the tulle and the colourful rainbow hues.

Georges Hobeika’s princess gowns always feel like a breath of fresh air.

I adore the detailing on the bodice, and the dual colour train.

Some might feel a gown of this magnitude should’ve been saved for the Met Gala, Cannes, Venice or Toronto.

But the trouble is, we wish for those gowns during those time periods, and they never materialise.

So I’ll take moments like this as and when they come.

Georges Hobeika Spring 2020 Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Sky Up Next 2020 Event

Sky Up Next 2020 Event

Who Was Your Best Dressed Of The Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed Of The Week?

37 Responses to Sophie Skelton Wore Georges Hobeika Couture To The ‘Outlander’ Season 5 Premiere

1. Guest February 18, 2020 at 9:11 pm #

WOW!

This is absolutely stunning!! I have no idea who this person is, and I’m probably never going to watch this show, but there is nothing about this gown that I don’t love!! (tho I would have added simple diamond stud earrings, maybe 3 karats a piece) And the second formerly sheer gown this week that looks way better lined!

It is fascinating how big and how much risk stars are willing to take for much smaller events, over events that really invite gown drama like this.

EDIT: Went on Getty Images to look at other angles and I love it even more now! 😍😍 It looks like instead of an opaque lining they just did a couple more layers of the same tulle, & from certain angles, mostly the side, when Sophie moved, it was as “nude” as the runway version, TO ME that takes the dress to another level! I love it when my fairy princess (though I do prefer princes) has a naughty side😈 I also love the effect of the sheerness when she was sitting on stage, perfect view of her legs rising out of this lavender cloud.

2. Guest February 18, 2020 at 7:50 pm #

I saw a picture of the back and it was fine… no exposure. Where’s the one you’re talking about?

3. Guest February 18, 2020 at 1:23 am #

I saw that pic. of the back, and as far as I can tell she simply stretched/pulled all the tulle towards the front as she was walking, it’s no different than the front.

4. Guest February 18, 2020 at 1:20 am #

Ok, I saw the back – the only reason it’s like that in that pic. it’s because she pulled all the tulle towards the front as she was walking. Otherwise, it wouldn’t be like this esp. with the additional tulle layers of the cape.

5. Guest February 17, 2020 at 4:54 pm #

I’ll take the good fashion whenever I can get them. This would have looked amazing on almost any big carpet. The very sheer part around the derriere means I’m not sure if this will be on my BDOTY list.

6. Guest February 17, 2020 at 1:52 am #

oh! A little sheer at the back, a little exhibitionist.

7. Guest February 16, 2020 at 6:14 pm #

This gown came out of nowhere and beat out all the Oscars/after-party looks. I’m a massive Outlander fan, I’ve been waiting for this new season for months!!

8. Guest February 16, 2020 at 12:46 pm #

I thought it was amazing then she walked away and it revealed more than it should unless that was the intention

9. Guest February 16, 2020 at 12:07 am #

Thanks for the recommendation! And fashion is everything, and everything is in fashion, so I see it as my duty to veer wayyyy off topic sometimes 😄
    There’s no reason fashion commentary can’t be a bit wild and foaming at the mouth sometimes 😉

10. Guest February 16, 2020 at 12:04 am #

I think it’s more of the side view that’s revealing, and tbh, unpopular opinion, but I love it even more now.

11. laurie_m February 15, 2020 at 4:24 pm #

Unicorn Party dress.

12. WhiteLady February 15, 2020 at 4:10 pm #

I agree with you on every word and, though this is a fashion site, I can veer slightly off topic and recommend Outlander wholeheartedly! Give it a go, the first 4 seasons are now on Netflix.

13. Catarina_M February 15, 2020 at 1:48 pm #

And then, I saw the back of the dress. Very disappointing.

14. Guest February 15, 2020 at 12:53 pm #

How wonderful is this gown? Uh oh…just saw the back…wonder why she would wear it like that being totally exposed in the rear?

The show is great, but I have a long way to go before catching up to Season 5!

15. Guest February 15, 2020 at 9:45 am #

I know it’s early but this is a BDOTY contender for me…

16. Guest February 15, 2020 at 8:59 am #

I fully agree with the comments..: from the moment you see the back of the dress… it lose all its power!! What a shame.

17. Guest February 15, 2020 at 7:30 am #

This is what was missing at the Oscars
    absolutely breathtaking

18. Guest February 15, 2020 at 6:13 am #

It’s so dramatic! Gorgeous in the front, but like other commenters pointed out, the back was a big letdown. Don’t know why if they decided to not make it sheer in front, they couldn’t have done the same for the back!

19. Guest February 15, 2020 at 6:08 am #

Huh, very interesting. The gown itself looks to be about the same length on both women, while the cape portion looks different. Wonder if they adjusted the length of the gown for Sophie?

20. Guest February 15, 2020 at 3:02 am #

Ugh. Loved this look and then saw the back. Trashy.

21. Guest February 15, 2020 at 2:04 am #

This dress is very amazing in this picture but I recently saw the pictures that others referred to of the back view and wow, this is revealing. If the picture of the back had been shown here, I think people would not have been as positive. I am going to pretend that I did not see the back view.

22. Kat February 15, 2020 at 1:38 am #

Oh no! Just saw the back and cannot un-see! Takes this look from a 9/10 to a 3. What a shame

23. lmkw February 15, 2020 at 1:11 am #

Love the design. That bodice is amazing. But I don’t care much for the sorbet colors.

24. SarahS95 February 14, 2020 at 11:29 pm #

Oh this is so light and beautiful just absolutely beautiful I’ll take this anytime of the year who cares the event

25. Guest February 14, 2020 at 10:50 pm #

gorgeous dress, but I feel it would have looked better on someone with blond or red hair and I think the wearer needed to have her hair in an updo (maybe a crowning braid) and statement earrings to keep some of the drama on her face… the dress is wearing her more than her it right now.

26. Guest February 14, 2020 at 8:51 pm #

I remember somebody in the comment section saying George George hobeika was not a top tier designer. Smh

This is magnificent
    I have never seen a gown like this ever.
    The colour combinations are not supposed to work but they do very well.

I am mesmerized
    BDOTY nominee.

27. Guest February 14, 2020 at 8:42 pm #

Simply stunning from the front and way better than anything we saw on Oscar night.

Unfortunately I saw a photo from the back on another website, and the back of the dress was completely sheer to be point of being vulgar.

I’ll still be voting for the front view to be BDOTW.

28. JohnM219 February 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm #

Refreshing on so many levels to just see a beautiful gown on a beautiful woman

29. Guest February 14, 2020 at 5:43 pm #

Stunning!! The detail on the top is extraordinary.

30. Guest February 14, 2020 at 5:07 pm #

That being said, I wouldn’t mind seeing it fully styled with a soft updo and even the choker at a springtime festival, the look has a perfect flair for such events (imagine Diane for ex) it could’ve been a spectacular entrance. I do like Sophie’s natural presentation, it works for her, but a bit more impressive and complete styling and presence could’ve taken this even to BDOTY worthy level.

31. Guest February 14, 2020 at 4:57 pm #

This is a strong contender for BDOTY for me!

32. Phee phee February 14, 2020 at 4:37 pm #

Intriguing. and bigness should be for any premiere or ‘big’ event….not just for Cannes etc 🙂

I cant decide about this though.
    I like it better on Sophie because its lined….but I like it better on the runway because of the height…..I feel like it puddles around her too much. I like the floor grazing of the models version better.

that said, I love the bodice detail. I adore all that cape surrounding her.

33. Paola102 February 14, 2020 at 4:35 pm #

Such a beautiful dress. and has so much more substance on Sophie than on the runway! The colours, the handywork! it looks like concentrated sun rays that explode in tulle!

34. Guest February 14, 2020 at 4:33 pm #

beautiful but feels a bit much for this premiere. I also find the color combo a bit easter like

35. KseniaBradner February 14, 2020 at 4:31 pm #

Very pretty and sooooo much better on Sophie. It’s so cheap on the runway.

36. Allie4790 February 14, 2020 at 4:18 pm #

I am mesmerized by this. Where was this power on Oscar night?

37. Guest February 14, 2020 at 4:07 pm #

O this is so beautiful! The delicate color play does make it special, and the flowing train adds drama. Even with all the Oscars/After-party looks, this is BDOTW worthy, hands down.